After growing up in the Pacific Northwest and driving by the very prominent Westin Bayshore Inn on my many trips to Vancouver, but never having had the opportunity to stay there while I lived in the northwest, but after having moved away many years ago, I finally got the chancel this past week.
What I found was a hotel whose outer shell still has vestiges of its 1960's beginnings but whose interior appointment were completely re-fashioned into very elegant and modern experience. Warm, and inviting use of beach, maple or birchwood finishes with warm and rich marbles and granite floors, this hotel is superb in many aspects.
The view from my 2nd floor room was a pleasant vista of the nearby marina and a japanese style pond. The mountains North of the City were also clearly visible and the overall atmosphere was exquisite. The marketing claim for the bed is "heavenly" and I'd have to agree with that assessment.
The main thing I found that could be improved was the shower experience. You had to reach through the overhead rain shower to adjust the temperature. So you're guaranteed to get a cold rain starting your shower.
I feel I got a 4 star hotel for close to a 3 star price during my stay so I feel that "relatively" good values are available at this resort. The restaurant service for breakfast was good but very pricey but I soon discovered that all restaurants in downtown Vancouver are very pricey so might as well enjoy it there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin