“Excellent Location, Spectacular View” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westin Grand Vancouver

Westin Grand Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Kent, Washington
“Excellent Location, Spectacular View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I checked into the Westin Grand Vancouver Hotel the last weekend in November for the Beyonce concert which was very close to the concert venue, Roger's Arena. Here are some points that I'd like to make from my recent stay:

LOCATION
My friends and I chose this hotel because it was literally 2 blocks away from Roger's Arena. If you are going to an event / show / sporting event at this Arena, this would be an excellent choice.

PARKING
Parking is a bit tricky because of the nature of the location—downtown. Space is really limited, so public street parking is a bit tricky. You can opt to get your parking valeted at the driveway which is a little bit more expensive than self parking. The parking garage is a bit tight, so be careful when driving down!

CHECK IN
Check in was a breeze. I was checking into 2 different rooms to accommodate my friends and I coming up to Vancouver for the Beyonce concert. Unfortunately, the front desk wasn't able to get both of our rooms next to each other, even on the same floor. That was a bummer.

HOTEL ROOM
We checked into the standard room with 2 double beds. The room was a very good size! There was a separate area that looked like a closet, but when opened it was a wet bar! It had a sink, many glassware and even a dishwasher! I thought that the outlet plug placements were a bit odd in the room. The bathroom was pretty big as well. The bathroom had a bath tub and a separate shower area. The toiletries of the Westin product are amongst my favorites—they smell so nice! The view from the hotel room was amazing. It showcased the many skyscrapers that downtown Vancouver had!

CHECKOUT
Checkout was great—since I arrived with several friends, the front desk clerk was able to receive the multiple payments. Super easy.

All in all the stay was very comfortable. I'd recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jerome B
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Jerome,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you were able to enjoy your concert getaway! We hope to see you again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I was only able to stay 1 night, but the Heavenly Bed cradled me to sleep. I awoke refreshed and the health club facilities were amazing too, love that lap pool. The location, the decor and the level of comfort all make you feel very much like you're at a Westin. But the staff at this hotel are the truly amazing asset! Caring, friendly and attentive. Keep up the good work.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank modefan
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear modefan,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review! We're delighted to have made such an impression on you, especially with the Westin Heavenly Bed! We hope to see you again soon!

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

There is not enough positives to add about this staff. They were accommodating, friendly, efficient and professional. The rooms were very nice with tasteful decorations. The views from the hotel were incredible. I look forward to another return to this excellent hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving us a 'perfect 5' review Sam! We truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was here on a two night stay as I had meetings in some of the government offices. First off, the staff is VERY attentive and wonderful. Perhaps it was just the timing of my stay - but regrettably the restaurant/bar was out of the some of the advertised items on the menu - both wines, a cocktail and some of the food items. The bartender/waiter was very pleasant about it - but it was a bit frustrating.

I had a small suite - and I think the kitchenette is one of the most clever amenities I have ever seen in a hotel. I also had a fantastic view and love the floor to ceiling windows. However, the room itself had very few electrical outlets - and the ones I could find were very inconvenient. Not having an outlet next to the bed to plug in my phone or ipad which I use as an alarm clock is frustrating. In addition, the room furnishings felt a little tired and could use some refreshing. I found the wifi to be very erratic in my room - but fine in the lobby and restaurant.

The health facility was also very nice - and while it was too cold when I was there to use the outdoor pool - it looked lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear DC_Traveler46,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, I'm so glad that our staff was able to take such good care of you. However, I apologize for the frustrations you had regarding the restaurant and the electrical outlets in your room. We are currently in the design process for a room refurbishment, and outlet availability and ease will certainly be a priority.

I certainly hope that next time you are in Vancouver you will return to the Westin Grand.

Tsawwassen, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We decided to try the Westin Grand instead of where we normally stay..... Westin is definitely in a convenient location and it is very easy to have a night downtown with minimal walking and/or cab fare.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was a tad on the small side and didnt not offer a king size bed. However, it did have an entire kitchenette (toaster, microwave,dishwasher,sink,small fridge, cutlery, coffee maker, cups) which most places do not have.
Also, there is a tim hortons mere steps away from thier ground floor entrance but if thats still too far you can order your tims via room service.

Speaking of room service, the hash browns were incredible! So was the customer service from EVERY staff member... 12pm check-out was nice since its usually 11.. Who wants to wake up and pack & be out by 11 on a Sunday??

Overall, it was good value and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank RK L
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear RK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Those hash browns are delicious, aren’t they? I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to our team.

Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our one-bedroom suite was perfection. From the moment we set foot on the property until the minute we left we felt pampered and could just unwind, relax and enjoy our weekday getaway. The staff were attentive to our every need.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bryce B, General Manager at Westin Grand Vancouver, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Debbie,

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next getaway to Vancouver!

Fort St. John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I didn't know what to expect but the Westin service was terrific right from the time we walked in to the time we ad to leave. The rooms were beautiful, roomy, very inviting the beds were very comfortable and the service was amazing. I will be back thank you for making me feel at home.

Room Tip: We loved the corner suit you can get a good feel for the city.