“Recommended”

Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #48 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Older hotel but well kept and clean. Location is outstanding with views of the park and mountains (from our room). Large rooms with a less compressed layout than most places. Lots of closet space! Our family stayed here for a week and used the kitchen regularly.
Staff was very helpful and unlike many places these days, actually interested in providing service!
Great value for the location. Got bus passes across the street and an easy ride to downtown when it was raining.
Close to seawall & Stanley Park.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Pradeep P, General Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear 968Tim,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, the amenities and the views. Our close proximity to everything is surely an advantage. We get many many comments about our staff and all of us really care about the service. We want to make sure you enjoy the stay and be comfortable. We look forward to see you again the near future,

Reviewed January 25, 2013

True, the hotel is rather dated, but the corner suite I was given was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff is courteous and helpful. Close to Stanley Park and English Bay, and convenient to the excellent Vancouver transit system. The convenient grocery store was a plus. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Pradeep P, General Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Lori299,
Thank you very much for your comments. We agree with you that despite being dated, we offer incredible value to guests with great service and location which is near to all amenties. Appreciate your comments about our staff being courteous and helpful. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pros: Great location near Robson and Davie streets, Stanley Park and an easy hop on transit, great view from our balcony
Cons: Out of date rooms, the bed was not very comfortable with the thinnest pillows I've seen, the heater in our room was either too hot or not working at all
There is a small fridge in the room and a Safeway grocery store right around the corner if you are looking to save money and keep food in the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pradeep P, General Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear jennfred,
Thanks for your feedback and comments. You are right about our pillows. Unfortunately the quality of pillows is not what we had wanted so we are in the process of changing all our pillows. I am surprised to hear about our beds. Normally we get great comments about our beds as you can read on this site. We also have a grocery store in the mall below our hotel besides the grocery store you mentioned. We are an old hotel and we try to make up for it by excellent service and I hope you had an opportunity to experience that.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Coast Plaza Hotel is a solid 3 1/2 star hotel that is good value for the money spent.

I enjoyed a comfortable 3 night stay at this hotel over the new year period. Check-in service was very efficient and front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room (suite) that I had was very spacious, offering good views of the city, and was clean and tidy.

While the location is a 10-15 minute walking distance from the downtown core, being right by English Bay it is a good location in terms of accessing Stanley Park, and is also very close to Davie Village.

I would say that the main drawback is in the presentation. The hotel could use a little makeover to refresh the rooms and the foyer and, perhaps more pointedly, the dining area/restaurant.

The maid service being a little too "eager" for my liking, a 9am doorknock every morning was in my opinion a little overkill (especially on New Year's Day).

For those who are looking for good quality 3 1/2 star accommodation that is reasonably priced, reasonably located and well-serviced, I would indeed recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mikey66e

Dear mikey66e,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad you had a great stay for 3 nights enjoying the location and the views. I apologize about the knock on your door at 9am on New's Year's Day. I agree that is too eager. But I must admit our staff is just too eager to please and make sure guests have a great stay. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here for three night in September 2012.

We were very pleased with all aspects of our stay. Spacious bedroom with the most comfortable beds we have EVER slept on....I actually jokingly asked reception could they arrange for the beds to be sent onto our Hotel in Banff...it was like sleeping on a cloud.....not that I have actually ever slept on a cloud, but I imagine it would be much the same!

We had a small kitchenette which meant on one evening we ate "at home". There is a handy supermarket close by and numerous restaurants in walking distance.

Complimentary breakfast was a bonus as was the hotel shuttle transport into town.

We would definitely stay here again should we ever return to Vancouver

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pradeep P, General Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Milli333,

It was delightful to read your comments about our hotel and services. I am glad you loved the beds too. I like your quote comparing our beds to sleeping on a cloud. Nice. We look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have been coming to this Vancouver hotel from Bowen island for over 10 years, and hope to keep coming back. Last weekend the staff were tremendous in responding promptly and effectively to a concern that came up. We were commenting how nice it is to see the same people working there each time - it makes it feel like home (with video on demand and room service of course!).

Room Tip: The suites are enormous!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Pradeep P, General Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Vikk1,
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel and services. We are privileged and honoured to be considered your home away from home for more than 10 years. We hope we will be your home away from home for many more years to come. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've stayed at a few Coast hotels and have always been happy and comfortable but I have to say my recent stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel in downtown Vancouver was my worst experience yet. I found the room very dated and did not have a comfortable feeling. after noticing a few long black hairs on the night stand and the bathroom floor I was kind of grossed out. It was late New Years Eve so we decided not to complain at the time, we just wanted to get some sleep. The following morning to my disgust we noticed a couple more black hairs in the bed where we just slept and while taking a shower I pulled the chain with the plug on it out of the way of the drain and there was a big mass of black hair hanging off of it! Now, I am willing to bet the guests who stayed in the room before us, one of them probably had long black hair. It really makes me wonder how much filth we were staying in cause obviously the rooms are not being cleaned properly, if at all. I think that for the amount of money we paid I would expect a very clean, well kept room. I do not recommend staying in this hotel if you are at all concerned about cleanliness. for a few dollars more we should have stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel that I know is modern and clean yet it is rated only half a star more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim F

Dear Kim F,

We are extremely sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel. There is no excuse any one of us can make. It must have just slipped through the cracks somehow. We will revisit our procedures to make sure this does not happen again. As you can read other comments on this site, our staff does a great job in making sure hotel presents itself well even though we are an older property. We get great comments on many aspects of our staff and services. My apologies again.