We enjoyed this hotel much more than others we've stayed at in the last couple years.
We usually stay at Hyatt Regency hotels, but this was our first time at a Westin.
My husband and I were very impressed with the quality of the rooms.
I must share that we scored this hotel on Priceline 2 months ago for $125 a night plus
taxes for a grand total of $150 a night USD. We were NOT disappointed. We even
knew to request the tower rooms for an upgrade fee, and upon check-in we did
exactly that. However, the nice check-in fellow talked us out of it since they'd already
assigned us a Harbor View room. It was a fabulous view looking inward toward
Stanley Park and the Harbor, with a view of the mountains as well. Check-in guy told
us if we wanted to go to the tower, it would only be a city view anyway. Hotel
was pretty full. Check-in guy told us that the day before he'd checked in 150 Priceline
and Hotwire customers!
The service was excellent at this place. We got off a cruise ship and arrived here at
10:45 a.m. and were able to get right into our room. They put us on a preferred Starwood
floor too. I had signed up for Starwood before embarking on our journey so maybe that
had something to do with it. I do love the non-smoking feature of this hotel. We loved
that we could open the sliders (no balcony though) It was nice having fresh air.
However, someone was smoking marijuana which wafted into our room, and the man
next door to us, he complained as well. There was a very loud wedding going on
late into the night with LOUD music and we called the front desk as did several other
people, and management took care of it immediately! It was simply a matter of
turning down the bass and closing an outer door that led into the courtyard which our
We loved the amenities of this hotel. The bathroom, although petite, is not that small
compared to a cruise ship bathroom. So to us it seemed like a spacious bathroom after
dealing with phone booth-sized shower stalls on the ship.
We ate at the restaurant downstairs which has the outdoor patio area. Can't remember
the name -- but we had two great dinners. Service was a bit slow, I must say. But it
afforded us a chance to just soak in the great views. We lucked out with 80 degree weather the entire trip.
This property is approx. a one-mile trip from Canada Place cruise terminal, and we
walked with our luggage all the way from there to this hotel.
We stayed here not even one week ago. We will go back to this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin