Stayed at the Westin Bayshore for a cousin's wedding for three days. Overall it was a very good stay but the Hotel is not perfect. Booked through priceline and got a great rate but in return they assign whatever rooms they desired. In an effort to obtain a room with a King sized bed, I faxed a letter kindly requesting just a King and some nice places to eat, etc. Normally I'm not picky but it was a special weekend for us so I made that request hoping they would help. Besides, two doubles is more "sellable" than a King anyways.
When I arrived, they advised the hotel was full and actually would have put me in a room with two doubles and after politely requesting again in person (this high-ranking hotel may have not gotten my letter?) they found a King room that needed to be cleaned, so we returned a few hours later - I wonder if the Hotel was really booked up, but nonetheless I was glad they accommodated. The service at the front desk is at par with your typical high-end hotel and they were accommodating.
The room was on the second floor of the main tower and was well furnished and nicely appointed (bathrobes are a nice touch). Our bed was exceptionally comfortable. The pools and exercise room are top notch and it definitely gives you a feeling of luxuriousness..
However, not to be nitpicky, but as a high-end hotel I did come in with great expectations. The room itself was a bit on the small side and the view was poor (the front veranda). We could hear the water go on/off and flush at night and if people in the hall were loud at night, the noise permeates through the doors. This is the type of hotel you come back to sleep at and not live in for the day; it is Vancouver after all, so the sights and sounds are what matter.
The mini-bar and restaurant's prices are quite pretentious for what you pay (ie. $5 for a bottle of water) so expect this coming in. The showers are beautiful and unique, but if you are a bath type person, this may not work for you. Also, the closets are actually in the washroom. And don't forget parking will cost you $26+ and if you self park the parkade is actually down the street. Also, internet will cost you! If you decide not to receive maid service, the Hotel will give you a voucher towards any restaurant, room service, etc. so we used this to offset the high costs of breakfast. A ton of restaurants and other amenities are nearby, even a Safeway so for cost-concious customers (not sure if this is the type who would stay at this hotel) there are a myriad of dining options.
Overall, aside from the points above, if you are looking for the experience of a high class hotel, this is a good choice. The location is top notch right by Stanley Park and the hotel does offer excellent amenities. It does become a money pit once you factor in your meals, mini-bar and parking though, but again I imagine this is the type of hotel that wants to cater to customers with such luxuries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin