We stayed here on Remembrance Day as a bit of a treat to ourselves and we booked through Hotwire. We were really pleased that when we phoned ahead to make sure we got a king sized room, unlike other 4 star hotels in the area, they were happy to accommodate us. Since we booked through hotwire, our view wasn't the fancy view that everyone posts pictures of. We could see the pool, but it was still a decent view because we were high enough to see some of coal harbour.
The location is a little out of the way if you want to be downtown. It's about a 20 minute walk away from Waterfront station. It was pouring rain when I stayed here and the hotel supplied me with a nice big complimentary umbrella which was great as I was prepared to cough up $20 to buy one.
The room itself was lovely and the bathroom was amazing. The bed was nice and big and comfy. The only problem is, like some reviewers have already mentioned, is that the rooms have very little sound proofing. At least in the old tower. Normally I don't think this would have been a problem with most hotel guests, but we were unlucky in our neighbours. At 2:30am they were still talking at what must have seemed to them at a normal volume but to us trying to sleep it was very loud. The sound proofing was so bad that we could even hear them rifling through their shopping bags. We called them and asked them to be quiet, which they were for a few minutes and then quickly got loud again. Around 3:00am we called down to the front desk to ask them to do something about it because we couldn't get any sleep. It was also then that we started to smell the cigar smoke which was coming into our room through the adjoining door. This was not awesome as 1) these are non-smoking rooms and 2) I am allergic to smoke and get bad nosebleeds because of it.
The security guard came up and told them to be quiet and to put out the cigars, which they were surprised about but quickly were quiet and the smoke went away. We appreciated the quick response the hotel gave us and also the handwritten note from the on duty manager who apologized and comped us our valet parking. However, it was something we could have dealt without as it was our first weekend together since my husband had been away with work. I would have happily given this hotel the 5/5 rating if soundproofing had not been an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, getaroom.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin