I stayed at the Bayshore to run the Vancouver Marathon, and there were mostly highs and a few lows for this purpose, but all in all, a great stay. The hotel is clean and bright and this location for vacationers and sightseers is excellent. A bus to the Capilano Suspension Bridge stops outside every 15 minutes or so...
The seawall is a great place to run or walk, and it is right out your back door.You can take the path to beautiful Stanley Park and visit the aquarium, or just people watch.
The views from the small balconies are breathtaking, and can consume a lot of time, as the activity never stops around this area. From sea planes to cruise ships to rowing crews, there is always something to see.
The hotel itself is quiet, and the 'Heavenly' beds of the Westin chain are just that. And so, the night before the marathon, I had a great sleep. The hotel had an empty fridge for me too, and this is an amazing bonus, as any destination runner can attest.
The hotel did not provide any shuttle to the race, and weren't really aware that the run was happening. The SkyTrain terminal is about 2 kilometers from the hotel, and the last thing you want to do is walk or run another 2 k on top of the distance you are about to cover. I did manage to grab a taxi with some other runners, so was able to get to the start line in plenty of time.
The staff were friendly, the hotel was clean and attractive, the price was about what I expected to pay, and the location is great for all things except the marathon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin