“Excellent Hotel In Great And Quiet Location”

Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Superb 35 story hotel on a residential street a short walk from everything. Friendly and efficient staff who checked us in at 9:30AM. Great view of Stanley Park and waterfront. Very quiet. Large room with plenty of closet space. Easy parking. Would certainly go back.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mohican33

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

All I can say is wow! As soon as we arrived there (early) the front desk had no issues getting us into our rooms early even though we were just going to put our luggage in storage until check in time! The front desk service was so nice and friendly and accommodating. Our rooms were clean and even though are older, they are large and the view was awesome! We had ocean view so it was relaxing and its so nice to have sliding doors out to a patio. I love the fact that we had 2 sinks...one in the bathroom and them another outside of the bathroom. It was a huge time saver for a husband and wife to be able to have separate spaces to get ready. Also lots of closet spaces and a bonus that there was a fridge in room. The location was the best for walking distance to great restaurants and also close to shopping districts as well. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alex W
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was our first trip to Vancouver (and Canada in general). I picked this hotel because of the value and location, and the hotel didn't disappoint! I didn't realize how big the room would be. It was like a small one bedroom apartment...with a small separate living room and kitchen! I guess the decor was a little dated but that wasn't really a big deal. The view was great. We were on the 30th floor and could see trees in Stanley Park and the huge ships in the bay. We didn't try the hotel's gym or restaurants so this review is only on the room.

It's about a 5-10 minute walking distance to Stanley Park. Also, there are a variety of nearby restaurants. The hotel is a little far from downtown for a walk, but the walk to downtown on Robson St. is nice.

Make sure that if you bring a car to put the car permit that they give you at check-in on your dashboard because someone does go around the garage to ticket vehicles. We forgot to put the permit on our dash and got a $60 ticket (hotel took care of it).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel was clean, very comfortable beds, helpful and friendly staff and an amazing location. Great value! I will stay here again for sure! I arrived a few hours earlier than posted check in time and was able to get a room as soon as I arrived - such a treat!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels
Reviewed April 14, 2014

In short, if nothing goes wrong your stay is average. BUT, If anything happens they don't care!
We got our 2500$ bike stollen from the hotel's cage and they did not care and did not do anything about it. The manager had a terrible attitude and tone!
I would never recommend or return to this hotel where I am not respected as a guest!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 9, 2014

From the outside the Coast Plaza looks like an older hotel so my expectations we lowered. When I arrived the parking was conveniently located below the hotel and the front desk stay set me up with a room on the upper floors. To start the view was awesome and I even had a couple of pet pigeons on the deck. The room was really comfortable and the staff made sure the room was above and beyond as they brought water and ice into the room and set the lights at a pleasing level. The bathroom was well equipped with big bottles of shampoo to use and little ones to take home. The hotel restaurant made a great steak my first night and room service from the restaurant was so fast and delicious again on my second night. I thoroughly enjoyed by stay, I look forward to another visit in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear JeannieSmallTown:

Thank you for your recent review. It was a pleasure to read that you would visit again in the future ana thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to enjoy a meal in the restaurant TWICE. It is a hidden gem in the West End. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Regards,

Brian Rohl
Director of Operations

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My sons and I enjoyed a four night stay and were treated to excellent service and an incredible property over-looking English Bay in Vancouver. Thanks to Vince and his fine team who made our stay memorable by checking in with us each day. Looking forward to our next stay. Great convenient location, bring your walking shoes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking English Bay
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family