“Great time in Vancouver”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #11 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Leawood, Kansas
“Great time in Vancouver”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Soleil in June 2008 for our anniversary. The hotel is centrally loacated and within walking distance of several good restaurants and attractions. The hotel was well appointed and service was relaxed and efficient. Breakfast was adequate. Certainly, give the Soleil a try

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Hotel Le Soleil was a wonderful hotel to stay in. It was mine & my husband's first time in Vancouver as part of a BC tour and I'm so glad we picked this as our first stop. When we arrived after a very long flight from the UK and a run on the 'Sky train' from the airport, the hotel staff were extremely polite and helpful (I even managed to have a chuckle with one member of staff from Germany about the world cup as they'd just beaten the UK 4-2!) We were informed that we'd been upgraded from a double room to a one bedroom suite at no extra charge which was a lovely start to our holiday. We stayed in a corner suite, number 1002. Our suite was gorgeous. Very clean, very well laid out, beautiful furniture and decor. There was a big TV in the main area and also one in the bedroom, not that we used them much but handy for the weather channel! Big variety of drinks from tea, coffee, water, soft drinks, beer, wine and also lots of different nibbles to choose from (obviously at a cost) Nice roomy bathroom with a shower over the bath. I'm pretty sure the previous reviewer didn't pick up their 'bugs' at the Soleil because my husband I were bitten half to death throughout our three weeks in Canada no matter where we stayed (and we stayed in 8 different hotels!) or what activities we took part in so for other potential customers reading that review, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. The concierge were very helfpul, answering all of our questions and drawing on a map some of the best places to visit and eat. Just what we needed for our first day! I can't comment on the restaurant as we didn't eat there (such erratic hours we kept, lol) but I will give the hotel 10/10 for everything else. Thank you Hotel Le Soleil for a lovely start to our travels in Canada :o)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SamLouise67
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Eek, I see the "Bedbugs" review and I am surprised about that as our rooms were very clean. Hotel Le Soleil is very centrally located for quite a bit of sightseeing in Vancouver, The rooms were a little small, and I was very aggravated that Wireless Service was an additional $9 a day particularly since it is promoted as a business hotel. Anyway, it was a good value' the front desk was helpful, but I would look elsewhere for our travel next time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I stayed here for a technical short course, and although I was very happy with the service, the location, and the price, I was rather disgusted to find I was sharing my bed with bedbugs. I woke up one morning with four bites on one leg, and two bites on the other. I know that the West End is suffering from a bedbug infestation, but I never expected the hotels to be infested too. I would stay somewhere in the Kits/Broadway area if I stayed in Vancouver again. The bits healed after 10 days or so, but I've been paranoid ever since.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank torch1111
HotelLeSoleil, Director of Sales at Executive Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encounter during your stay at Hotel Le Soleil and we would have liked to have address the issue and your comfort while you were here. We endeavour to correct all guests issues. We would also like to verfiy if the suite you occupied was a suite managed by Hotel Le Soleil and or by another management company who rent short and long term suites in this building. We look forward to the opportunity to speak with you and resolve your concerns.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I always prefer a boutique hotel and since we've stayed in several of the larger chains in Vancouver I thought I'd give the Soleil a try.

The hotel is a cute little place. It's charming railroad car style ground floor entrance, complete with twinkling lights is a nice change from the large lobby approach.

All staff was very pleasant and attentive. We found the location to be very convenient for our purposes. Three blocks downhill to Canada Place, which makes it great for cruisers. There's a variety of shop and restaurants around the block, anything you needed was well within walking distance. You'll find the Pacific Mall a few blocks away.

The hotel has a lovely little restaurant connected to the lobby that serves a nice breakfast. On the corner is The Keg. We enjoyed surf and turf there for dinner. Again, staff was very attentive and kind.

The hotel in room wifi, can be a bit confusing - you have to call down to the front desk to get a code. Rooms are small by US standards but comfortable. Decor, well, everyone has their own taste and the pictures are dead on accurate as of this date. A bit too much gold for me but again, it was very comfortable. And best of all, it was quiet! Not a sound from the hallway or from any walls or ceiling. Just like you were the only ones in the place!

Compared to subsequent hotel stays on this trip, this turned out to be the quietest hotel we experienced- a quality that can be lost on you until you have a few sleepless nights due to an evening filled with clearly experiencing hall conversation of strangers and repeated loud door slamming!

Not here. No noise. No overheard conversations. No noisy slamming of doors.

Blissfully peaceful in the middle of the city!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TINSELTX
London
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed here for a few days last November. The staff at the front desk were great and put us in an amazing room. We were blown away with the quality of the room, and the general style of the hotel. Had a great time and would happily go back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times but never provided feedback. I guess that is because I'm usually here on business and this time I travelled with my spouse for a vacation. This is a very quiet, very clean hotel with super friendly staff and a unique ambience. In addition every room in the hotel is a suite with a small sitting room and a separate bedroom. Each time I have checked price, this hotel seems to be in the same range as other 4/5 stars in the area.

I'll stay here every time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business