“Don't even think about it just go here!”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I went for one night with a bunch of friends. We went and wandered the area, no real need for a cab around here. We went to pubs and bars and ate pizza at this awesome place in gastown (not sure what it was called) We compared eachothers rooms which were all nice. My sister in law got the honeymoon package and the corner I bedroom room. Very nice, There was sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for them and all of our rooms were equally beautiful. We needed limes for our tequila shots before we left and my husband asked the front desk. They brought us two sliced limes, no charge :) We all loved it!

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms are just as nice and I would reccomend you tell them that you saw the inter...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The location was fantastic between Canada Place and Robson. I can walk everywhere (Gastown, Yaletown etc.) 10 mins walk to skytrain. Yes, there is a club downstairs, but it wasn't too bad and I am a solo female traveller. The room was spacious as I got the corner suite. Very clean and the bed was great! Staff was efficient and friendly. I would come back again when I am in Vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel. We were greeted by an exceptionally friendly bellhop who was more than willing to answer any questions we had. The concierge was so accommodating that he located a supplier for the dishes used in the restaurant. The room is nice, clean, but feels a bit dated. The staff were so warm and friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A very nice hotel. Rooms are smallish--glad we had a suite--but bright and pleasant. Fast internet! Our only complaint was the restaurant: we tried to go for breakfast, but left after 15 minutes with no service from staff who seemed utterly incompetent and somewhat rude.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Helpful staff and beautiful hotel. Staff directed us to city highlight as our stay was short, made great recommendations and we thoroughly enjoyed this great city!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I stayed here for a week on business, my company booked the room.

Good things
- handy location if you don't mind staying next to a strip club with the associated security, girls, cabs and shady characters hanging around at night
- room was nice apart from broken furniture
- bed was comfy
- room was large
- had option for a cheap upgrade at check in
- staff were friendly

Bad things
- internet was TERRIBLE, unusable do not consider this place if you need internet access.
- the computers/printers in business centre were also not functional. I am an IT nerd and it was impossible to get the printer to print a simple PDF of a ticket for an event
- no room service after hours
- broken furniture - i sat in a chair that had been badly glued back together and it snapped under me
- there is a gym close by, but you have to pay extra

I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TrySmiling
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Great location close to the bay, Gastown and downtown. Comfortable small hotel with good value compared to many other Vancouver properties. The staff is helpful. Free internet in the business center on the 3rd floor. This was our second visit to Le Soleil and it was as consistent in quality and service as our first 4 years ago. Be sure to book a "suite."

Room Tip: Book a "suite," larger than just a room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business