The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
$249
$300
$269
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$236
$366
$355
Travelocity
3,401 results
All reviewsstanley parktower roommain buildingcoal harbouroutdoor poolheavenly bedsea wallself parkingbike rentalsharbour viewbeautiful hotelamazing locationcanada placedenman streethotel restaurantconvention centerseawall
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Only stayed one evening, but hotel was in an excellent location and had a view of the harbour and pool. Room was very clean and had the typical Westin linens/towels. The staff was very friendly and professional. There is a walking path around the harbour and enjoyed the scenery along the trail watching the pontoon boats take off and land, and get plenty of pictures of the unique floating homes. Convenient walk to the Olympic Cauldron and shopping. We had dinner at Seawall Bar and Grill at the hotel which was very good, but expensive. Breakfast was a buffet and had more food than we could eat. You can also order off the menu. Only issue was the elevator being very busy and had to wait several trips. Wonderful property, expensive, but well worth it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed our tower room. We overlooked the harbour and Stanley park. I found this hotel very expensive and absolutely everything else has a charge. At this price a continental breakfast should be included.The tower is a long walk from the lobby but close to a side door that put you right on the harbour. Great walking around there, but there are less expensive places within a short distance. Westin does a good job and you pay for that.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Bayshore Westin has a wonderful location if one is not too concerned about a 20-minute walk to the shopping centre in Vancouver. Most rooms have a beautiful view of either harbour/mariner or mountains. The cheaper rooms get a view of the convention centre - so beware. I have stayed at the Bayshore on and off and found that I could overlook the drab corridors, the tacky news store, the over-priced breakfast, and the indifferent food in the bistro because Bayshore is surrounded by restaurants in every price range, and a brisk walk around the seawall can make one forget the rather unattractive 'shops' in the hotel. My last visit was fine except for one misunderstanding. I paid for the room but went to have coffee before packing. The reception told my ride that I had left the hotel already. So be very clear when leaving instructions!

Room Tip: If one can afford it, ask for a room not looking at the convention block or car park. And prepare to dine outside the hotel - much better choices.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Bad experience. I stayed at this hotel with friends for two nights. The room is so overpriced for what it offers. Staff service is mediocre. The lobby is big but half of the seats are marked with a sign that said (keep off). What is the point to have lobby furniture that no one can use. We ate at the restaurant, the food was really bad and service was awful. Never going back to this property.

Room Tip: You need a room with a view otherwise don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank M2266
Management R, Manager at The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear M2266,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Our deepest apologies for your recent stay. The lobby tables were marked that way due to a film shoot that was taking place, we did not mean to have less seating in our lobby area. Our restaurants usually provide wonderful service and food, so we are eager to hear what the dissatisfaction was. Please feel free to reach out to our Manager of Restaurants & Bars, Robert Hawkins, at robert.hawkins@westin.com, so he can better understand the service elements.
Also, feel free to contact me, heather.guay@westin.com , as I would like to assist in having you return to our hotel.

Heather Guay
Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The location of the hotel is great. Located near Coal Harbour, it easily walk able to downtown and can be reached by buses.

Check-in was done by Cindy. She was fantastic and noted I had booked a 2 double bedded room and wanted a king bedded room. I had presented my SPG card and since I wanted a king bed, she upgraded me from traditional room to a deluxe city view room. When I got to my room, not only did I get a view of the city, I had a fantastic view of the harbour. I also could see the fantastic outdoor pool from room as well. I was very happy about this and thankful for great customer service to upgrade me.

The customer service at this hotel was always friendly, approachable and helpful.

The room was large and had huge windows which opened onto a small balcony. The tower wing is much taller than main wing so has better views from higher floors. It had its great king sized heavenly bed. The bathroom had a double shower only. This was nice and bathroom was of a good size. Only downside was wifi was chargeable in the room. There is complimentary wifi in the lobby.

Overall I like this hotel and would choose it again. I would recommend this to others.

Room Tip: Room 1380 was a corner room in tower wing. Recommend rooms ending in 80 as you get a corner room with a view of city and harbour.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo