“Great Staff & Location!”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Seattle, Washington
“Great Staff & Location!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here one night between cruises..

The front desk staff was so very friendly and eager to share information on what Vancouver has to offer.

The location was perfect! Nice views of the water and marina.

The beds are some of the best I've ever slept in. Especially after being on a cruise ship.

One of the pluses for me was there were plenty of places to plug in all your electronics and the desk was arranged to look out the window to take advantage of the incredible views.

If there was any negative it was the shower. It has one of those straight down facing rain heads and no way to keep the water from splashing out into the bathroom area. Not really a big deal but just seems like something that could have been a little better thought out..

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ken F
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Ken F,
Thank you so much for your delightful review. We are thrilled to welcome many guests such as yourself who are about to enjoy a cruise. We are really inspired by the adventures that our guests share with us.
I’m so glad that you shared the luxury of our signature “heavenly bed” with trip advisor readers. Our beds truly are ideal for a refreshing escape! I hope your travels will bring you back to us again some day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (810)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very nice location, on the water. Lots of restaurants close-by, in the heart of downtown.
Service is very good, nothing to complain about. Rooms are quite nice and comfortable, although a better bathtub curtain and a more powerful hairdryer would help...
Restaurants in the hotel is pricey and just ok. Breakfast is good, but like the hotel itself, not exactly economical.

Recommended for the great people and the good location

1 Thank DanielDP
Dear DanielDP,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with trip advisor readers. I appreciate your suggestions and hope that we will be able to delight in having you back as our guest again in the near future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a conference in the same building - what a stroke of luck! The location is on the edge of the city, but only a 10 minute walk from downtown, and all the better for its proximity to the harbour, Stanley Park, and the funky scene on Denman Street.

My room was large and comfortable, with two huge beds, and a good sized bathroom. I was on the top floor and had a wonderful view across the harbour. It is worth pointing out, however, that the first room I was allocated, on the fourth floor, was described as having a 'city view' but did in fact just look straight out onto an adjacent building, so I would have been much less happy if I'd stayed there. But when I asked to move the woman at the front desk did so without complaint. In this and all other dealings I had with the staff they were friendly, professional, and helpful.

The wi-fi was fast and reliable, and the room was quiet. I don't know how much either of them cost as someone else was paying :-) The breakfast looked very good, but was not included and was extremely expensive, but there are several nearby cafes where one can eat fairly cheaply. The hotel has a so-called 'green' scheme which involves accepting a $5 starbucks card or hotel points in return for not having one's room cleaned. I went for the money so had a free coffee and muffin one morning from the starbucks in the lobby.

I highly recommend the bike ride round Stanley Park, stopping off at one of the beaches around the perimeter, and there are loads of good restaurants nearby. All in all a great place to stay, and I will certainly try to stay there again next time I'm in Vancouver.

Room Tip: If you are allocated a 'city view' room make sure it is high up, but harbour view is much be...
1 Thank climate_criminal
Dear climate_criminal
Thank you so much for your delightful review of your recent experience at the Westin Bayshore. It's truly our pleasure to welcome guests such as yourself. Thank you for sharing your kind words about our staff. It is my pleasure to share feedback such as yours with our team of passionate associates. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Vancouver that you will continue to chose the Westin Bayshore as your preferred hotel!
Dallas
Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you don't enjoy the sound of finger nails on chalk boards, then you will likely have trouble staying at the Westin Bayshore Hotel. Whenever the central air conditioner comes on, a bad bearing in the unit makes a squeal you can hear for blocks around.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Thomas P
Heather G, Front Office Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Tom P,
The experience that you are describing here is certainly not standard and not the experience that we delight in providing our guests. In order to ensure that any issue with the air conditioning unit in your recent guest room is resolved I would very much appreciate if you could contact me directly at heather.guay@westin.com. We strive for ideal guest experience and appreciate your feedback so that we can rectify any problem.
Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were here for a combination vacation and conference. Everything about the stay was excellent. The only downfall was the limited hours of the concierge desk. The location overlooking the harbor was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Naranja 10
Thank you very much for your positive review of your recent experience with us. Its great to see that you enjoyed both work and pleasure during your visit. I appreciate your feedback about our concierge hours. As we approach a busier tourist season we will certainly be extending those hours and at any time any other member of our Westin Bayshore team would be happy to assist with concierge needs that might arise.
We hope work or vacation will bring you back for a visit again soon Naranja10!
Delisle, saskatchewan
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Westin Bayshore Vancouver for 5 days while I was at a conference. Since the latest expose' on hotels and their cleanliness I have purchased a CSI light more for giggles but it turns out to be helpful. The staff at this hotel was the most helpful friendly staff of any hotel I have stayed in recently. It can be a bit pricey but you need to take a good look at where you are. On the water in the bay, is beautiful and if you are lucky enough to get a ocean view it is worth it. The Hotel is more a business hotel so there is no water slide and splash pool for family wknds but it was so relaxing for my wife and I , the pool is small but efficient, the hot tub is HOT, and soothes the sore muscles from walking , anywhere you walk is uphill. lol. Seldom many if anyone else in the pool when we stayed. The restaraunt has very good food and reasonably priced or at least competative with the rest of Vancouver. The cleaning staff is very freindly never passing you without smiling and asking how your day was or if they can get you something for your room ?? This is where I tried the light, my room was absolutley spottles, the bathroom literally sparkled in the light and was spottles under my light. I was impressed. The hotel is situated so close to all the great down town restaraunts and shopping was a matter of getting in a cab or a water taxi or ferry to go to Grandville island,aor where ever you choose, the sky train is also available. The staff professional, the hotel emaculate, the food great, the atmosphere is incredible. Walks along the ocean front steps from your hotel. Paradise. We will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean view when reserving.!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin C
Wow thank you very much for all of your positive feedback Kevin C! We truly appreciate your sharing this experience with Trip Advisor readers and we are delighted to know that we were able to inspire you during your recent stay with us. Our team and the Westin Bayshore very much look forward to your return…we certainly feel that we have a little bit of Paradise too!
montréal
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed there for a meeting. You can have a water view as well as one of the snow capped coastal mountains. It allows access to a boardwalk as well as easy access to wonderful Stanley Park where you can walk or run at your leisure with a beautiful backdrop. The rooms are comfortable and big enough.but not spectacular. There is a special emphasis on healthy eating at the restaurant but you can get pretty much anything you'd like. Service is excellent. My first choice if I want to stay in downtown Vancouver.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a by view. Its worth it.
Dear Llegault,
Thank you for your loyalty and for continuing to make the Westin Bayshore your hotel of choice in Vancouver. I’m glad that you were able to both grown at your meeting and refresh in the hotel and restaurant. We truly look forward to welcoming you back both to the hotel and in our restaurant Seawall Bar and Grill!