“Beautiful and Comfortable”

Riviera on Robson Suites Hotel Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #46 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I was very pleased with the quality of the room and the polite staff. I arrived for my stay while their elevator was out of service, and had booked a room on the 7th floor. Upon checking in, they informed me that there was a room on the 4th floor that they would gladly trade for me, making it less hassle for me to get to my room. I would definitely stay there again the next time I am in Vancouver visiting, and will recommend it in the future.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a pool or fitness centre....at lease i was unaware
There are newer reviews for Riviera on Robson Suites Hotel Downtown Vancouver

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We booked our room through Flight Network and unfortunately, we were not advised that the elevator was out of service until we checked in. Having to carry all our bags and baby gear up 8 flights of stairs sucked, but for the $60 we paid for the King suite with kitchen, I can't really complain. Yes the furnishings are a bit outdated, but that didn't bother us. Everything was clean, and the room was comfortable. Staff was exceptionally friendly, and apologetic for the renovations but informed us that the hotel is being re-vamped and new furniture has been ordered for the rooms. I'm excited to see the improvements and would go back in the future...

Reviewed April 11, 2014

After staying one night here I was hooked! I extened my stay at the
Riviera for another 2 nights, which then turned to another 2 nights! This place is fantastic, the rooms are huge, and really feel like a "home away from home". The staff is very friendly and acomadating, and helped me get a great deal on my stay. The staff was very knoledgable about the local atractions and best places to eat. Overall I would give the Riviera on Robson 5 stars and will definitly be coming back anytime I'm in Vancover.

• Stayed: April 2014
Thank Mike.u4c
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Booked hotel with out knowing elevator was broken. Nothing like packing suit cases up FIVE floors.
Instead of renovating, they painted countertops and sinks.
Every thing about this place reeks of old.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful, as well as apologetic regarding the renovations taking place at the time of our stay. Though the construction/maintenance workers began their rather loud work right outside our door at the ripe hour of 7:00 am (slightly unreasonable, haha), the hotel concierge was very sympathetic and thankful for our patience and understanding.
Room (penthouse suite) was very clean and comfortable, would have been a perfect sleep had the renovations not begun so terribly early in the morning.
Again, staff was wonderful!

Room Tip: Rooms on the southwest corner offer great sunset views.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I really enjoyed our stay at riviera hotel.
I really liked the little kitchen we had in our room. We have been able to make our own breakfast and lunch.

A problem was the noise. Our room was on the first floor and the noise from the street and the staircase was really loud. It sounded like the people are standing in front of our door and talking really loud but they just walked up or down the stairs.

Except for that we had a great stay at riviera hotel vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed in Vancouver for three days, at the Riviera. Due to renovations, the hotel elevator was out of service. Despite the 166 steps to the penthouse, it was well worth the journey to the top. The adjoining rooms had a lot of space, full kitchen, and an incredible view of the city on the rooftop patios. The staff was friendly, and the prices were fantastic! It was a great location for restaurants, shopping, Stanley Park, the beacj, or to take the train to see what other parts of Vancouver has to offer! Thanks! :)

Room Tip: Do the PENTHOUSE (11th floor)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends