“Upgrade to Hotel Le Soleil”
Review of Hotel Le Soleil

Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Victoria, BC
“Upgrade to Hotel Le Soleil”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Exceptional service with a very friendly staff!! Coming from the island, I was able to check in when I got into Vancouver, I had a great clean, quiet suite, that was perfect! I loved the lavish decor, I felt like I was royalty; especially with room serivce in the morning and a nice long soak in my soaker tub!
It was nice and central so I could park my car and walk to all my favorite destinations, Tiffany, Robson St, Pacific Centre, and so much more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel was FABULOUS, we spent 3 night March 29 - April 1st. The lobby is luxurious, our room was very comfortable - 1 bdrm corner suite, we like a King but the queen was fine. Actually is was MORE than fine - the bed was incredibly comfy and I always love triple sheeting w/ duvet. My husband & I take the bedspread off each night because we prefer just the duvet & sheets - no spread but it's lovely when the bed it made. Rooms are 'french provincial' - reminds me of King Louis XIIIIV - the "Sun King'. VERY luxurious & rich. I must also say how impressed I am with customer service & attention to detail. Everything was done beautifully and wiith care. The house keeper saw me come out of my room & pulled out a little paper VERY discreetly... then said "How are you Mrs. Leach?" ... I was toched that she took that much care to make me feel welcome. When I ran in to her later, she told me of a few neat places to easily take in while walking. THANK YOU to the staff who were ALL so helpful and attentive.

Room Tip: The bedroom in the corner 1 bdrm suites is a bit cramped, however it wasn't a problem for us. I...
2 Thank S_Leach
HotelLeSoleil, General Manager at Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Mrs. Leach,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay with us - we greatly appreciate the feedback. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional guest service with particular emphasis on attention to detail and recognizing our guests whenever possible.

We look forward to welcoming you and Mr. Leach back on your next visit to Vancouver.

Best Regards,
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We used our Living Social voucher last weekend. On a surface level, the staff is friendly. They upgraded us to a corner suite (which is slightly bigger and quieter). However, the room had one window which opened to an air shaft (e.g. the middle of the building and no light). The other window open to a notch in the building that was roughly 20 feet deep (in other words, no external light from here, either).

The Living Social special came with a $25 voucher for "food and beverage." Once we arrived at the hotel we received the voucher, complete with all the fine print. The voucher was for dinner only and was not to be used on alcohol. We didn't see the fine print until we went to use the voucher for breakfast. I had to leave the restaurant to go to the front desk to get the issue cleared up, as it was a bait and switch situation. This took about 15 minutes, as the front desk clerk had to call his sales manager. Finally, I was told I could use the voucher for breakfast. Thank you, but it was a stress that should not have occurred if this information had actually been included in the Living Social offer.

Free internet was included with the package. I guess that's good, as I've NEVER stayed at a hotel that actually charged for internet access. Many times the internet speed was so slow that it dropped. At one point I clocked the speed at well under 1 Mbps. That's fine for free, but I would have been quite disappointed if I was forced to pay for service that slow.

Finally, we get to the valet parking and this is why I've giving such a low overall rating. As our car was brought out the second morning of our stay as we were preparing to leave, we found a three inch long scratch on the mirror and a chip in the door. Seriously? This car is my husband's pride and joy. He hand washes it every week and knows every inch of that car. When he dropped it off for the valet, he walked around it to check it out and when he picked it up from the valet, he walked around it and checked it out. At some point from the time we dropped it off at the valet and picked it up, it was damaged. After speaking with the front desk clerk and the valet attendant at length and showing them the damage, we were giving the hotel manager's business card.

After multiple emails back and forth with the hotel over the past two weeks, we were told they “considered the issue closed.” They told us the area they park the cars in is fully secure and they stated the car must have been “vandalized.” Hmmmm…. If the parking garage is fully secure and the car is vandalized during that time, then the damage was done by an employee. I don’t believe it was vandalized, but I do know that one of the valets was very careless to cause this damage.

The $300-500 it will cost us to repair the damage Hotel Le Soleil caused (along with the stress of dealing with their bait and switch tactics) was definitely NOT worth what we saved with our Living Social deal.

Room Tip: If you use a Living Social voucher, be sure the hotel doesn't attempt to change the terms (e.g...
3 Thank MikelAnneA
HotelLeSoleil, General Manager at Hotel Le Soleil, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear of the confusion regarding your use of the food & beverage voucher, and we have followed up with our team here to make sure that does not occur in the future. You are right when you say that it should not be your responsibility to have to get something like this cleared up, but I can assure you there was no intent to deceive you or any of our guests in this regard, but thank you for bringing this to our attention.

As I indicated to your husband, I was sorry to hear that his vehicle may have been vandalized at some point during your visit to Vancouver, and that marred an otherwise pleasant visit to the area from what your husband had indicated to me, but given that the damage to your vehicle was not consistent with an incident while in our possession, we were not in a position to assume responsibility for the alleged incident.

We pride ourselves on providing exceptional guest experiences, and I do regret that you are not left with a more favourable impression indicative of that commitment.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate you providing your feedback.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This hotel was an absolute pleasure to stay in. We arrived at Hotel Le Soleil after travelling straight in from Australia and we could not have picked a better hotel. Every member of staff that we encounted was fantastic, helpfull and very friendly. Check-in and out was friendly and even just passing the reception desk was a joy! The hotel just has a wonderfull decor that is inviting, warm and relaxing. The foyer and main sitting room has lovely big comfotable chairs with a lovely warm fireplace, which was going everytime we passed. The room and decorated in the same style and are boldy charming. The seperate living and bedroom are planned out well and are very accomodating. The room was very clean and tidy, the bathroom has a shower over bath and the counter top is large enough for everything you might bring and more. The bed in our room was just lovely to sleep in, it was very comfortable and the linen and pillows were excellent. We had dinner once and breakfast every morning in the connecting restaurant next door. Our meals for dinner were excellent they did a fantastic job and breakfast each morning (which was included with our room) was small but fresh and nice. The staff in the restaurant were just as accomodating and really lovely. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in downtown Vancouver. There are plenty of shopping centers, small shops and places to eat around the hotel. We were traveller with our 2.5 year old son and we did find it a bit hard to find family orrientated places close to the hotel but there were some really nice restaurants that we passed. Also there is a skytrain station not far from the hotel (ask for a map and directions, the staff were really good at this!) which can take you places quickly and very easily.
This hotel is for anyone and its a nice change to the big, run of the mill hotels you usually see.
Well worth the stay, we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2012

A quiet location and easily within walking distance of everything and we walked EVERYWHERE! The staff was all friendly. Parking less expensive than a few other hotels! They also matched internet rate, free wiifi, and included breakfast which consisted of coffee or juice and a muffin or fruit salad.
We had an extra room to sleep an extra person. We would definitely stay here again.
The Copper Chimney restaurant, located in the hotel, has THE BEST curry, and we highly recommend it!
Enjoyed great dinner at the Cactus Club around the corner.

Did NOT, repeat, DO NOT eat around the corner, at the restaurant that is not a restaurant, not worth the money so don't even LOOK when you walk by. I think it was called Traders. Horrible food. Dreadful. Waste of money.

Room Tip: If you need to use the pullout/couch bed, make sure you ask for a "topper" for comfort!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BCSurreyChick
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2012

It is in downtown an convenient location. Walking distance to water front. Hotel is quite noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter. There is no privacy at the rooms, you can hear next room.
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This boutique hotel is wonderful. Suites are beautifully decorated with all the appointments. Very convenient downtown location. We had a corner room that looked out between buildings and a downtown street that was like a movie. Very quiet. Valet parking. Accommodating staff. Forget the restaurant attached. Was not open for breakfast and dinner had very poor service and prices high.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. I have stayed here once before, and while the rooms were very nice, we looked...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple