“Where's the internet?”

The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Ranked #21 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our night at the Westin Bayshore. We had previously stayed at a Westin a few years age in Seattle. Again, we found the hotel to be very nice, and the view from the 17th floor King room with step out balcony was beautiful, and the bed very comfortable. For me, Starbucks in every room is the icing. I do have one complaint- no free internet access, not even form the business center. It seems that everyone is skimping these days. Unfortunately, it leaves me hesitant about staying again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I were on route to Quebec and arranged for a 2 night stop over from New Zealand. This was our first time in Canada and it was a very positive experience. We had a tower room on one of the lower floors but this did not matter as view was impressive. One of the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a hotel ever. Not so impressed with the overhead shower however - I guess personal preference. Service was excellent. The only slight disappointment was that this was our 30th wedding anniversary and although I had notified the hotel of this fact there was no acknowledgment on our arrival which would have been nice. In years gone by we have had surprising welcomes from other hotels when his has occurred. Only a minor point however and did not spoil the overall experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Bayshore for 3 nights in September and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located right on Coal Harbour on bike paths and walkways along the harbour with several nearby ocean side restaurants and pubs, walking distance to Stanley Park, Robson St restaurants, Canada Place and the downtown shopping area albeit that's a bit further. We had a deluxe room located in the new tower .. the room was very nice with a "small" balcony, and great views of Coal Harbour, Stanley Park and the marina. The hotel consists of an older section and a newer tower .. I understand the older original section of the hotel has been recently renovated but we didn't see those rooms .. regardless I'd recommend a room in the tower .. high quality and great views!! In order to get our bearings we booked on the coach city tour which was very good .. a drop off and get back on style of tour which stops at most of the tourist sites .. Stanley Park, Canada Place, China Town, YaleTown, several museums, Granville Island and more .. a great introduction to a beautiful city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DWBCalgary
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Only stayed one evening, but hotel was in an excellent location and had a view of the harbour and pool. Room was very clean and had the typical Westin linens/towels. The staff was very friendly and professional. There is a walking path around the harbour and enjoyed the scenery along the trail watching the pontoon boats take off and land, and get plenty of pictures of the unique floating homes. Convenient walk to the Olympic Cauldron and shopping. We had dinner at Seawall Bar and Grill at the hotel which was very good, but expensive. Breakfast was a buffet and had more food than we could eat. You can also order off the menu. Only issue was the elevator being very busy and had to wait several trips. Wonderful property, expensive, but well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed our tower room. We overlooked the harbour and Stanley park. I found this hotel very expensive and absolutely everything else has a charge. At this price a continental breakfast should be included.The tower is a long walk from the lobby but close to a side door that put you right on the harbour. Great walking around there, but there are less expensive places within a short distance. Westin does a good job and you pay for that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bayshore Westin has a wonderful location if one is not too concerned about a 20-minute walk to the shopping centre in Vancouver. Most rooms have a beautiful view of either harbour/mariner or mountains. The cheaper rooms get a view of the convention centre - so beware. I have stayed at the Bayshore on and off and found that I could overlook the drab corridors, the tacky news store, the over-priced breakfast, and the indifferent food in the bistro because Bayshore is surrounded by restaurants in every price range, and a brisk walk around the seawall can make one forget the rather unattractive 'shops' in the hotel. My last visit was fine except for one misunderstanding. I paid for the room but went to have coffee before packing. The reception told my ride that I had left the hotel already. So be very clear when leaving instructions!

Room Tip: If one can afford it, ask for a room not looking at the convention block or car park. And prepare to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Bad experience. I stayed at this hotel with friends for two nights. The room is so overpriced for what it offers. Staff service is mediocre. The lobby is big but half of the seats are marked with a sign that said (keep off). What is the point to have lobby furniture that no one can use. We ate at the restaurant, the food was really bad and service was awful. Never going back to this property.

Room Tip: You need a room with a view otherwise don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank M2266
Management R, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear M2266,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Our deepest apologies for your recent stay. The lobby tables were marked that way due to a film shoot that was taking place, we did not mean to have less seating in our lobby area. Our restaurants usually provide wonderful service and food, so we are eager to hear what the dissatisfaction was. Please feel free to reach out to our Manager of Restaurants & Bars, Robert Hawkins, at robert.hawkins@westin.com, so he can better understand the service elements.
Also, feel free to contact me, heather.guay@westin.com , as I would like to assist in having you return to our hotel.

Heather Guay