“Nice”

Ranked #23 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
El Centro CA
“Nice”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We are at this hotel right now waiting to board our cruise ship to Alaska. Very nice rooms. Excellent wifi. Fast elevators. Very limited wine selection in the bar is our only complaint. Excellent buffet breakfast. From our room You can see the air taxi pontoon planes taking off in the harbor. Starbucks on site.

Room Tip: Nice walk ways along the waterfront.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear farmernorm,
Thank you for taking the time on your pre-cruise vacation to share your experience. We are delighted that you are starting this adventure with us and hope you’ll have a truly exhilarating vacation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Vancouver, my last destination on my vacation to Alaska, and Canada. I only wish I had more time to see all the marvels this city have to offer.This is a city that deserves several days to admire. Best of all it's people are so hospitable. I was given a room, with wall to wall and ceiling to floor views of the bay, park and skyline. Very large rooms. The best rest in this so comfortable bed, and luxurious pillows, after a long trip in not so comfortable beds!!! Service, could not be better, the best location in town, specially if you are taking a cruise ship afterwards. Very near to many restaurants, and bars. The best neighborhood in town. Go for the best!

Room Tip: Sometimes it's better to spent a little more money, and have the best, than trying to save some...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Francisco V
Dear Francisco V,
Thank you for sharing your personal experience. We wish you could have stayed longer with us also! Im delighted that you loved our Westin Heavenly bed for your nightly escape. We are quite fortunate to be surrounded by such inspired scenery and I’m glad that you found it exhilarating too. We hope your travels will bring you back our way again someday.
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in May for a conference. We were very pleased with the hotel's location, as it was right on the seawall and a few minutes away from the entrance to Stanley Park. It was also walking distance to most of downtown. The room was really nice. Our only complaint was the lack of a shower door, which caused water to get all over the floor every morning. Other than that, the room was great. The main areas of the hotel were nice, but nothing spectacular. The breakfast was outrageously expensive, so it was a good thing that there was a Starbucks in the hotel. We liked their environmental program that allowed us to not have housekeeping for our stay and instead get vouchers to the on-site stores and restaurants. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear JessicaJoy
Thank you for sharing your feedback with trip advisor readers. I’d delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your experience with us this spring. Your feedback is very meaningful to us and helps us continue in our efforts to create exceptional experiences for all guests. I’m also pleased that you found the Make A Green Choice program to suit your personal needs for this stay also. I hope you’ll both continue to choose the Westin Bayshore for your Vancouver experiences.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Westin Bayshore is a wonderful hotel located in a prime spot next to Stanley Park and the wonderful restaurants and waterfront seawall. The hotel has been around for years and has ongoing upgrades so rooms are very clean, comfortable. Stay in the Tower with view of the harbour if it is available.

My only regret is the hotel restaurant in the main building is no longer open for dinner and evening cocktails. It does have an excellent buffet breakfast but I miss the ambiance of dinner and drinks from years past.

Room Tip: Tower with views of Harbour.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Seattle52,
Thank you for your inspired review of your Westin Bayshore experience. We are truly delighted that you continue to make us your hotel of choice in Vancouver. We currently have 2 outlets for guests dining in our hotel. Currents Restaurant is open of breakfast with a tremendous buffet and a la carte options. Seawall Bar and Grill remains open for both lunch and dinner and poolside refreshments. I hope you’ll have an opportunity to try these options or our 24 hour in room dining on your next visit!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Fantastic hotel. Although older than some of the newer hotels the position is unrivalled. The staff were exceptionally helpful and polite, particularly James and Nathan in the Sea Wall Restaurant.

Only drawback is that the hotel welcomes dogs, but this is apparently normal for the area, but we did have a particularly yappy dog near us, although this was for only one night.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Nearby is Cardero's which is a good place to visit for food as is also The Lift, both very close to the hotel.

Vancouver is a fabulous city and but for the travel and 8 hour time difference we would go every year.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view, ours was on the 6th floor and was excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PRS839
Dear PRS839,
Thank you for sharing your comments with trip advisor readers. I truly appreciate your personal recognition of James and Nathan and have shared your kind words with them and the rest of our teams. I hope you’ll have an opportunity to return as our guests again soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great & friendly check-in service, even though it was fully booked. Beautiful foyer & great meeting facilities. Nice pool with bar service. Good gym. ON the Harbour front walkway that goes to Stanley Park in one direction, Gas Town in the other, so fabulous for running/walking. Easy to walk to fun spots & MANY good restaurants. Great linens/bed. Timely (albeit expensive) room service. The hallways TO the rooms look old but that is out of place with the remainder of the hotel, & the rooms are up to date & clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear MumJakeShy,
Thank you for sharing your personal experience from your visit with us at the Westin Bayshore. I’m delighted that your experience was a positive escape and thank you for your kind words about our inspired staff. I hope you’ll come back again soon!
Montreal
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a conference and I choose the property for its location on Denman street , the indoor pool and the Heavenly Bed.

After a great experience at check at the Ottawa Westin, I was set aback by the unwelcoming experience at the Westin Byashore: there is no room available for the moment - I had a registration-, come back later - I was not the only one that had to do this- I did not feel special even if I am a SPG member. When I came back, I was coldly sent to another desk.
Check out was a bit better.

The location is great, a 15 minutes walk to downtown throughout the seawall, 10 minutes from the restaurants on Denman and Robson, 10 minutes walk from Stanley park.

The hotel is large, with a low rise older portion and a newer tower.
I was in the old portion . The rooms and bathroom are renovated Westin Style. The corridors looked sad and tired.

No complaint about the room and bathroom. I had no problem with the aircrafts but I am used to them

Inside pool is great. I did not tried the outside one or the gym.

Breakfast is expensive - about 30 $ and the lady that served me would had fitted more in a dinner than in a 4 stars hotel. The breakfast by itself was pretty good .However there are plenty of coffee shops, restaurants around and you can walk to the Safeway on Denman for food.

I would probably stay again for the location of the hotel. The only other hotel around is the Coast on Comox and Denman

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear GMforever,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience. I appreciate your personal comments and truly apologize that some of your staff interactions sound inconsistent with the exceptional service that we pride ourselves in. I appreciate your providing this feedback so that we can continue to grow and provide refreshed experiences for our guests. I hope you’ll continue to chose us for your Vancouver travels!