“Excellent, well located hotel”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I stayed in LeSoleil for four nights in January. The room was spacious and immaculate. The restaurant attached to the hotel had an excellent, a bit pricey, breakfast. The dinner menu was inventive and very good. The staff, especially the folks at the front desk, are very helpful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I was in Vancouver.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,663)

Reviewed January 7, 2011

This is the 3rd time I've stayed here and it's still great value for money and a wonderful location. Walking distance to Canada place, shopping, Robson street & plenty of restuarants. Starbucks accross the street is very handy for husbands morning coffee. Service is always good and staff are very friendly. Shared a corner suite with our two sons (they shared a large fold out couch bed) and we were all very comfortable. Great breakfast at the on site restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We very much enjoyed our stay. The individual rooms in the corner suite are small, but with two of them, it's not so bad (we were three adults). Comfortable furnishings. Unlike one previous poster, we found the service to be very friendly and attentive. Called for towels -- came within 5 minutes. Couldn't get our card to work in the elevator - two people there to help us immediately. Etc. We didn't park a car, so no comment on the price of parking. I'm still absolutely unclear on the internet -- first, I agree, it was very spotty. second, you had to call down to get a code, which was annoying. third, it was supposed to be $8.99 a day, but I never did determine whether that was per room or per computer. Lastly, they didn't charge us for it anyway. I would have refused to pay because it was
s-l-o-w!

Still, that was our only complaint. Great location, comfortable bed, good shower, nice furnishings, not a big-box chain, pleasant staff.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I liked this hotel - it's not perfect, but it's got an old world attitude that I found quirky. The furnishings and appointments are lovely. Security was good. I was a little taken aback by the cost of the valet parking, but the $26 is for your entire stay, not per night as another reviewer thought. Their system for internet access definitely needs to be brought into the 21st century. And I'm not paying to use your crappy internet system; the request for payment to connect was just insulting. I also found the TV system exceptionally primitive - why have flat screens if you don't receive an HD signal? But staff were efficient, location good, and in general I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2010

My partner and I recently stayed at this hotel. Overall, the stay was enjoyable. The room was small but in a cozy way. We didn't use the sitting room for anything but a place to toss our coats. The bathroom was a sufficiant size. The walk in shower was nice. Great selection of Aveda amenities.
Only a few criticisms to note during our stay:
-Valet Parking at $26/day? Rediculous. Thankfully it is somewhat central to a lot of transportation hubs...but when you really don't feel like walking to the sky train or sea bus in pouring down rain, having to get your car out of Valet is always a nuissance. Why does it feel like you're inconviniencing the valet for your own vehicle? Offer a self park option for a slightly lower rate (or discount with the large parking garage just down the street).
-Internet was touchy. It basically worked when it wanted to work, which is always really annoying when you're trying to find out local information and not wanting to bother with using concierge.
-Customer Service was lacking in the friendly sense...which was a huge disappointment. Perhaps its common across all 'boutique' hotels, but not having a valet smile when you hand over your keys, or a front desk agent all but ignore you when checking you out of the hotel is annoying. We only had one encounter with a friendly staff member. Everyone seems to hate their job and resent you for making them work. Peculiar.
Overall it was a nice enough hotel. Not the best, but better than the worst by far.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Room was cozy and well decorated. Food available in room for purchase (though expensive by my budget). Very very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2010

My uncle got married in August. As a wedding gift, I arranged for the new couple’s first night to be spent at the Hotel Le Soleil. I really waffled between booking a boutique hotel and one of the well known higher end hotels in Vancouver. I finally settled on the Hotel Le Soliel. The staff at the font desk were very friendly and accommodating. I might have mentioned (one or two hundred times), that it was a wedding gift etc etc. The new couple RAVED about the room and the price was great. Although I cannot say with certainly, I suspect they were upgraded as what they described was a very large beautiful suite. Regardless of the upgrade, the service and price were both great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple