“Wonderful!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Surrey, Canada
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My sister, visiting from Toronto invited my wife and me to join her at the Listel Hotel. Driving in the West End of Vancouver is always a challenge with one way streets, streets that do not go through, and many, many pedestrians so it was a big relief to pull into the driveway of the Listel and have the valet take over. Staff at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. The room was located on the sixth floor. Clean, roomy, tastefully decorated, and comfortable.
This hotel is located right on Robson Street, the shopping mecca of Vancouver. Lots of stores, restaurants, and a great area for people watching.
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was great! Good selection and friendly servers.
The only negative is the cost of parking $37.00 (taxes in) per night. Unfortunately this is the norm with most downtown Vancouver hotels.
Overall, a wonderful experience! We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Listel at least seven times over the last few years and we have always enjoyed our stay. The staff are warm, friendly and very helpful. It's a boutique hotel in a great location on Robson st downtown. We're able to walk anywhere in the downtown area to where we needed to go from the hotel. Lots of great restaurants in the area. The rooms have always been clean. If you need parking you have to pay extra and it can be expensive...be sure to enquire about the cost of the parking. The hotel room is excellent value for what you pay. We have always had an excellent overall experience here.
G&D

Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I would highly recommend the Listel to anyone visiting Vancouver or just looking for a small getaway in your own city. Amazing location and incredible artwork to help you enjoy your stay. The location is in the heart of the shopping district and a walking distance to almost anything you need.

Room Tip: Select a different floor each time you stay. The art themes compliment the stay.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I traveled to the Listel for an anniversary get-a-way for 2 days. The location was prime; a short walk to numerous restaurants (the Japanese Noodle House directly across the street was excellent) and great shopping. The in-house restaurant, Forage, was a great dining experience, and we would encourage all hotel guests to try. The room service breakfast was also excellent. The rooms were more than adequate, but nothing really was distinctive either way. Housekeeping was excellent. I thought the mattress could have been of a slightly higher quality, however I slept well and it did not cause any problems. The staff was the highlight for us. In every encounter with them, they were professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. The staff at Forage was also great. The parking charge was a bit excessive I felt, but the valet service was very good. We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It has a good location on Robson Avenue. However, the pictures make you think it is a Boutique Hotel which is far from the reality. It is a refurbished 60's hotel with some art on the walls, etc. There were dead bugs on the rug and bugs flying around in the room.

Room Tip: Cleaning staff friendly.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jim_M0ckf0rd, General Manager at The Listel Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Afternoon and thank you for your review of our hotel,

I'm happy that you liked our location. With regards to the age of the building, the hotel opened originally in 1986 and has been renovated numerous times since. We do have lovely art in and around our hotel provided by a number of galleries and museums with whom we have relationships. I am sorry that you found insects in your room, our housekeepers were in your room daily during your stay and were unable to find evidence of the problem and as well we had our maintenance manager survey the room following your departure and we were still unable to find any evidence of insects living or dead. I will say it is an unusual time of year to find flying insects in Vancouver, due to the climate in the city we have few flying insects at all, and almost none during the late fall and winter season. But again I do apologize for your findings.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Listel sells itself on been a hotel full of art, which is a bit of an odd concept considering the generic prints on the walls in the room I was in (especially compared to the Art Series Hotels in Australia, in which they would learn a lot from if they strive to be an arty hotel). Needless to say this didn't really matter to me on this trip as I wasn't in Vancouver for that reason.

The hotel itself was well located, walking distance across most of downtown, well located to Stanley Park and close to restaurants and other amenities. VERY Spacious Room, I'm taking a guess the room I stayed in was at one point a Twin and has been converted to a Single. In room amenities were comfortable though showing their age. Bathroom/Shower was very dated however worked well, though a wall mounted dispenser for soaps and shampoos does cheapen the experience.

Service was friendly and efficient, and rooms were cleaned well. Pricing was great compared to other options at the time I visited. Overall very much recommended, despite parts of the room showing their age.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at this wonderful hotel. This was a business trip for my husband, and I went along for the ride. Not sorry I did. I was a bit worried when we booked as we got an unheard of rate at $92 per night, with an upgrade to a museum room. I was thinking "How nice could it be for that rate?" I didn't need to worry. The room, though older, was large, comfortable and very clean, with beautiful art decorating the walls. The hotel itself, was very quiet, at times it seemed that we were the only ones there because we just didn't hear any other guests! You must use your room key to access any of the floors, which gives you a nice secure feeling. The hotel staff were phenomenal. I just can't say enough about how friendly and helpful every single person was. No matter how many times we went in and out in a day they always smiled and said something to us. The location of the hotel is just perfect with an abundance of shopping and dining options. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind comments. Although the hotel is typically priced as an upper mid-range hotel would be, we do occasionally offer incentive discounts... watch for them on our website!