“Wonderful experience!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Whitehorse, Canada
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We were staying at another hotel just down the street and having a lousy time. Eating at O'Doul's one night, the wait staff suggested we move to the Listel and could get us the same rate. I went and looked at the rooms they had available, and moved the next day. Saved our holiday big time. I was truly impressed with all the staff from the front desk to the restaurant were we eat on numerous occasions. They truly treat you like family. We also got a welcome gift on arrive, and were called by name each time we came in or went out. As for the art work, my husband is an artist and we loved the paintings. The wine reception was also wonderful.

Great place, great staff, will stay there again!! Thanks, guys!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Stayed two nights recently and had a nice time. Everyone at the Hotel was polite and attentive. The car valets were also very helpful and cheerful. We had lunch at the restaurant which was also pretty good. A little pricey but, good.

Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Parking is $26.00 a night if you're driving there. Hotel room was spacious and clean. We were on the second floor on the back side of the hotel so we had to listen to the trash trucks doing the rounds early in the morning. Other than that, it was still quiet. I guess the cheapest rooms are on the lower floors. Overall, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed during/for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics! Man oh man what an experience.. One hell of an experience not to forget! I was nearly depressed to come Back home to Toronto! I loved the city, the culture, some of the unique restaurants & the very fine west coast chilaxed laid back Vancouver People & Atmosphere to make it an overall great experience! But Than again maybe it was like this more so like this for some aspects because it was during Olympics! This was by the way our first leg of hotel stays on this trip & one of the better ones too!

Now onto THE HOTEL! :)

Upon arriving the concierge/valet was extremely friendly, warm & helpful! Made me & friends feel like we were a somebody. :)

Pretty decent location for the most part! Not really far from anything. Nice n' cozy low key quiet boutique like hotel! Very clean hotel & rooms too!
Rooms seem quite well designed..at least ours was! I loved the chaize lounge cozy comfy full length couch by the window where you can chill lay back with
couple people. Also rarely do u have hotel rooms these days where windows can be opened. The top window opens allowing nice fresh air into the room.

Unfortunately did not get to experience their restaurant...

I understand the hotel is trying to go GREEN & I guess to cut costs but I still prefer personally branded mini bottled Shampoo &conditioner over dispensers which I've never seen before...but I guess it was still pretty cool & the quality was good.

Our room was facing the rear of the hotel which very much reminded me of Europe/middle east particularly Istanbul, Turkey which I really liked...It probably felt this way due to the apt. design setup w/ the small groundfloor basic parking lot & narrow street etc looking out the window.

What I really appreciated & quite surprised to find was the welcome package (red wine w/ a O'douls Wine/Bottle Opener), Exquisitely delicious Premium ARTSY box o' Chocolates, & a welcome letter that was sitting on the coffee table. It really made me feel "special & welcome".

Concierge very friendly professional & never made you feel it was all about "the tip" !

I could see the caliber class of hotel I was dealing with as soon as I booked as well as when I had to call the hotel to to discuss a few things. Very professional, friendly, Courteous Staff who seem to really care about your stay/experience.

I would definately stay at the Listel again!

P.S I forgot to mention that upon my request,to have as a souvenir, the hotel sent me a complimentary wine/bottle opener by mail

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank to335i1
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Once again, the Listel has amazed me with it's geniune service, extraordinary housekeeping and fantastic dining.
As someone who also works in the hotel industry, it's easy for me to "nit pick" any flaws, but I must say it was very hard to do so!
The front desk agents and valet drivers were all so positive, friendly and shown a general interest in where I was even from.
Housekeeping was prompt and any special requests I had for the room (more body wash, shower cap etc), they attended to.
The dining room was unbelievable. Even though I went in by myself, the bartender was very personable and kept me company. Not to mention the food was to die for. Accompanied by live jazz as well!

Overall my stay was a 10/10. I truely mean that too.. I would never recommend a hotel to anyone if I didn't honestly think they should go there.

My only "complaint" is that the air vent was a bit rattly, but I just turned it off anyways - didnt need it when I had a balcony! :)
Also, if anyone else were to bicker about that, can they honestly say their vents at home don't make noise too?

Keep up the phenomenal work!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank branmuffin7
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We've stayed at the Listel three times over the past few years and enjoyed each stay. The staff is outstanding, and the food in their restaurant is excellent. Plenty of art to enjoy in the lobby and the hallways. We easily walked to shopping, museums, parks, and restaurants. The rooms are not fancy but the beds are comfortable and there was space in the room to set up a card table and chairs when we wanted to play cards. And the staff asked us who won each morning.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights with my family for fun leisure time. Booked through a major online retailer and they noted that at check-in. We ended up with a room facing the back alley and parking lot. The windows are NOT double insulated and you can hear every car and truck rumbling down the alley. We could overlook that, but could not overlook the art work that we had to confront every day getting on/off the elevator and in the lobby.

We understood that the Listel proudly displayed art work from different sources, but we are here on VACATION and were confronted with huge pictures of chained, abused monkeys and hyenas in Africa (amongst other animals and people) and pictures fairy tales'heros' in various states of social or medical angst; think Rapunzel with a bald head staring at her hair in her lap, sitting on a hospital bed with the chemotherapy dripping into her. One of many pictures in the hall and lobby.

This is hospitality? This is a relaxing place to come with your family? It was a total downer after coming back from great experiences to confront this day after day after day.
Please Listel, I can deal with push button vats of shampoo and body wash (thank god i brought my own though), and telling the staff for three solid days that there were FOUR of us in the room (more towels, cups, glasses-again-please), but ditch the depressing art work for something more fitting for a HOTEL, with TRAVELERS, and offer something SOOTHING, and less confrontational. Even on business travel, the last thing you need to stare at in the evening is a manacled chimp staring back at you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ewingard
Portland, OR
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My fiance and I booked a trip to The Listel Hotel over Easter weekend. We drove up from Seattle and arrived about 4 hours before check in time. The front desk let us check in 4 hours early. They have valet parking which works out well since the hotel is right downtown where parking prices are ridiculous. The hotel room was nice. It wasn't the most modern hotel room but for location and the cleanliness of the hotel made it a very comfortable stay. The hotel staff was friendly, free internet service and free long distance calls to the US for up to 3 hours a day. We booked a Gallery Floor room and were very pleased.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple