“Business trip with amazing view”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beautiful location, great amenities, very clean. It rained every day (5 days) with only an occasional sun break. Despite the wet weather, this place was really nice. Staff very friendly helpful and accommodating. I was here for a conference and was very pleased. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms every day were nice and neat. I was not able to connect to the internet in my room even after contacting the help desk. That was okay because I was able to connect in the lobby, Starbucks and in the atrium area. Easy access to walking areas. Beautiful view of the bay and ships. I had breakfast one day in the buffet (breakfast restaurant) and it was delicious

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Pandita1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback online. I do apologize that you had trouble with your internet connection. We do offer both 24 hour and onsite support so I wish we could have assisted further. I’m glad you had a rejuvenating sleep in our Westin Heavenly bed. I hope you’ll come back our way again soon and we will try our best to find some sunshine for your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,300)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was here for a conference and arrived early in the morning on my check in date. I was amazed that they had a room available and allowed me to check in, this was great service far above what I would have expected. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is spectacular, on the harbour watching float planes land and cruise ships depart. Stanley park is mere meters away, wonderful for a run after a long day at lectures.

The conference facilities were well appointed and well stocked. The only negative about this hotel is the ridiculous charge for in room wi-fi. Although they do offer free wifi in the lobby this is a bit of a hassle. It's such a shame when restaurants and cafés offer free wifi that a hotel of this calibre can't do the same.

I would return in a heartbeat for the spectacular views and heavenly bed!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank calgarytrigirl

Dear calgarytrigirl,
Thank you so much for sharing your Westin Bayshore experience with other trip advisor readers. I’m so glad that you were able to enjoy an early arrival and that you could refresh each day in your room with the great scenery that our location boasts. I appreciate your feedback about the internet charges. Although we do charge for internet in guest rooms we have added a newer price option based on feedback such as yours. Guests can now choose a lower rated hourly fee if they don’ t require internet for the full duration of their stay
I hope that your travels will bring you back our way again soon. Be Well.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Very comfortable stay! The lobby and room smell like a spa! Just fresh up my days. Walking distance to stanley park, but very far to the shopping area. There are many good asian restaurants on Denman street.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank psimissu
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear psimissu,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I’m delighted that you loved our signature White Tea scent as much as we do. I hope that you’ll continue to choose us as your Vancouver hotel of choice!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I were both very pleased with this hotel. First, the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and in working order--these are simply minimum requirements for us both. The room was spacious and the view of the harbour was incredible. We didn't get a rental car as the tour bus companies all stopped right out front and took us every place we wanted to go. Also, the taxi service was fast and the Westin employees handled your bags from the front door into the taxi. The only con that I might mention is that the hallway to the room was in need of some paint and the carpet was beginning to show signs of wear. The hotel is used by the Princess Cruise Lines which is how we were fortunate enough to find this great hotel. Definitely would recommend.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony and a view of the harbour!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne S

Dear Wayne S,

I want to thank you and your wife for your positive recommendation. I’m delighted that Princess Cruises introduced you to us and hope that you’ll return. Thank you also for sharing your recommendations for areas that we can evolve. Your feedback is very meaningful to us.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We always stay here before an Alaska cruise on Princess. This is a beautiful, comfortable property with very good staff, great views and comfortable furnishings. Quiet sleeping rooms and nice restaurants on site add to the value of this property. Pricey but a great way to start a cruise.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cands2,
Thank you for choosing us to help get your cruise vacations started! You’re loyalty is very meaningful and we will look forward to welcoming you with our Heavenly beds and inspired staff before your next Alaskan cruise adventure!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin Bayshore twice, the latest was in June of 2013. The hotel has everything you could want, from a spa, indoor and outdoor pools, restaurant and bar, the best location in Vancouver, beautiful rooms, and last but not least, fantastic views. The hotel is very close to Stanley Park and the walkway around the harbor. You can walk to Stanley Park, the convention center, downtown, and to a million great restaurants. It is very close to bike rental shops where you can rent a bike and spend the day riding around and hanging out in Stanley Park. Lovely.

Room Tip: Go for a room on a higher floor to get the best views. The harbor views are wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear CruzNround,
We are so delighted that you have returned to us after your first experience. Thank you for sharing your consistent feedback with trip advisor readers. We truly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

First, let me mention that we usually stay in Westin in Asia and since Westin wants to build a name for itself here, their standard are much higher than in Canada or US in terms of room, so that probably increase our disappointment.

( i'm going to westin Kuala Lumpur in 2 days, so will see if I'm wrong on this).

This hotel has a superb situation in the middle of Vancouver and right by the harbor, magnificent view, right next to everything the op-on bus stops at the hotel, you can walk from there to Canada place and there is a super cool restaurant right in front on the left of the hotel, that we enjoyed every night. That about where it ends.

Rooms are large, but old style, with shower/bath holiday inn type bathroom, 32 inch tv, nothing more. The service is polite, but you wait to check-in, you can wait forever to see or talk to the concierge. The room cleaning forgot to do our room and we we asked to have it done at 4h00 pm we were asked if we really wanted it to be done ! duuuuh yes at 300$ a night we would like to have our room damn clean.

You get two bottle of water in a room, your 3 or 4 people in the room and you paid for it you won't get an extra bottle of water with it, you'll pay for it. Internet is not included and charged at horrendous price, guys in 2013 wake up internet is free in a coffee shop with a 4$ coffee it should be included with a 300$ a night room! Can't believe it, it is always the most expensive hotel that charge you for internet!

The pool is great, nice little bar/restaurant next to it, serves you a margarita at 13$ or 16$, worst drink I ever had, I was shown that it shouldn't be that bad since the mix they use is from a cheap carton bottle both at grocery store. The whole is serve in the cheapest tinny plastic glass. Now you're going to tell me it's to go on the side of a pool and I'll say sure but now a day you go great beautiful plastic ware that looks like the real thing. You,re in a "5 stars" hotel" you pay a 5 stars price, make it on site, fresh, in a nice glass, this is simple business. Hey we solved the problem and went to that small bar right next to the hotel service is great and drinks are good.

No restaurant in the Hotel except for breakfast that I have seen.

So summary : Location great, room just ok, service very good but can be long to get access. Everything from bar to restaurant to internet around your stay below standards.

Hope it helps you make your choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pierre Marc G

Dear Pierre- Marc L,
I’m truly disappointed that you found your experience to be disappointing. I appreciate the details that you have shared here and want to ensure you that we will review them. We truly value opportunities to grow and evolve. I do hope that you will continue to remain loyal to Westin hotels and that should you travels bring you back to Vancouver I hope you’ll choose the Westin Bayshore again so that you may have an instinctive and exceptional experience like so many other trip advisor reviewers.