The Westin Grand, Vancouver
$234
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
$253
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$185
Travelocity
$206
$185
1,835 results
All reviewsheavenly bedgreat locationmini kitchenpublic libraryrobson streetdeluxe suiteliving roombc placetim hortonsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsliquor storeoutdoor poolrogers arenaan upgradecentral locationfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Wifi solid not exceptional but not slow either from room with the paid daily of 15$.
Food at bar is very health conscious and rock star service from bell hop to concierge to wait staff. Good place to access the other Vancouver yalestown and Granville but walking distance to Alberni at black and blue and other great restaurants . Central place to access all Vancouver by foot instead of being on one side or other, great fitness Ctr . Westin catering to the successful yuppie with Vancouver flare

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Eric,

I'm so pleased to hear that you received 'rockstar service'! It was a pleasure to welcome you, we look forward to many more visits.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Like any other Westin around the world tried few so far & promise myself won't don it again & I do !
I just cant get over the idea of paying for internet !! appalling .......
asked 3 times to get my room hoovered ,, no chance ,,,despite very pleasant desk
great location but really must improve the quality of the service and upgrade their rooms

Room Tip: Don't bother stay if you have another option
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear detroncj,

Thank you for your review, my sincere apologies that we did not respond to your request to have the room vacuumed, this certainly does not sound like our staff to ignore a request given 3 times! I will speak with the housekeeping team regarding this as we pride ourselves on our guest service. We do offer complimentary internet in our lobby and restaurants, I'm sorry if the front desk did not inform you of this.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed July 2013.

Very large room - likely the largest out of all the hotels I have stayed at in Vancouver. Lots of sitting space. Separate bedroom that is spacious.

Very good customer service. My bag did not arrive with me, and the front desk arranged to get me everything I needed - tooth paste, etc etc.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor one3ag! I'm glad that you enjoyed your spacious suite. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Being an SPG Gold I would have expected more..Actually ducting check-in the girl at Front Desk was extremely friendly when I mentioned I visited this hotel 5 yrs ago on Business trip/Chinese Concert (we were upgraded to cornered suite). She asked me if I would like to pick 1) a drink or 2) points I said 2) points and she had offered " free internet service" for my stay and she mentioned that 3 times as I asked her for directions how to get to a hairdresser appt I was late for. She asked me to call down if I have problems signing in to the internet which I did not have time to after I rushed upstairs threw my luggage down, and called a cab.

That weekend how could I forget it was a rainstorm and I was soaked buying groceries at IGA few doors down from Westin Grand. Soaked in my wet clothes through the broken Westin Umbrella I freeze to death as the heater warms up in my tiny room. Looking for bottle waters it says it is safe to drink from the tap, please ask front desk for bottle. Being Celiac I have to drink bottle water and I asked about the Internet as well. Apparently Mgmt on site wasn't very friendly told me water is safe to drink I should be Environment Friendly when I asked for Bottle Water even after I presented my SPG GOLD. I am sorry Westin Grand Please accept my apology and Trip Advisor please accept my apology for not being environment friendly!! I do Recycle and not use Plastic bags, make a greener environment but do I have to bring a doctors note with me the 5Ws? Please Westin GM I do have my own Privacy!!! When he asked me how many bottles, I gave up...I will buy water from IGA next door (Sigh..talk about Terrible service for Over-Priced hotel). He argued with me I was trying to cheat the system for "Free Internet" (Horrible Service). I told him I could tethered from my phone I have 3GB from Rogers Corporate Plan and I can call SPG in the morning than he gave me a password.
I didn't get an upgrade as I was supposed to, there was no heat in my room during my stay. I had a fever 103 I was so tempted to call an ambulance during my stay as I was busy throwing up and the hotel was super noisy. For $300/night service was awful. If I won a free night there I will not stay there ever again!! It is far from restaurants, the sky train station, the shopping, etc. Yes you are close to the hockey game and what view?? It's all blocked by condos. I asked Concierge who sat very comfortably cushioned up in her chair flipping pages of her latest gossip mag for directions, she told me to ask Valet. What does Concierge do??
I just want to cry

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Jacqueline W

Dear JMKP2,

I'm sorry for all the issues and frustrations you faced during your stay. I would like to speak with you directly regarding this as I want to ensure that we can address the issues properly. My direct email is bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com I sincerely hope that we have a chance to connect.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hotel is typical westin, clean and decent, nothing to complain about. Wifi is the worst I have ever experienced, very slow and constantly down. Leaving in the morning I had to wait for 10 minutes for the elevator, I realized now why they have a tv with cbc news on every floor, something to keep you occupied while you wait. Also why only one security swipe on a very wide elevator cabin? Doesn't make it easy if you get into a crowded lift and have to ask people to swipe for you.
Too bad, otherwise this would be a decent choice in Vancouver as rooms are big, bright and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear morr87,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that you were frustrated by our elevators, we only wish we could install more! Your comment on the security swipe is a good one, I will speak with our Engineering team to explore getting another one put on the other side of the elevator.

We are constantly upgrading our service and just this week are upgrading our internet capabilities making the connections stronger, this should assist with any issues you were having.

I hope that you will return to us in the future.