“Central location ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Yorkshire, England
“Central location ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for just 1 night with some friends. Good central location with lots of bars and restaurants nearby, also very close to the stadium. We had a 1 bedroom suite on the very top floor (31st) which was nice, nothing more nothing less. Great views of the surrounding area. I would probably want to try a different hotel next time I come to Vancouver but would def recommend for a night or 2.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AJS2006
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear AJS2006,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our location and those incredible top-floor views. We'd truly like to welcome you back on your next Vancouver visit. If there's anything I can do to make your stay more memorable, please contact me directly at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com.

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the second time this past weekend. Our stay was a one night getaway booked at the last minute while grandma watched the kids :) This stay was flawless from beginning to end. Mark checked us in and made a special effort to get us a corner suite on a high floor. While he secured the room, Arianna was kind enough to get us last minute reservations at a restaurant I have always wanted to try (even during busy Dine Out Vancouver!). We were so impressed with their efforts and felt immediately at home! Our room was huge and modernly decorated with an amazing view. Even though it was a cold weekend, the pool was heated and we used the hot tub. It was so relaxing! We have eaten at the restaurant (Hidden) before, but didn't get a chance this time. We love it for a quick drink/appetizer before heading out on the town. I am SPG Platinum and I stay at many hotels and resorts and this property is outstanding! We will be back!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear cwynj,

Thank you for returning for your second visit! I'm so pleased your couples' getaway was such a success. We look forward to many more visits!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! New, very comfortable and stylish rooms. The hotel is still quite new and is beautifully decorated. Location is perfect to access most sights, shops and activities. And the staff are personable, professional and responsive. Will definitely be returning.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ScVan
Thank you for staying with us ScVan! It's an honour to be considered your favourite hotel in Vancouver!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed here earlier this month. It is a nice clean hotel and we loved the separate living room and bedroom. Spacious bathroom with rainshower. It was convenient to have the kitchenette feature. The location on Robson is great and in walking distance to shops and restaurants. Grocery and wine stores nearby were a nice bonus!

Only complaint was the supposed Queen size beds which felt more like Full size. We asked to switch to a room with a King bed a few days into our stay and because we were staying on points, the staff charged us a little extra for the "upgrade." What was irritating was that the hotel was virtually empty so it felt they were trying to squeeze out any last dollar they could from anyone.

If I am ever back in Vancouver I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear jl0ve,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see our convenient location enhanced your stay with us. We value your business, and I don't want you to feel taken advantage of due to the upgrade fee applied during your stay. We keep our pricing structure in place as consistently as possible in order to provide fair value to all of our guests. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vancouver!

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I travel often for work and pleasure. I stayed at the Westin Grand for 3 nights while I worked at the Boat Show. The check in staff was friendly, efficient and could not do enough for me. I wanted to change to a room on a higher floor and it was absolutely no probem. The valet parking staff was very polite and accomodating, always greeting me when I arrived back to the hotel. The location is excellent, a quick walk to the stadium and lots of great restaurants near by. I used the IGA grocery store around the corner and cooked my breakfast in to save a bit of money. Starbucks and waves coffee within a block. I was out with friends at night and felt very safe. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear bckid,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time in Vancouver and were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We hope to see you again soon!

Visalia, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

The internet is in bad need of upgrading the speed. Mr device would constantly stop recognizing it because it was too slow, then I would switch over into roaming data because I don't have a Canadian phone.

Secondly, there is a weight machine in the gym that is missing several attachments, thereby precluding the chance to do a full body workout.

The service at the restaurant was very lacking and we waited for service throughout the meal.

I've stayed at several Westins across the US and Canada; I know they can do better.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dea sa_scully,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I must offer my sincere apologies. It appears we did not put our best foot forward during your visit. I assure you that your experience does not reflect our usual offering. I hope you'll give us another chance, and on your next visit please contact me directly at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com so I can personally assist you with your stay.

St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wonderful rooms, great location, excellent service. Lisa the concierge was so helpful (she had great recommendations)! The entire Westin staff at this hotel were amazing, every staff member made you feel welcome. Totally enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us Nadine! It's always our pleasure to ensure our guests feel welcomed and well cared for. We hope to see you again soon!