“Be Careful!One stay here and you won't enjoy staying anywhere else!”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The best hotel in Vancouver bar none. Staff is amazing! Really kid friendly for a high end hotel.
Indoor outdoor pool and recreation area are great. Location is perfect. Restaurant is excellent rooms are great ,nothing but great memories!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jan K
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a beautiful, well located hotel in Vancouver. The rooms are well appointed and quiet, the service is great and there is free wifi. We were only there for one night before we boarded our cruise ship but we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again. The restaurant is very good but expensive!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScreaminDemon
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Four Seasons is very nicely located in the city centre. Excellent access to public transit (including the Canada Line to YVR). Room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The fitness centre is excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. Really nothing but good things to say about the Four Seasons

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank schnoodleontheroad
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I chose the Four Seasons Vancouver for our family to stay for one night so my husband and son could attend a rock concert, and I wanted a place that would be central, convenient, seamless, and excellent (in other words, foolproof). During our drive up from Seattle, which was loaded with border and traffic delays (avoid 99), my husband mentioned that he had read some reviews indicating that it wasn't quite up to Four Seasons standards. So I was nervous. But I don't know what those people were talking about because the Four Seasons Vancouver was excellent (and, yes, we have stayed at other Four Seasons).

The location is central and ideal, and the level of service is polite, friendly, and perfect; just what you would expect from a Four Seasons. First of all, I messed up our reservation (put down the wrong number of people in our family) but on check-in this was corrected and they did their best to accommodate us, bringing little extras for the kids like kid-sized robes and treats. Actually, they were apologetic when I was the person who should have apologized. They also brought tons of extra pillows and blankets to make sure everyone was comfortable, which we all were. The room was larger than I would expect in a city hotel, and the shower pressure was very good. The pool was also great fun for the entire family (indoor/outdoor), and there is free coffee and fruit.

We arrived fairly late due to traffic, but managed to get a table at Yew. I would recommend calling ahead and making a reservation. It was fantastic.

Check-out was seamless. The neighborhood was very walk-able (I toured around with my young daughter by ourselves in the evening and felt safe. We even watched a TV show being filmed about a block behind the hotel). There is a kids area that seems pretty impressive; my kids were disappointed that we weren't staying longer so they would play more (games, videos, crafts, etc.). I was too. I can't wait to go back. I would stay there for a family vacation, girls weekend, overnight on the way to/from Whistler, etc. In fact, I'd invent reasons to stay there.

Room Tip: We were on a high room, city view. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jetlager
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The four seasons is conveniently located above the pacific centre shopping mall which is in the heart of the city. Close proximity to cafes, bars and restaurants. The hotel has a great gym and pool, which you should try. Food wise i think the choices within the hotel are limited, there is a restaurant called YEW which is excellent, but I found the prices to be on the higher side. The rooms are indeed very nice and live up to the plush standards that the hotel is known for. Toiletries from Loccitane and immaculate turn down service. Stayed for a week in June, would go back again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here twice in July. Everything about the place was excellent. The restaurant was the best hotel restaurant I can remember. Everything was sparkling clean. Easy check in and out. Very helpful staff. Wish we could have stayed longer. What more could I say?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I generally live Four Seasons. I got married in one and then had my honeymoon in the other. When picking a hotel for luxury I pick Four Seasons without thinking. Therefore, Four Seasons Vancouver is such a disappointment. It is such an average hotel. The Deluxe Room could be a Deluxe room in any third star hotel. There is nothing about it which says you are staying at Four Seasons. The dated cream wall pape and grey carpet and horrible green wall paper in washrooms.

The washrooms are as good as they are in holiday Inn Suites and even Hilton Garden Inn has better washrooms.

There are no bedroom slippers or dental kit. I know those are not minor things if you pick a 5 star hotel to spend money on.

The service well has so far been good. My room was not ready and the front desk put me in another room on a lower floor. Allegedly it was quiet but I am not sure as I can everything.

This was suppose to be our second honeymoon and we chose Four Seasons for sentimental reasons (which now seems like such a stupid idea). I wish we had gone with another hotel that would have vowed us more.

Really really disappointed and it is definitely not worth the money.

I hope rest of the trip will make up for the disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Ava A,

I am so disappointed you left with such a poor impression of us. Clearly this is not what we had envisioned for your stay especially not for your second honeymoon.

As you may or may not know, we are one of the original hotels of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. We are a 4-star hotel, and we do lack some of the moderate amenities compared to our newer sister properties. With our last renovations right before the 2010 Winter Olympics, we streamlined our room amenities including slippers and dental kits so our guests would have less clutter in the rooms. We still offer these guest supplies and we would be happy to have delivered them to your room.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts. I hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to try us again.

Kind regards,