“A great hotel”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #29 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My adult daughter and I stayed at the Westin Grand Vancouver for a week from Christmas Day. We had a one bedroom suite with a sofa bed in the lounge. We chose this property for its location, the fact there was a separate bedroom and a kitchenette. All of these factors were terrific. The kitchenette was really useful and saved us traipsing around in the cold looking for restaurants in the evening. There is an excellent grocery store next door which has prepared meals, salads, bakery items etc. - so handy. The hotel is close to the Granville train station, close enough to walk to Canada Place for the ferries and located on a great shopping street! I found the concierges to be wonderful. As it was our first visit to Vancouver we needed help to learn our way around and they were very patient. They always acknowledged us when we came or went from the hotel. The only downfall with this hotel for us was the constantly barking dog in the room next door to ours. Luckily the rooms are pretty soundproof (the white noise from the heating in the room also helps) but each time we were in the hallway we could hear the constant barking of the dog. I would definitely stay at this hotel if we visit Vancouver again. You cannot bet the location or the kitchenette!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear youmeandher,

Thank you for celebrating your holidays with us! We hope to have you and your daughter visit us again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed on our first visit to Canada
Great staff with friendly service.
Room was exceptional.
In house restaurant was great for breakfast and dinner due to the waiter service and the great quality food at a good price.
There was Gay Pride event on at the pool, it was well managed and did not impact on our stay.
Vancouver is a beautiful city and staying at this hotel matches all the very grand aspects that Vancouver has to offer

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Leeann,

We're honoured to have been part of your very first trip to Canada! Thank you for sharing your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had to make a quick business trip and made a last minute reservation at the Westin. Never stayed there before but that will change. Everything was seamless and that really counts for me. The checkin and chckout went great. My room met or exceeded my needs. Staff was just great. So, bottom line is I'll return.

Room Tip: This place rocks for business travelers. I'll even try it for a quick weekend getaway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

It was a pleasure to welcome you for your first stay Travelor2141! We look forward to many more.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay here and it was just as enjoyable as the first. Our room was upgraded upon check-in due to being platinum spg guests. Our suite was spacious, had amazing views and a cute little balcony.

Service is friendly and accommodating, and the property is in a fantastic location- within walking distance to several restaurants and very close to the Pacific Center mall.

See you next year!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChiTownTraveler27

Thanks for the comments Bigmamahan27! Until next year!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

A truly exceptional stay for my family and I made all the better by the exceptional staff here. Jesse in the one and only restaurant in the hotel was fantastic. My daughter sneezed and there suddenly appeared a box of tissues by her side. While waiting for our breakfast, he brought over a basket of pastries and offered them to us. I must also mention Lisa on concierge. I called her before we left Australia for restaurant advice among other things and she couldnt be more helpful. Knowing my husband is lactose intolerant, she even organised for the chef to bake a lactose free cake for his birthday-and organised wine and other treats too. She was truly outstanding. The hotel rooms were very comfortable, a great size and very clean. All other staff at this hotel were fantastic. We would definitely go back to this Westin when we go back to Vancouver.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank holidaybabe69

Dear holidaybabe69,

We're delighted to have welcomed you all the way from Australia! Thank you for taking the time to recognize Jesse and Lisa, they are certainly stars on our team. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I came up from Seattle for two nights for a getaway after the holidays to celebrate our anniversary. We own a bakery in Seattle and we don't get away often, so this trip was very special to us. The hotel suite was wonderful - clean, comfortable; a great setting for relaxation and enjoying the downtown views. We slept beautifully both nights without interruption in our Heavenly Bed (even on New Years Eve!), The suite setup was perfect for us, since we were planning to do some work for our business mixed with dining out and enjoying the Vancouver shopping scene. The staff were very friendly and helpful and everything about the place was great, except...the reason I give this place four stars instead of five is: why do you charge $14.99 per 24 hours for Wifi? I used to travel for business every week ten years ago and back then it was standard to charge for internet access. But now, everyone is constantly connected to the internet, and the internet is available for free pretty much everywhere (including my small bakery in Seattle). So WHY on earth is internet an add-on cost at a luxury hotel like yours? I realize the Westin is not alone among its peers in charging for internet access but I find it very perplexing and absurd. Internet access is not a privilege anymore, it's a necessary part of everyday life. Yes, we paid the $14.99 to get access to our room's wifi, but we did it very grudgingly, and I'm now using your Wifi to post this review. Please let me know when you make Wifi free- I will definitely be back when that happens!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed December 29, 2013

hotel is lovely and located in the heart of the city.
pool and weight room are wonderful.
The food at "hidden" is so good and not expensive
and service is the best, people that care all
around! good job everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thanks for your comments Steve! Our associates are truly what make us stand out, and I'm delighted to see they made a difference during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!