I finally had an opportunity to stay the Westin Bayshore again. The last time I was here was in 1994. Needless to say, it has since been revamped and upgraded. Located right on Coal Harbour, the Bayshore is only 2 blocks from Robson Street and 2 blocks from Denman Street, easy walking distance to shopping and eating. The front desk was superb at check-in, very friendly and helpful, courteous. The valet parking personnel were also very nice and efficient. Special requests to the room were handled expediently. I wanted real glass to drink from (they only provide plastic cups, which is a peeve of mine because it feels cheap) and I also needed a bandage for a small cut.
I always sleep well at a Westin in the Heavenly Bed. I don't even want to get up for meetings in the morning!
They now offer extra Starwood points or $5 off meals if you choose not to have housekeeping services on a daily basis, which was nice. The day I did decide to have housekeeping come in and take away used towels and clean up, the service was okay, just minimal. Cups were not restocked and the carpet was not vacuumed. I should have just not had them come in and accumulate the extra points on my account.
The tower rooms with the water view are spectacular. You can watch seaplanes taking off and landing. Yachts and boats with Christmas lights were cruising around as well. Stanley Park and the Coast Mountains were in the background. It was worth paying a couple of dollars more for the view.
I would definitely recommend the Westin Bayshore to people visiting Vancouver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the shores of Coal Harbour, overlooking historic 1,000-acre Stanley Park via its picturesque seawall and the North Shore Mountains, the hotel offers you the best of both worlds: an invigorating urban lifestyle and a relaxing resort-like experience. The hotel's 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. Our location on the water is unparalleled and will provide you with a one-of-a-kind West Coast experience, with downtown's thriving epicenter just blocks away and a variety of nearby shops, restaurants and cafes. The resort-inspired property features Vida Wellness full service spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a pleasing variety of restaurants and lounges. Signature offerings include the Westin Heavenly Bed and Bath, WestinWORKOUT and RunWESTIN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Westin Bayshore Vancouver
- Westin Vancouver
- Vancouver Westin