“Very comfortable place”

Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Very good downtown location. Few minutes walk to English bay beach,very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are comfortable. The tiny kitchen with cutlery was a plus, just miss not having fridge. There is a small shopping mall in the basement of the hotel with the drugstore, no frill grocery store and few other small stores which we found very convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel for leisure or business . Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Love the little kitchen in our suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Trump369:

Thank you for your recent review. I was thrilled to see that you found our hotel a “very comfortable place”. Our rooms and suites with kitchen are very handy and the proximity of the mall on street level is favored by many guests. I am glad you enjoyed our very friendly and helpful staff too. I hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was "upgraded" to a one bedroom suite. This place is kind of a dump. Doesn't look like it has been upgraded since 1989. Fortunately I am only staying one night. Unfortunately for Coast Hotels, if this is what their brand is all about, it's my first and last stay at one.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank drgmobile
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear drgmobile:

Thank you for your recent review. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our hotel. I definitely appreciate your comments about the hotel needing an upgrade, but would like to share that we try our very best to provide a room that is comfortable and functional. We also hope that our exceptional service levels can compensate for these deficiencies. In regards to Coast Hotels in general, yes – the Coast Plaza is one of the older properties in the chain and not reflective of the entire brand.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel could do with a up grade and a cosmetic overhaul.But if you are wanting to stay in a central location of Vancouver which is relatively quiet then this hotel is perfect.
The rooms are large and clean and comfortable

Dear 4350ellenr:

Thank you for your recent review. I was glad to read that you enjoyed our great quiet and centrally located hotel. I am also glad that you saw great value and enjoyed our large, clean and comfortable rooms. If Vancouver is able to welcome you back again in the future, I hope we could be your hosts again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with this hotel. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The WiFi connection was unfortunately a bit erratic though. The bathroom was bigger than most with plenty of room for toileteries. The only thing was that the sink was nearly blocked and the bath leaked. We reported this to the concierge and he told someone straight away. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was just fine. The evening meal at the Brasserie was disappointing though.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Comments-JBB:

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your “spacious, clean and comfortable” room at the Coast Plaza. I am also glad you enjoyed our large bathrooms and were able to have an enjoyable continental breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite on the 33rd floor don't know why but hey whose going to complain. Excellent room big Jacuzzi over looking the city clean,tidy well presented. Staff friendly, helpful even had a complimentary breakfast. Superb position for exploring Vancouver one of the best cities we have visited and we have seen a few. Can't think of anything to complain about except maybe parking charges which at $25 a day if you are there for a week or so would work out expensive. If we ever visit Vancouver again which is a distinct possibility then would not hesitate to stop at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a room high up to enjoy views of city.

Dear Newinn:

Thank you for your recent review. It always brings great joy for me to hear that a surprise upgrade is appreciated. It also great that you were able to enjoy our excellent West End location. Definitely a treasure for all of our guests. I am so glad that you would not hesitate to come back again. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good location. Big and spacious room with a balcony, small kitchen, and sofa sitting area. Really run down and aged. One of the worst bathrooms I've been in ever in a hotel, not acceptable. This is a 2 star hotel and even at a hotwire price of $120+ tax ($150 total) is not very good value. The only saving grace is the great location near stanley park.

Dear Joda35:

Thank you for your recent review. I was disappointed to read that you did not find value in your stay with us. Thankfully you were able to recognize our excellent location and spacious guestrooms.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I liked the location, staff and layout of the room, but the facilities need to be maintained. The carpet is very old, dirty looking and desperately needs to be replaced. There is plenty to do within walking distance whether you are on business or pleasure. The room was quiet and if it wasn't for the state of the carpet, lack of properly made bed when linens were requested to be changed and dirt on the bathroom floor which was there prior to and after I checked out, I would have rated very good. I would give up the location and stay in a cleaner facility next time.

Room Tip: The elevator is slow, so you may not want to stay on a higher floor. It is an older buiding.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lyleth:

Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you were “liked the location, staff and layout of the room” and our fabulous West End location. I was disappointed to read about the condition of your room, so if you could reach out to me via email at b.rohl@coasthotels.com to let me know what room you were in, I would appreciate it.