“Beautiful design and furnishings”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is the most beautifully decorated hotel I have stayed at. The detail is amazing and a fusion but slightly art deco. It has made is rich and luxurious, without being too much. Great staff -very helpful and friendly. They were kind enough to organize an early check in for us - brilliant after a 14 hour flight. ( I did e-mail first to ask if this was a possibility) Excellent food in the restaurant, although the name (Copper Kettle) needs changing, as it doesn't do justice to the brilliant interior design. Venetian glass lights and sun applique on the restaurant wall were just some of great decoration used to create a luxurious and warm atmosphere. Great location central to all transport.

Room Tip: Possibly higher, as you get more city view. Rooms were quite and double glazed windows.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,664)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at Le Soleil on Hornby St, Vancouver on March 18-19 2012
Very nice, clean accommodations.
Nice rooms with separate sitting area, so quite large.
Not a lot of street noise, which made sleeping nice,]
Great restaurant. We only had breakfast there, but it was good and the service was outstanding.
I was also very impressed with the manager Chris.
A big thank you to him.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

From the moment you walk into this hotel you feel something magical: from the 20-something foot ceilings and crystal chandeliers to the gilded furniture and paintings. This was truly a magical experience for me. It was more than just a place to hang your hat. I have had two Royal experiences in this hotel; both of which were business-related trips. On the service end, I felt like a Princess in this hotel. The service was made for Royalty. Each request I had was met with attentiveness beyond the usual hotel experience. The most memorable and helpful person was Mark, the Bellman. He worked the night shift and catered to the little things that came up throughout the night: a warm down-filled extra blanket, a kettle, a pack of matches, taxi cabs, recommendations, and even one small repair. He was dressed in the finest of suits, always had a pleasant demeanour, and delivered beyond my expectations. I felt he ADDED to the magic of my 3 days stay and made it all the more memorable. In addition, Paul at the front desk was superb too. He went beyond the call of duty to help me. On one of my visits, I had a situation with The Metropolitan hotel that was horrendous. I called Le Soleil to see if they could accommodate me. Paul was able to move me into the hotel for 3 nights. He found the most perfect room for me. It was beautifully decorated, impeccably clean, and had non-perfumed toiletries from Aveda that were spectacularly perfect for me to use. It was a royal treat being here. The bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets even smelled fresh and clean. When I walked into le Soleil I smelled only freshness in the air. It truly is a well-attended place that feels like a huge Palace. I plan to book this hotel to celebrate my birthday each year and for every single business trip I make to Vancouver (very strong WIFI). I couldn't think of a better place to be when away from home. I give Le Soleil 6 out of 5 stars!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with our 3 month old baby - we had a king suite room, on the 11th floor. The hotel set up a crib with bedding for us, prior to arrival, all we had to do was ask. The bath products are aveda, there is timothys coffee for the keurig coffee maker, the bed is incredibly soft and comfortable and best of all the hotel was located within a 5 minute walk in one direction to Robson St and a 5 to 7 minute walk to the waterfront! Free WIFI. The copper chimney was also very good - the service was impeccable and the food was quite good for indian.

Would definitely stay here again, great for couples or a family!!

One small thing that was rather irritatiing was that the hotel website shows pics of the YWCA which is next door, and you pay a drop in fee to use (so essentially, it has nothing to do with the hotel). In some ways, it seems like false advertising, as they should indicate on their website that this is the facility close by and not complimentary. With that being said, they have 3 cardio machines on the 2nd floor with a TV and bottled water, which was nice.

Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if you have kids or want more space.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Nicely appointed room with sitting area, separate bathroom and bedroom. Fridge and coffee machine also in room. Location is right downtown and close to lots of activities (walk or take the train or bus).

Room Tip: Higher rooms will have better views.
1  Thank BrewTravels
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel Le Soleil is a very nice, old European style, boutique hotel in downtown Vancouver. It is walking distance from the harbour, most shopping centres and Robson Street. The rooms are relatively small but well divided with a living room and a separate bedroom. It is surprisingly quiet and the bed is excellent.

My stay, however, was not perfect. I was first put in a room on the 5th floor that was really warm. I realized that the thermostat was not working and called the front desk. They sent someone within 5 minutes and he did some work to try to repair the issue. That did not work and an hour later, I had to call again the front desk. My room was at 25c (76F) and could not get any cooler. They sent again someone who realized the issue was bigger than expected. At the end, I got moved to another room on the 12th floor but it took more than 2 hours to resolve this issue.

Here are some small other drawbacks that I noticed:
- The lack of parking. Valet parking is the only solution.
- There is also no swimming pool or fitness centre but you can go to the YMCA next door as a walk-in for a very small fee.
- My room did not have a bathtube but a very large shower instead

Le soleil has Groupon coupons available on a regular basis during the low season. It’s a great opportunity to discover a very nice, stylish, well located hotel at a very good value.

1  Thank Bosley2705
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel both times I've visited Vancouver in the last two years and they have been consistently stellar. I honestly don't know the room rates, as my father-in-law paid both times, but the quality of rooms and service are top notch. I've stayed in many hotels around North America and I don't think I've stayed in a nicer place. The location is also quite central to everything I would want in downtown Vancouver. Just a few blocks over to Rogers Arena for the Canucks' games, three blocks to the waterfront, two blocks to Eaton's Centre, SkyTrain/Seabus, etc.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed in a room that faced the street (fifth floor, I believe) and the street noise wa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo