“1 of the best hotels i have stayed in”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 19, 2010

i book this hotel when i was visting friends in canada as we styed on vancover island we wanted to stay closer to the airport on are last night so was looking throw expidia and spoted this hotel and from past experance of coming to vancover i new it was in a good location it in placed right above the picific center mall and very naer robson street for shoping the concerge staff are very help full the aranged a privet car to take us to the air port from the hotel i would advis this as it is a fixed rate not like a cab and is atually the same price or lees so you might as well travel in styel next time we viset canada i think we will be staying there again such a memberal stay any questions please get in touch will be happy to help

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had an excellent stay at the Four Seasons, Vancouver. First of all we were greeted by very friendly hotel staff who offered us a very nice upgrade to a suite with an excellent view. The Four Seasons was one of the nicer hotels in the downtown area that had a great location in the center of everything. I also enjoyed the complimentary fitness class that they provide.

Tip: You can self-park in the parking lot at Pacific Place instead of through the hotel to save on the hotel taxes.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Stayed here as a last resort, but saw the Four Seasons name and thought I'd pay that bit extra for a couple of nights stay, was I disappointed. Had a very large room, with a nice city view on the 23rd floor, however the minibar was locked and there was no coffee maker, I'd just paid over 300 dollars a night and no coffee when i wake up!!!!
Also the plumbing was bloody awful, I knew when my neighbours brushed their teeth, flushed the loo etc and the beds were back breaking, i have never had such a bad nights sleep, the beds are so soft it was like sleeping on a marshmallow. I was crippled in the morning!
Also the car park was underneath the hotel, but you had to drive around the block to get into it after stopping outside reception, sorry but I'm not paying another 30 dollars for valet parking when i can do it myself, also if you get a room at the front expect a lot of building noise from the new condo thats been going up for the last couple of years, this hotel is facing the Metropolitan Hotel, dont bother with hotels either until the building work has been finished. Would I stay at this Hotel again, no way, check out the Le Soleil on hornby street its ten times better than this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I have stayed three times at the Four Seasons in Vancouver over the last couple of years. As a Four Seasons property, the rooms are comfortable and quiet. The lobby areas and YEW restaurant are also well maintained and very good. However, each time I stay, I always comment to myself that this was good and not great. I guess the disconnect I have is that the hotel and experience is similar to staying at a Westin however I am paying Four Seasons rates and have Four Seasons expectations. It is hard to put my finger on it but let me give an example. I have two deluxe rooms with my family that are connecting. Remember, these are deluxe and above their superior category but not a suite. The rooms are relatively basic and comfortable but nothing extraordinary from any four star hotel. The bathrooms are small in each room with a bathtub/shower combination as opposed to a separate shower stall. The counter in the bathroom is only big enough for one person at a time so my wife and I trade off getting ready in the morning. Again, everything is clean and works but is is average. Another example, today we got back at 3:40 in the afternoon after having left the hotel at 9:30 in the morning. Neither of our rooms were made up so I had to call housekeeping to get it done. They responded rapidly but is it too much to expect that this would not be necessary at a Four Seasons? Finally, when we travel with kids the nicer hotels normally send up a small treat such as cookies and milk. Other Four Seasons do this along with other top tier hotels. Not at the this Four Seasons. Do my kids need this? No. Would it be a nice touch? Yes it would. That is why I say that this Four Seasons is very good but not great. Within the range of Four Seasons properties, I would put this hotel towards the bottom and in the same league as a better Westin or Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SurLeNil
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I have stayed at many hotels around the world (including other Four Seasons' properties) and was shocked at the complete lack of customer service. Fore alarm went off at 5:00am and no one apologized -- there was no fire. The bill included a breakfast we did not eat and they were unable to remove it at check out. Lastly, at a time when wireless is available at most hotels for free, they continue to charge. I suggest the Pan Pacific or Fairmont.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malthus500
Reviewed September 2, 2010

The hotel did not meet the high standards you normally expect from a Four Seasons Hotel the rooms are dated and the hotel urgently needs a refurbishment.
Service was mostly good, at braekfast one day I had to wait for ages, not good if you have to be at a business meeting on time.
Food was very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I should have listened to the reviews on Trip Advisor and stayed at one of the higher ranked hotels. If you have stayed at other Four Seasons properties, this one will be disappointing. When I travel for leisure and can afford a splurge, I try to stay at a five-star place like the Four Seasons. You expect a certain amount of luxury. This property was not luxurious by Four Seasons standards.

We arrived and had requested a quiet room near the end of a hallway and on a higher floor. We were assigned a room on the tope floor, but it was located directly across from the stairwell and the ice vending machine. It was not quiet in the least. When I asked for a different room, I was told that I could upgrade for $100 more/night. No way!

The room was nice and the bed very comfortable, but it was just really nice. It was nothing special. We had stayed at a Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge the weekend prior, and I would say it was nicer than our Four Seasons room. We were thankful to move on from the Four Seasons to our next stop in Seattle. At the Grand Hyatt there, we were provided an amazing room that far outstripped the Four Seasons in terms of luxury. And in terms of value, there was no comparison.

The Four Seasons is in a great location, but on a future trip to Vancouver, I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple