“Exceptional property in a great location with excellent staff!”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Houston
“Exceptional property in a great location with excellent staff!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night and the suite was a good size. We were able to place our luggage in there well as we were headed out the next morning for a cruise. All staff were friendly and location was close to the port. Thanks Westin Grand Staff!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear TheShadow32,

Thank you for selecting us to be your hotel of choice before you went on a fantastic cruise! I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations with not only our location, but with our staff as well. We certainly hope it won't be too long until we can welcome you back again!

Bryce Beatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Hollywood, CA
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Had a very good stay at this property. My only comment is that the elevator service is not adequate for this size hotel, but what can you do. The room was great, staff, great, location great. Highly recommend......except the longer wait for the elevators.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KennyB123
Terrace, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great stay! Was on 30th floor which was great. Had to have your hotel key to get to your floor...so very secure! Kitchenette had a DISHWASHER!!! First time I've seen that! Tim Horton's next door, also a grocery store. Only negative for me was that there wasn't a shuttle directly to the hotel from the airport. I took the skytrain from the airport to a stop a couple blocks away from the hotel....then walked....got lost. Next time, I'd grab a taxi. I recommend this hotel.

PS....the in room coffee was CRAZY STRONG!!! I couldn't drink it and I LIKE strong coffee.

Room Tip: I'd like to get a corner room next time, although the executive suite was just great. Also, I p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tracy B
Kelowna
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I spent the weekend at the Westin Grand. I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and professional the staff were, and the quality and cleanliness of the room.

It is walking distance to all the downtown restaurants, a block or so to the busy Granville street night-life and a short walk to both the BC Place stadium (home of the BC Lions and many other shows) and Rogers Arena (home of the Vancouver Canucks and many concerts). There are two grocery stores within a half a block, plus unlimited number of restaurants (both fast food and sit-down). Other Vancouver sites and experiences are just a quick bus ride away.

The building is very nice and upscale. I was impressed by the speed in which I got my room and the front clerk was very friendly. I could sense that she enjoyed working there. I received a friendly smile from every employee that worked there.

The room had a fridge, microwave, dishwasher and utensils (I never used any of them) and a small living room with a hide-a-bed and large LCD TV. just off of the living room was a small hallway with the bedroom on one side and the bathroom on the other. The bathroom had a shower and separate bathtub. The shower was amazing with two shower-heads!

The bedroom had a cordless phone, large screen LCD TV and the most comfortable bed I have slept in on my trips to Vancouver. They include a body pillow for extra comfort.

Overall, a great place to stay and my new favourite hotel in Vancouver.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Trivia time...
Q: Why is the hotel called Westin Grand?
A: The hotel structure resembles a grand piano.

Everything we experienced at the hotel was very good from the concierge to the check-in desk. Elisabeth, who took care of our check-in was very friendly and even recommended her favorite place to eat in Vancouver after finding out that my husband and I are foodies. The entire hotel is made up of suites and since our smaller suite wasn't available after checking with the manager, we got upgraded to a corner deluxe suite with a balcony. The suite was clean and so was the bathroom. Our kitchenette came with a microwave, sink, dishwasher, silverware, and diningware.

Location wise, this hotel is located right on Robson St and at the same time away from the hustle and bustle that you will find towards Robson Square. IGA Marketplace is just next door if you need to get grocery supplies. H-Mart, an awesome Korean grocery store, is just a block away if you want to get anything from there. Vancouver's street food icon, Japadog, is just a half block away. You won't need to worry about being hungry and also retail shops are close by. It is just a stone's throw away from Yaletown which is good for nightlife. We walked everywhere in downtown (including Gastown, West End) to and from the hotel. It's right on the Robson St busline as well. If you want to get out of downtown and explore the cute neighborhoods of Kitsilano and South Granville, the bus line is just 2 blocks away and just a 15-min bus ride away.

The elevators were a little slow so that's one thing they could improve on.

Overall, solid Westin hotel and we have no qualms in staying there again on our next trip out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terinay
mitcfaw, Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Terinay,

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! It seems you really made the most of your visit to Vancouver and were able to see some of my personal favorite sights. Thank you for your comments about Elisabeth as well, I will be sure to share this with her. We look forward to seeing you on your next Vancouver visit!

Stay well,
Bryce Beatty
Hotel Manager
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night to attend a concert at the Center for Performing Arts, which is right next door. (we live just outside Vancouver)
Check in was quick, and the girls were super friendly. Our room had a small fridge, microwave, dishwasher and utensils. We used the fridge for our wine. The room itself had a small sitting room, and the bed was super comfortable.
We had a night-cap and dessert after the concert in the "Hidden" bar, it was good, but pricey, as most bars are in big hotels.
Parking is not cheap either, at $26.00cad a night.
The only downer was the two elevators for a rather large hotel. We were on the 12th floor, and had to wait about 5-10 minutes . I guess we could have walked down, but we weren't feeling that inclined.
Walikng distance to the major downtown venues, and some nice bars and restaurants in the area as well.
It was fun to vacation in the City, in which I grew up.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I booked a room at the Westin Grand to act as a home base for a bunch of ladies gathering for a good friend's bachelorette but also to house some guests that were from out of town. The hotel was really lovely and centrally located so it was easy to get out to the restaurants and lounges for the nightlife. The staff were very accommodating. We ordered delicious snacks off the in room dining menu to share while we got ready...the lobster poutine is to die for!

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite was very spacious!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends