“Good service”

Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Needed to book a room quickly and this hotel is used for other business through work, was done quickly over phone. Prompt check-in and love the Express Check-Out the next morning. Close to West Van. where my meeting was held. Would recommend this hotel as they will fix any problem quickly and will help in any way they can with efficiency.

Room Tip: Had a queen bed that was in a room with kitchenette and living room area. Very quaint and loved the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel has a good location close to Stanley Park, English Bay, restaurants along Denman St. Bus #5 goes to centre around Vancouver Art Gallery. Some rooms have excellent views. Brasserie ok for breakfast if the choice is limited and lacking adventure to wake you up. Newspapers, good service. Excellent fitness centre.
If you are allergic to beige don't stay here. It's beige everywhere from the lobby to the rooms. rooms are clean but outdated although spacious and quiet. Day I arrived lobby smelled of soy milk cooking and on the floor of my room spicy food was wafting through ventilation system. That didn't last fortunately.
Good for conventions but I wouldn't stay here on my own as I don't like large former apartment building-hotels and I hate beige.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear YYZTraveler2010:

Thank you for your recent review. I appreciate you balancing some of the comments about our shortcomings with acknowledgements of our good location and service and excellent views and fitness centre. As a senior contributor on TripAdvisor, I personally value your comments and effort greatly. If there are any more specific suggestions you could offer me for improvement, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at b.rohl@coasthotels.com. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel is near the downtown, Stanley Park and sky train. Be sure to get a room with ocean view. It is well worth it if you can spend time in your room during the day. Restaurant is excellent as is room service. The staff are helpful if you specify your needs, e.g. Quiet. There are many nearby restaurants and the value is good.

Room Tip: Sea view suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Goliath5858:

Thank you for your recent review. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our excellent location with easy access to downtown, Stanley Park and sky train. It is great that you enjoyed value at our property and enjoyed some excellent dining at our restaurant and through room service . We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best Personal Regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Our suite was located by the elevator shaft, not conducive to a good sleep. When I mentioned this (did not officially complain) to the front desk we were almost instantly upgraded to another suite, without extra expense to me. The suite was huge, with an amazing view. Yes the hotel could use some upgrading but it was clean and central to everything.

Room Tip: away from the elevators
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We enjoyed the location near English Bay and Stanley Park. Denman street is newsy with a variety of small restaurants and shops. The hotel staff are very respectful and friendly. The hotel is not fancy but the rooms are generous in size and comfortable. Parking under the hotel is convenient although Comox street has been made one-way and you need to go up Nelson turn right onto Bidwell then right again onto Comox to get to the hotel. Some rooms are suites and the hotel has a grocery store in the mall underneath for those who prefer to prepare their own breakfast or lunch. We enjoyed the walks from the hotel to the sea wall around Stanley Park and also up False Creek to take the little harbour ferry to Granville Island.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Thomas9102:

Thank you for your recent review. I am thrilled that you are great Wet End location and so glad to read that you found our staff respectful and friendly. Thank you for mentioning the generous size of our rooms, I am glad you were comfortable. It sounds like you had a great time exploring the area by foot and ferry. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Personal Regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

In Vancouver for a conference and stayed at this hotel which for me captured the essence of hospitality: quiet, friendly, efficient service that always seemed to anticipate my needs - and great catering. My room had a lovely view of English Bay. I couldn't be more satisfied. PJD

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This hotel was a nightmare-the best thing about it was the location. The room was disgusting-there was a tiny little kitchenette style thing that looked like it was from the 70's. I saw a couple of very disturbing looking bugs int here. Only good thing was that it had a small, clean fridge and the location is good for the west end. Wouldn't stay there again though-would rather stay a little further away and get a much better hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Alyssa B:

I was very troubled to read that your had a terrible experience at our hotel. It is very important for me to ensure that a guest has an enjoyable experience and I am very disappointed to learn of your troubles. If you could reach out to me directly at b.rohl@coasthotels.com to tell me your room number, I will have the problems have addressed eliminated immediately.

Regards,