“Comfortable, great location”

Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The room was comfortable, water view of English Bay. Convenient location to small shops and restaurants. Hotel staff is very helpful and friendly, room service was really quick and hot food every morning!

Room Tip: Rooms with a water view are stunning, pay the extra
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear sunkissedmickey:

Thank you for your recent review. I was so happy to read that your room was comfortable, were pleased with our room service and enjoyed a stunning view of English Bay. I am also glad you enjoyed our convenient location to the West End shops and restaurants. Thank you for your nice comments about our ambassadors. I hope we can be your host again soon.

Regards,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,539)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel room has very very old furniture and carpet. The room and bathroom smells bad to the extend that we decided to change hotel last minute. I would never recommend the hotel to any of my friend in future.

Location was fine.

Room Tip: Avoid this old hotel as much as you can.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Andrew S:

Thank you for your recent review. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our hotel. Areas of the hotel could be upgraded, but I am confident that we are able to provide rooms that are comfortable and functional. We have an amazing team of loyal and professional ambassadors that I hope compensate for any deficiencies. I would be curious to learn the room number you stayed in to properly follow up on smell in the bathroom. Please reach out to me directly by email at b.rohl@coasthotels.com.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were only booked in for one night at this spacious hotel. After experiencing the friendly staff, the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in and the incredible views, we booked in for another 2 nights.
Unbelievably convenient location, and very very spacious and extremely clean rooms - I would highly recommend staying here.
I read some of the other reviews and was amazed that anyone could have something negative to say - if there is a problem with your room (which there shouldn't be) just ask reception, they are more than helpful and will make sure you have a enjoyable experience.
Definitely stay here!

Stayed: November 2013
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear MARKandSARAH222:

Thank you for your recent review. I was so glad that you were able to enjoy “a piece of heaven” at the Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites because of our very spacious and clean rooms and unbelievably convenient location. I am glad you enjoyed it so much that you extended your stay. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a great place to stay to enjoy Stanley Park, the Westend neighbourhood and Robson Street.

We found the rooms to be spacious, but with an old fashioned decor and very outdated kitchens and bathrooms.

We didn't go in to the restaurant, there are so many great places to eat within walking distance.

We were disappointed to find that there were only two teabags, two coffee sachets and only two tiny sachets of sugar.

My son slept on the sofa bed, but there was only one blanket available for him.

Definitely no signs of luxury in this hotel!

Room Tip: I believe that the rooms higher up in the hotel have had more renovations, but not sure about that.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FionaJW

Dear FionaJW:

Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our fabulous West End location and spacious guest rooms. I hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here as a part of a conference. The location was very nice but I had to move out of my first room after the first night due to many issues.

My kitchenette came with only one plate and two bowls, no dish clothes or towels. I was told that I could request them. I would think that if I pay a premium for a kitchenette, it should come fully loaded with the necessities. When I opened the closet door in the bedroom, the door fell off the hinges in a cloud of dust. The fridge was in need of cleaning, I didn't feel comfortable putting my food in there. There was an old coffee mug of dirty cigarette butts left out on the balcony. The bathroom floor was dirty and had something really odd on it that I needed to clean up myself. I felt the need to wear my slippers or shoes the entire time as the old carpet design is such that it hides dirt really well.

When I first entered the room, none of the light switches turned on the lamps so I had to enter the dark room and search for the lamps myself. The thermostat didn't work the first couple of times so we didn't get heat until later in the night after I played with it a bit. After the first night I changed rooms and upgraded to an ocean view room at a major cost to myself. The new room was better but if it weren't for the fact that we were attending a conference and it was very convenient to be on location, I would have moved elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear C V:

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed our great location and were easily able to access the conference you were attending. I was disappointed to read about the condition of your first room, so if you could reach out to me via email at b.rohl@coasthotels.com to let me know what room you were in, I would appreciate it.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having stayed in many hotels before, I thought I knew what to expect. This stay far exceeded my expectations. The location was excellent - close to English Bay,the water taxi to Granville Island, Stanley Park and delightful Denman street shops & ethnic restaurants. Lovely neighbourhood. The room was spacious with large, bright windows offering an incredible view, and a balcony! The beds were deliciously comfortable, and the bathroom had more than a tiny bottle of shampoo & conditioner. There were large bottles on the counter - never seen that before. The staff was efficient, professional & very friendly. Pet friendly too! I'll stay here again knowing I can expect the best.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear olivian48:

Thank you for your recent review. I was so happy to read that your stay far exceeded your expectations. I am so glad that our ambassadors impressed you with efficient, professional and friendly service. You are right that our fabulous West End location is excellent. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I thought this would of been a good location and it was. First of all this place is run down and out of date. The restaurant down stairs has mice running around and my room had bed bugs. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: One without bed bugs
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Ablepest:

Thank you for your review. I was extremely troubled to read your review. I want to let you know that I take your statements very seriously and would ask for you to reach out with a room number directly to b.rohl@coasthotels.com with a room number so that I can have the room investigated properly by a pest control expert.