“My Favourite!”

Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, Canada
“My Favourite!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin Grand a few times and it is by far my favourite place to stay when visiting Vancouver. Everything you need is in walking distance! Shopping, great restaurantes and night life are a short stroll. Rooms are fantastic and clean with the ever so lovely Heavenly bed, best sleep ever! The pool, hot tub and sauna are great too, a good way to wind down after a long day of business meetings. Restaurant is fabulous for breakfast as well, great eggs benny. Staff is always friendly and more than accomodating. I recommend this hotel to anyone coming to town for business or just to see friends/family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bryce B, Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Jill,

Thanks for sharing your review! We appreciate your business and are glad to see you were able to enjoy so much of the city on your visit! We hope to see you again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have stayed at this terrific hotel many times and have never been disappointed.. This hotel has an excellent location in Vancouver. It is far enough away that you do not have the distraction of the street noise and the sirens at night but close enough that you can have a short walk to the very best of Vancouver. Another outstanding feature of this hotel is the INCREDIBLE staff. They are helpful, courteous and will address your every concern.. The restaurant is simply supurb.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the 30th or 31st floor. Superior view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TaylorMae,

Wow, thank you for leaving such great comments! I really appreciate the comments about our team. We are fortunate to have such engaged and committed associates. We hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Perfect spot near downtown and Yaletown. Staff is always very helpful. My one gripe is that they need more than two guest elevators for this sizer of hotel! Workout facility is more than sufficient for daily routines.

Dear TravelMick,

Thanks for staying with us! I can see that you're a seasoned traveller, so I'm glad our location and the service from our associates keep you coming back. Thanks as well for your patience with our elevators, I know the wait can be inconvenient at busy times. We hope to see you again soon!

whistler
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, the best location, close to bc place and rogers arena, loads of restaurants and shops.

Stayed for our anniversary and were treated beyond our expectations.

Thank you to all the amazing staff. Especially Lisa and Bryce!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Pugdogeddie,

Thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us! We're glad we could make it extra special. We hope to have you back for many more to come!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at the Westin Grand Vancouver. The location is great and the hotel is consistent with Westin properties: clean, well maintained, and overall friendly and helpful staff. Check in was probably the fastest and smoothest I have had in a long time. Our room was on the 30th floor; the views are amazing of the city. The kitchenette is quite nice and compact. One thing that I was impressed with was the tap water. They have eliminated the complimentary bottle "to be green" and I was a little worried about the price of the bottle they had for sale ($5 for a small one!). However, their note said that the water was purified, etc so I sampled some from the kitchen faucet. Clean tasting AND cold, just how I like it! I believe all the rooms are suites and ours was just lovely. We had small plates and drinks in the lobby restaurant and bar. Nice friendly waitstaff and pretty tasty bites. Again, the location is just plain great as it is located on Robson. Short walk to tons of restaurants, shops, and attractions.....super close to Rogers Arena to watch a Canucks game (if you are as lucky as we were to get tickets!). We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Of the rooms I saw (several friends stayed here at the same time), all were nice. Layouts vary, but...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Milly,

Thanks for your review! Glad you were able to make it to a Canucks game, it sounds like you captured the true Vancouver experience in your visit. We really appreciate your comments. Looking forward to having you back soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A lot of what is here is what I have come to expect from the Westin name; awesome bed, nice clean room, decent size etc... Where I think it fell short was service/staff. Its kind of wierd layout with the ground floor being bell desk and the check in being on the 2nd floor. The staffing when I arrived was 4 people on the ground floor who just seemed to be bored (two were playing some game) and then one person at check in where the agent seemed overwhelmed and check in process was far from smooth as she ended up helping two other people while trying to check me in. With great staff I could see this place being very good, maybe it was just an off day for them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Ronton37,

Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry that our service fell short of expectation and that you had to wait for your check-in at the front desk. We take the service of our guests as our highest priority and, as you can read on other reviews, is usually our strongest asset.

Again, my apologies for your less than stellar experience, I certainly hope that you will return to us in the future so that we may demonstrate to you the incredible service that we are known for.

here, now
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Quite an excellent five-day stay at the end of February. Location was ideal for me and my friend, both for the work we did during the day, and socialising in the evening. Only had a drink in the resto, so don't know about the food. The saltwater pool, whilst a wonderful change from a standard chlorinated pool, was pretty small. Though the dry sauna was an oasis. Staff was excellent, and the rooms were nicely sized and very comfy all 'round.

My friend's room, regrettably, had a slightly musty smell, though I didn't notice anything in mine. And one day my room had still not be housekeeped upon my return at 3:30pm, but that was very quickly remedied by the crew chief.

All around, an excellent stay with only a couple of complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank romaroamer
Bryce B, Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear romaroamer,

Thanks for sharing your comments! Our goal is to ensure our guests leave feeling better than when they first arrived, so we're very pleased you considered us "a lovely oasis." I'm glad to see our team was able to resolve the issues you experienced as well. Thank you for visiting us, we hope to welcome you back again soon!