Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
$195
Sandman Hotels
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$325
$288
$127
$319
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$238
  • Breakfast included
$413
Delta Hotels
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$225
$210
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$263
$209
Agoda.com
Fairmont Waterfront(Vancouver)
$553
$451
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Sands(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$286
$265
Orbitz.com
1,542 results
All reviewsstanley parkgreat locationdenman streetwest endenglish bay beachdrug storebit datedan older hotelfull kitchenbedroom suitesmall kitchenlots of restaurantsgranville islanddowntown vancouversea wallhigher floorsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2006

Normally travelling alone on business, in this instance, I travelled with my Wife and two children to Vancouver.

This hotel was, overall, excellent in terms of staff service, room and location- equating overall with excellent value for money.

First of all the service - our room was upgraded two levels on check-in when I asked for a rooom on a higher floor with a good view and wireless net access. So instead of a one bedroom suite, we were given a two bedroom corner suite with fabulous ocean and mountain views. Though the decor in the room is rather dated, it was huge (over 600 square feet) - and, with a family, space is better than a new desk in my view. There were many nice touches - staff remembered our children's names (Jenny in particular) and gave them toys on arrival. Nothing was too much trouble. Maids brought chocolates and water every evening - which was a nice touch.

The location was good, close to a main shopping and restuarant distict. A grocery store in the mall below will cater for your everyday food needs. The kitchen in the rooms have the necessitites. And the price was very good - I paid around $C135 for our suite per night.

Overall, the quality of the staff here was better than I have had in many more expensive and supposedly higher status hotels. The staff really are an asset to the company - and I am sure that with a family, you would be delighted with this great hotel.

The hotel is located about 10 minutes walk from Stanley Park and about 15 minutes walk from Downtown.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
18  Thank amc48c
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 5, 2006

If you can get a high floor suite facing the water then you won't be disappointed. Unless you are looking for an immaculate and refined looking room. I wasn't, and I loved it.

The rooms are big, but everything is old and a little shabby. A/C is close to non-existent. But for the price, if it ain't sweltering - it's a great deal.

• Stayed: August 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2006

On entering room was very impressed with the size and facilities- not sure about the summer months, as there was a free standing A/C unit. Rather dated , but clean.
The lobby and seating areas seemed to have been refurbished recently- new looking carpets etc. Outside there were plenty of eating places and small cafes, from different cultures. All in all quite pleasant.A few down and outs, but that happens in all cities.
The biggest shock came when we were in the long bar and grill having a drink, when a mouse ran across the floor. When asked by a waiter what all the fuss was about he replied "a mouse. we can't get rid of them" Needless to say the meal we had booked for New years Eve was cancelled and we went to the Boathouse.Whilst this did a very good steak, I cannot offer rave reviews about the cooking. A steak is a steak after all. Nice views over the harbour however.

• Stayed: December 2005
9  Thank maureenHartlepoolUk
Reviewed October 10, 2005

We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of September. The receptionist was very friendly, unlike the three hotels we had previously visited on our travels through the US! Due to the original room we requested being unavailable, we were upgraded to an executive suite which was enormous. Admittedly the rooms are a little dated, but very clean. There were balconies from both the lounge area and the bedroom and the views were absolutely stunning. Due to this, we chose to eat in the room for a couple of nights and although the food wasn't fantastic, it was reasonably priced. I can't say the same about breakfast unfortunately. The concierge were also very friendly and helpful. I didn't find the area to be at all intimidating, quite the opposite. However, I think if we hadn't had the upgrade to the executive suite, it may not have been such a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2005