“Quiet Hotel in Great Location”

Executive Hotel Le Soleil
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary
“Quiet Hotel in Great Location”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We only stay in this hotel during our many visits to Vancouver as it offers the best value in the city - quiet rooms, helpful staff, great location. We generally dont eat lunch or dinner in the restaurant, not because there's anything wrong, its due to the fact Vancouver has so many great restaurants to try!

However, one thing really annoys me – the hotel has a notice in the bathrooms regarding the re-use of towels to minimize the impact on the environment. But at the same time, they are providing bottled water that was shipped from Fiji…….not much consideration to the environment in this case!

The obvious hypocrisy makes me wonder whether their organization is really interested in reducing their impact on the environment or just reducing operating costs. Is this another case of Corporate “Green-washing”?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Like_2_TravelCalgary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a "boutique" hotel, not part of a chain. The location is excellent, close to Coal Harbour & Canada Place on a "good" block, walking distance to museums, etc. The lobby is pleasant, nicely cozy with a fireplace and a vanilla scent. The staff was very welcoming and our rate (discounted off the standard rate) made it a good value. That all being said, our room was not well laid out for two people. While the king bed was nicely roomy and comfortable, and the bathroom was pleasant (not as great as more upscale hotels, but prettily done), but if one person was standing at the wardrobe, the second person was effectively trapped in the bathroom. Another small peeve, replacement coffee pods were not left for our second morning (on request they were provided). Since we got a very good rate we didn't mind much, but if I'd paid rack rate I would have asked for a bigger room. Also, the fact that they charge for Wi-Fi was a surprise -- the chains tend to provide it at no cost for loyalty customers. Restaurant looked very inviting but our plans didn't give us a chance to try it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ASASG_7
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The Wifi slow but it was Perfect! The Staff great and location to the port walking distance. Got off the ship and went right over.. no lines!! GREAT! and my room was ready early. Breakfast great too!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed here for a recent business trip. This was the only hotel to be found since there were two large events going on at once in the city. So I was not sure what to expect with the leftovers. Rooms are small for suites, but it was just me and it was very nice. The beds were quite comfy, the breakfast was yummy, had both room service and in the hotel restaurant itself (of course hotel prices). There is a starbucks right across the street and on virtually every corner in that city anyway.
Staff went out of their way to help- that is one of the reasons I do like boutique hotels like this. I had some free time and asked the concierge to see is she could get me into a spa locally. She tried calling everyone for me, while I was not able to get one- she did try really hard and I applaud her effort. This is close to the waterfront and convention center.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank sunbelly
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2011

You feel like royalty at this hotel. Everything you see and touch is rich. This hotel does a very... very nice job! This is my second time staying here for business. I love that you get access to a full service health club righ next door.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nylo1970
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We stayed here Feb 2011. Traveling were the four of us (2 adults, 2 young children) and my parents. I like the way the rooms were set up. My parents' room had a similar layout: living area with couch, TV and sliding glass doors to outdoor space then a hallway off which there was the bathroom on one side and coffee maker and closet on the other side and down the end of the hall was the bedroom. I loved the fact that the bedroom was separated (with door) as it allowed for more privacy and better sleep. The beds were very comfortable and everything about this hotel had a feeling of newness and cuteness. This hotel reminded me of the Klimpton hotels - a charm that is unique to the hotel with little details that add both whimsy and comfort. The staff was also very nice.
We parked in the lot next to the hotel, not across the street. We had breakfast at a bagel shop around the corner. For dinner we went to the RainTree Grill which was an outstanding experience. Next day for lunch we went to Joe Fortes which was another amazing dining experience. Then for dinner we went to a restaurant just a couple of streets or so down ... I don't recall the name ... I should have written this review as soon as we got back.
Anyway, the hotel is in a great location as we were also able to walk to the shopping center and, actually, we walked everywhere except for the RainTree Grill and Stanley Park, but my mom also can't walk that far. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Vancouver in a couple of years.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Weegeewoman
Jacksonville, Oregon
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and two young children. We booked a deluxe queen but when the desk clerk saw the children he upgraded us to a corner suite. Great room with separate bedroom. Quite place with excellent staff and service, fast valet, very comfortable beds. Only things to change would be wireless speed (noted in many reviews already), coffee/tea service downstairs. If the price is "right" I will not be looking for another hotel next time I am going to Vancouver.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family