“Felt like I was coming home”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed at the Four Seasons, Vancouver in the past for work, so it felt like home when I returned. This time, I was there for 2 weeks. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, and it was easy to get to where I had to for work.
The room was lovely, well maintained. My boyfriend arrived on the weekend, and it was spacious enough for the two of us. I didn't realize that there was a personalized postcard in the room until a few days into my stay, and it was a nice touch.
The gym is small, but great for a hotel. It didn't have everything that we needed, but enough for us to make alternative routines.
The staff were super friendly. I have to mention the one host at the concierge desk, Susana...she always had a smile on her face, and was always willing to help. She was super personable...she made us feel welcomed and always followed up with us on requests that we had the previous nights.
I also spoke to Mara, who made reservations for us at the Sandbar. After we settled in and ordered our dinner, appetizer appeared before our eyes...compliments from Mara at the hotel.
I can go on about how much I enjoy staying at the Four Seasons, but at the end of the day, its the staff that make the hotel that much better.
I am looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear mchong5619,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to mix both work and pleasure during your visit to Vancouver. It is so wonderful to hear that our concierge staff really made your stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming back to your ‘home away from home’ at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I would normally prefer a waterfront location, but this was fully booked this time. It was ok for a short business trip.
In exchange one is closer to shopping and business. For good views look for rooms higher up, and on the corner.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear HerbertMeier,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your breakfast experience was not up to standards. We try to provide a variety of breakfast options for our guests and I am pleased to tell you that in addition to our regular breakfast menu, we recently extended our weekend breakfast buffet to include week days as well.

Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Vancouver!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The indoor/outdoor pool was a hit! We went twice a day. Being so centrally located we walked to dinner every night, and it only took us 10 or so minutes to get to the Aquarium. I would highly recommend the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver to anyone, in any circumstance. What a great stay!!

Dear DPBELLEVUE,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed the pool and that you got to experience the wonderful Vancouver Aquarium! I have to agree about our location; we are extremely lucky to have so many activities, restaurants and shops just beyond our doorstep.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver on your next visit!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

2nd Four Seasons hotel of our vacation.

Everything was up to usual FS standards, great location, staff and service. Front of house team were really helpful, Cole in particular stood out for efficient, friendly and genuinely helpful hints and advice.

By comparison with Whistler FS;
- rooms smaller, a little less grand and a little more tired as might be expected of a city centre retreat.
- spa/pool/gym area needs a refresh but the kids loved the indoor-to-outdoor pool.
- Yew restaurant is great for coffee, drinks and formal dining.

Dear Matt H,

What a great trip you must have had to experience both Whistler and Vancouver! I am thrilled that you and your children had so much fun in our indoor and outdoor pool, it really is a terrific way to spend time with the kids.

As one of the original Four Seasons properties we realize we are not the youngest kid on the block but with several renovations in the last few years as well as ongoing improvements, we strive to meet the needs of our discerning guests.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we hope to have the priveledge of serving you again the next time you are visiting Vancouver!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

The people make the difference: from arrival to departure, everyone we encountered was friendly, efficient, and helpful. The rooms were nice, although nothing exceptional - smaller by a noticeable amount than the Airport Fairmont that we stayed at previously. The fitness areas was wonderful - great pool, modern workout equipment, and space - and even fitness trainers with
scheduled classes + fresh fruited waters, and apples/bananas.

Dear todd g,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. It is so fantastic to hear that our staff gave you such a warm welcome and that you were able to take full advantage of our amenities including the pool and fitness area. I agree that the indoor/outdoor pool is a wonderful way to spend your leisure time. I will let you know that we offer a variety of different room sizes and would be happy to show you some bigger room types next time you are in Vancouver.

Thank you again for your kind comments, we hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver for many future stays.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had not stayed at this location for many years but as my usual hotel was full I stayed here for a three day business trip. I was very pleasantly surprised as to how well the hotel has held up. The rooms are beautiful and the work space is effective. Great bed. The 27th floor room had a wonderful view.

Front desk staff were superb in their service, efficiency and friendliness. Hotel location is central and convenient. Restaurant/bar has quality food and service but is somewhat noisy.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher, the better

Dear Harry J,

Welcome back to Vancouver! It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the beds and found the work space effective.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife and I were arriving from the Four Seasons Whistler so we have an interesting comparison. The staff was excellent as we have come to expect from Four Seasons properties. We did not spend a lot of time in the hotel but did find the the restaurant (The Yew) to be excellent if a bit noisy. We had a corner room which provided a large living space but a really small bathroom. The bathroom in the Whistler Four Seasons could have accommodated 4 or 5 people easily. The bathroom in the Vancouver four Season barely had room for one person. I don't know if this was due to being a corner room or what. Location was good with walking distance to Canada Center or Gas Town but you will want a taxi to go to Granville Island or Stanley Park.

Room Tip: From our experience stay away from the corner rooms if you want a decent sized bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Joerg R, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Dear DenverSkiNut,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip with a chance to see both Whistler and Vancouver! Due to our location of being in the heart of downtown, our property and rooms are configured differently than our property in Whistler, which is located in the spacious upper village. We do offer a variety of room types and would be delighted to show you these options next time you are in Vancouver.

We are happy to hear that our staff were great and that you enjoyed your meal at YEW seafood + bar. We look forward to seeing you again!