Executive Hotel Le Soleil
$375
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$344
$314
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$163
$464
$465
Hotelpower.com
1,733 results
All reviewscopper chimneydowntown vancouvercorner suiteseparate sitting areasitting roomaveda productscanada placewonderful boutique hotelvalet parkingseparate bedroommini barthe sofa bedfew blockswithin walking distancesmall hotelfront desk staffrobson street
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our first ever visit to Vancouver in October 2013. Compared to the luxury hotel properties nearby, this place is priced competitively. The overall value is excellent, especially the location which is in the middle of downtown. The luxurious décor is done tastefully in a faux-fun way, not annoying, and help distract from its spatial shortcomings.

I was a little disappointed to find out this building was built in 1999. I thought rooms this small must have been from a historical building layout! We stayed in a queen bed suite. It is a suite alright: first you enter a living room with couch and TV, then the closet area with bathroom, and at the end is the bedroom. But the bedroom is very small, just enough for a queen bed and some oversized furniture. Mirrors are cleverly placed on one wall to make the space seem larger. But I cannot help but feel we are sleeping in a cute gift box (the wall paper is yellow ribbons), some giant will open the lid of the ceiling in the middle of the night! Window wall is nice feature.

The shower is very large in comparison to the rest of the room, and the water pressure is excellent. Lights in the restroom kept humming, so just used the heat lamp instead. Small living room is very nice feature, gives a different place to hang out in the suite. There are 2 TVs: one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

Service is excellent. The concierge always friendly and helpful. There is always a taxi ready at the door. The lobby gives a very good vibe with its high ceiling.

All in all, this is a cute place that offers excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Redraisinz
HLS567, General Manager at Executive Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for making me smile this morning after reading your review. You are correct in saying some of the bedroom spaces are a little tight - but it was nice that you referred to it as a sleeping in a cute gift box. Not all our rooms are the same size, they vary from 350-425 sq ft, but it sounded like you enjoyed having the extra space in the living room and our generous sized bathrooms. I hope you enjoyed your time exploring our city and that you may come back and visit us again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a lovely european styled boutique hotel in the middle of downtown. The suites has separate bedroom and seating areas. Staffs were friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby has fruit at the front for you to grab on the go and uses Aveda bathroom proudcts! YWCA is literally 10 steps away. This is defintely one of the best hotel I ever stayed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BubbleSnow
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend arrived arround 11pm at the hotel. We were both so happy to be here in Vancouver after a long drive. We found this hotel on booking.com the price was CAD 155.- for Executive Suite and 162.- for Premiere Suite. Because i love huge windows i would love to stay in the Premiere Suite. Unfortunately they told us at the front desk diffrent prices. So we ask what about the price on booking.com? So she gave as a room for this price, but we got a Executive Suite... Thats actually not how i learn to treat guests. So no huge windows for me. And our room was to the back yard, which wasn't a nice view. Our stay was wonderful in beautiful bc, unfortunately this hotel doesn't made my day's off better.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Travelsly

Dear Travelsly,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during you visit to Vancouver. I was sorry to hear that you felt the room type you booked on Booking.com was not the room that you were given when you checked into the hotel. I think there may be a mis-understanding as the room type on booking.com is called a premier but we refer to that room type as a corner suite which does offer large floor to ceiling windows, unfortunately you were on a lower floor which wouldn't have offered the views of the city that you were hoping for. I understand your disappointment and I'm sure that we would have offered you a room on a higher floor if there was one available.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

A very good hotel, in an excellent location to visit just about anything in Vancouver, very central, walking distance to Gas Town and the cruise ship pier .
Especially impressed with the staff, everyone was very helpful. Hotel was very clean and well appointed.
The only thing we did not care for was the restaurant attached to the hotel. It's sort of a chichi Indian fare, very expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I attended a conference in Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, Canada. The Hotel is close to the convention centre. The check in was very kind and efficient. The room was very nice with a bedroom and a sitting room seperately. The furniture is classic but nice.
When I had to run to be in time for a session at the convention centre and had to check out the staf at the desk was extremely kind, gave me a receipt for the luggage and said run of, I see you back later for checkout and please take the umbrella.
All in all I felt very welcome here and will certainly use this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: I had room 316 very nice with seperate sitting room