As a female solo traveller I always look for a safe location which is close to everything I want to see. On my first visit to Vancouver earlier in September stayed at the Sutton Place Hotel which was very comfortable but very expensive and required taxis to get anywhere. On the return trip I knew i wanted to be out of the shopping area and close to Stanley Park so I stayed at the Westin Bayshore. Its a large hotel full of conference spaces and the service was a bit lacking but the room was comfortable, the food delivered by room service was great and the location can't be beaten. Step out of the back door and turn right and you are on a wonderful boardwalk which goes right along the edge of the harbour right around to Canada Place and from there is it an easy short walk to Gastown (although I did cheat and got a taxi back to the hotel from there). Turn left out of the hotel's back door and you are a two minute or so walk to Stanley Park and such attractions as the aquarium. It was wonderful to see raccoons and squirrels in the park which we don't get in Australia. The hotel's business centre was difficult to find and I was rather surprised that the hotel couldn't arrange to send a registered letter for me or to confirm airline reservations (but they did give me directions to the nearest post office where I could do it myself which rather defeated the purpose of utilising the business centre). I booked the hotel online and it was in the older part of the hotel but had an amazing view out over all the yachts in the harbour. If you want to stay in a hotel for just its facilities, perhaps look for another. But if you want the best location this is the place for you. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Starwood, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin