“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Wedgewood hotel & spa is a great place to stay for a weekend. We live about an hour out of town, but love to come to the city and stay for the weekend. We were so impressed with this hotel. Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The Bacchus lounge is great, the service is the best. This hotel is located close to everything. I had a problem with my car when we were leaving and they were right there to help. We will be staying here the next time we come to town.

Room Tip: rooms on the back are quieter, but view the ally, nice view from the rooms on the front
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night recently. Our suite was lovely and relaxing with a big soaker tub and king size bed. The breakfast was very yummy and staff were welcoming and helpful. I couldn't recommend this place more. We will be returning on our anniversary next year!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Crystal Bay, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We spent 3 amazing nights in this hotel. It is a charming boutique hotel located in a bustling part of vibrant Vancouver. We parked our car in the free garage space and walked to just about everywhere we wanted to go. There are many nearby restaurants and galleries. It is also an easy walk to the waterfront and convention center area where we were able to rent bikes and tour the coastline, including nearby not-to-be-missed Stanley Park.

The rooms are furnished lavishly with amazingly comfortable beds, spacious tub and and terrific views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors - we were on the 9th floor and the view was wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We travelled to Vancouver from Ireland on honeymoon. I had scoured the web for the perfect first stop that would help us to relax and unwind for a couple of days after the wedding, and allow us to adjust to the time difference. We were not disappointed. From the moment you arrive the standard of service from people was excellent. As it was our honeymoon, we were delighted to have been given a room upgrade, and shortly after arriving in our room, there was a knock on the door and a lady handed me a box of chocolates and a card. It was a 'congratulations' from Eleni, the owner; a very nice touch! The hotel itself is very ornate and I found myself jut sitting around looking at the décor in the lobby and the restaurant. Our room (905) overlooked Robson Square and was incredibly quiet. I had asked for a quiet room as we are both ridiculously light sleepers and I knew we would be jetlagged too. I had a sore throat (no doubt exacerbated by the two flights over) and had to cancel a massage on day two as I was feeling quite nauseous after taking some aspirin. I was having a little lie down in the room while my husband went for a run, and the spa called to ask how I was feeling and offer me a massage at a later time which I accepted. It was incredible. I saw some comments on here about the spa layout being weird; it isn't - it's an old building and they have made use of the layout very well. It's very quiet and relaxing and the massage experience was top rate. Breakfast was fantastic; we had the continental package, but I think because we were still on Irish time, we also ordered from the a la carte for breakfast and took our pastries to go. We couldn't eat again until evening time. One of the waitresses in the restaurant was absolutely lovely (Scarlett). We didn't eat dinner here, because the choice of restaurants close by was amazing (try Forage on Robson Street!) Overall, this was the ideal first stop on our honeymoon and I can see why people rave about it. Décor is beautiful, location is perfect, and service was excellent (most important!).

Room Tip: We stayed in 905, overlooking Robson Square. It was perfectly quiet, spacious and also luxurious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Since my last stay at the Wedgewood they have updated the amenities and the coffee machines. Both were already pretty slick and worked great, but now the amenities are quite more luxurious and the coffee machines are now nespresso machines so you can make yourself a creamy coffee in the morning or afternoon. I am always impressed by how nice everyone is, from all the people at reception, to all the door men, to the waitresses at the restaurant. I specially like an older lady that works the morning shift from Monday to Saturday, she gives you the continental breakfast and always remembers what you like and don't like, just such good service. The cleaning staff, the ones that come by every night to close the drapes, fluff your pillows and leave a yummy cookie in the room are the nicest people too. I go to Vancouver often and I will not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room at the Wedgewood.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mariana A
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

The room was nice. Exactly what I expected when I booked. I didn't like my view of power lines but that wasn't a deal breaker. The front desk staff were nice but the lady on when I was checking out kept putting my payment under visa when I was using a Visa DEBIT card. I had a ferry to catch and didn't' appreciate the wasted time.

Ate dinner in the restaurant the first night. Wish I had ventured offsite. Food was overpriced and bland. Wine was amazing though.

I had a massage at the spa. The massage was wonderful and the therapist suggested some stretching I could do to help loosen up some problem areas. Loved her. The spa itself was very cramped and felt more like a medical office than a retreat. The steam room was right across from the desk. It was a weird set up. I liked the location. I would not travel solo to vancouver again though as I didn't feel safe venturing out by myself at night.

Room Tip: ask for a room that isn't facing the alley with power lines
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped at the Wedgwood for one night on the way back from a short vacation in Tofino, Vancouver Island. The hotel overlooks Robson Square and the Art Gallery downtown Vancouver and as such is conveniently centrally located though it does not have a a waterfront view. The building is probably 70's vintage but well maintained. Inside decor is in European style with various types of classical like of paintings hanging on the walls. For some reason at check in we got upgraded to a suite with a separate sitting area and a stand up bar on one of the higher floors which is always a nice development. The hotel bar on the ground floor overlooks Hornby Street and if you get a window table can be a convenient location for urban scenery watching. Try booking a room facing the front notwithstanding it's probably more expensive than on the other side. Definitely on the hotel list to come back to when in town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple