Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
$330
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$277
$249
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$236
$453
$388
Agoda.com
1,542 results
All reviewsstanley parkgreat locationdenman streetwest endenglish bay beachdrug storebit datedan older hotelfull kitchenbedroom suitesmall kitchenlots of restaurantsgranville islanddowntown vancouversea wallhigher floorsitting area
Reviewed August 5, 2014

33rd floor facing Stanley Park and English Bay, what a view! Big suite, lots of storage, kitchen was large and useful and bathroom too small for this size of suite (counter-top storage only, 1 person at best). Pricey at about $350-$370/night (excl. taxes) - was their during first August weekend for English Bay Fireworks and Gay Pride with: parking not included ($25/day or 500 of their points/day - underground parking) and nor do you get a complimentary breakfast (even Best Western Plus provides this). A rip-off that way. Hotel has not really been modernized in the suites, old style furniture etc. A major annoyance is the elevator, all 4 of them, for a 35 story hotel, takes forever to get up and down. On check-in during the peak 3-4 PM time, they had only 2 staff for this, cheap if you ask me and, I have finalized home deals that take less time than their check-in procedure. Their room service/cleaning people are excellent. What this hotel banks on is its location and views which is/are SUPERB (e.g., small mall downstairs with pharmacy, grocery store etc. with easy access from hotel). I usually stay at the Sandman on Davie Street, much cheaper with similar views, room sizes, kitchens etc. and more people at peak check-in (faster elevators, 4 of them, since only a 20 story hotel), just farther away from English Bay but still well located. Would I stay again, probably but they will have to lower their price a lot more than this stay. If same price next year, I will book ahead at the Sandman instead (Ocean facing suite).

Room Tip: View: ask for a Stanley Park/English Bay facing suite, you will probably have to get a Premium or better suite for this.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for the fireworks. We wanted a room where we could watch the fireworks from the room. In order to get this we had to stay in a 2 bedroom suite that comes with a hefty regular price well above $400 a night. For that price one would expect a posh room right? Wrong! The room was run down with stains on the carpet and the entire decor was decades old including the tacky wallpaper, red couches and saloon style doors separating the kitchen from the living room! The air conditioning was supplied by cheap window units that barely worked. The only good things I can say about my stay was that the view was decent, the bed was comfortable and the staff were awesome! Oh yeah and they also charge $25/night for parking! Nobody tells you that until you arrive!

• Stayed: August 2014
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
1  Thank Sniperdan
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites is the most atrocious, disgusting hotel I have ever stepped foot in. From the dingy room decorated with ancient knick-knacks purchased literally in the 1960's to the carpets crusted with mysterious liquids, this hotel is absolutely awful. After driving 3 hours from Seattle, my family and I walked into our "room" to find uncleaned vomit all over the bathroom utilities. If that wasn't bad enough, we found out that there is no A/C in any of the rooms. Just a portable air conditioner installed before the Jurassic Era, no doubt. The power of the portable A/C was so astoundingly bad that I could cool off better by flapping a magazine in my face for thirty seconds. My husband and son pulled out the "hideabed" that they were planning on sleeping in, to find that the sheets had been unchanged from the last visitors stay, which must have included a beach visit, because it was covered in sand. On top of that, the blanket set included with the bed was made of burlap. Yes, the same material that they make potato sacks out of. Also, the WI-FI was literally the slowest rate that the hotel could have paid for. Honestly, I've had better experiences at Motel 6 than I had at this place. I will never again visit a Coast hotel and urge you to STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank declanwilliamson11
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The main reason for the high review rating is the very good location for access to Stanley Park, and English Bay. With the great atmosphere of Denman street, and all the restaurant and bar choices right around you, there is something for all. throw in a short walk to either Robson or Davie streets, and you have a perfect spot. Views from the balcony of our southwest facing room were good, English bay and sunsets! The beds here are truly great, with big thick pillow top mattresses that are just right for softness, topped with good quality beddings. Staff were very friendly and attentive to our needs. The pool was kind of busy when I went down, so I did not use it, but it looked well used, and not very inviting. The only negatives were still the slow elevators, one that stops 4 inches shy of it's destination, and the dirty looking hallway carpets. Our bacony railing was also rusted through a couple of it's braces to the deck, which was concerning. a major reno can't be far off, but what a gem location wise!

Room Tip: high up and west facing rooms for English Bay views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear captainronanejo69:

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our good location. It is very wonderful to have such nice neighbors like English Bay and Stanley Park. Denman Street affords guests the opportunity to enjoy many different Japanese, Vietnamese, Middle Eastern, Korean or Italian restaurants within 1 block of the hotel. Thank you for stopping by our pool and I was disappointed to read that you were not able to enjoy because it was too busy. I was very concerned to hear about the elevator that stopped 4 inches shy of the destination and rusted railing on your balcony. If you could email me directly at b.rohl@coasthotels.com to let me know what elevator it was and the room you were in, I will address these concerns immediately. Thank you again for your review. I am very glad to read that you enjoy our great beds, good location and friendly staff.

Best Regards,

Brian Rohl
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The Plaza has been our home in Vancouver for the last 20 years. the building is little bit dated and elevators a bit slow, but they get the best location, close to beach, restaurants (especially my favorite Falafel King, their Chicken Shawarma are the best), and Stanely park and they get the best staff, especially Vince, front desk manager, he's very helpful, always smiling, and will go out of his way to help his guests, and Randy at the concierge desk is very knowledgable about the city and area. The Suites are excellent for families, as you get a full kitchen, and the balconies are large and excellent for viewing the Fire Works on English Bay. The hotel is attached to the Denman Mall with a grocery store and Dollarma in case you needed anything and a 7-11 across the Street. They also attached to Denman Gym which is excellent.
Thanks Vince and Randy for making our stays for the last 20 years PERFECT.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family