“Top Notch Service, High Quality Hotels”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Customer service and attention to detail are clearly priorities for the Four Seasons Hotels. This is the opposite experience to dealing with a big chain organization which doesn't care about the individual customers. Despite their size - The Four Seasons seems to get how to do service extremely well and very consistently. I've never had anything by stellar experiences at their hotels.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I got what I expected from my stay at the Four Seasons in Vancouver. Great location downtown. Staff was helpful, polite and attentive; room was well-appointed, clean and quiet. Restaurant was good. There was just no 'wow' factor to the stay, which is why I can't give it an 'excellent' rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear bonvoyage74,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience.

I am pleased to hear your complimentary words, however, I am disappointed we just did not "wow" you. We always talk about what we can do to make each guest experience personalized and special – clearly in your case we've missed the mark and we apologize.

Thank you for sharing your observations as notes such as yours allow us to frame up constructive feedback to better serve our clients. We hope that at some point in the future you'll give us another opportunity to try us again.

Kind regards,
Kari Koskela
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I checked in, the reception staff couldn't find my reservation. Anyway, they checked me in the last remaining hotel room with a new reservation. Next day they found that the problem was caused by a 'system glitch', and I got an apology card and a letter. A newspapers was wrongly delivered to my room. When I went to the hotel restaurant and let them know about the problem, they immediately got me a new one. In term of the hotel itself, don't expect it's of the same quality as other Four Seasons in the world like Hong Kong. It is old. Avoid those rooms facing the central conditioners, very noisy.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I travel to Vancouver a lot for work and always stay at the Four Seasons in Vancouver. Its conveniently located and staff are always great! The beds are super comfy and the fitness facilities are great for those who want to work out on the road.

1  Thank Itravelalot1981
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The team working here are outstanding, from the front desk, the concierge to the switchboard operator (who kindly helped me get some travel documents printed in reception). We received really first class service.

The rooms are spacious and the beds and pillows were the most comfortable we have ever found in a hotel. We got a lovely nights sleep.

The location in Downtown is excellent opposite the Vancouver Art Gallery and only a couple of blocks away from the City's main conference facitities in Canada Place and historic Gastown, Ideal also for shopping on Robson Street.

Only one minor issue - no coffee making facility in the room unlike every other decent hotel in North America. Complimentary coffee in reception doesn't make up for not providing good in-room coffee and you should not have to ask for a kettle. But still five star rating as staff were just amazing and the hotel is great. If you are planning a visit to Vancouver and require a central location at a good price - don't miss this place!

Room Tip: Better views available on higher floors and if booking through an agent ask for a room away from the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Four Seasons Vancouver is in a great location downtown, within walking distance of shops and restaurants. However, the rooms are quite dated and lacking amenities such as a coffee maker. Small things like newspaper delivery was tardy and the service was lackluster. With the level of competition nearby (Hotel Georgia and The Shangrila), Four Seasons needs to up their game a bit.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear TorontoJaggirl,

I am so pleased to hear that during your stay you found our centralized location in the heart of downtown extremely convenience. I am, however, disappointed to hear that you found of service and physical property underwhelming. We are indeed one of the original properties of Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. We are a 4-star hotel, and we do admit we lack some of the moderate amenities compared to our newer sister properties such as the newly built Four Seasons Hotel Toronto. With our last renovations right before the 2010 Winter Olympics, we streamlined our room amenities. However, I am please to share with you that we do still offer complimentary coffee machines readily available upon request. In addition, we offer complimentary coffee stations starting at 5:30am on the fourth floor fitness facilities, Club Four, ending at 10am and the 2nd floor lobby ending at 8am.

Thank you for your honest feedback as we learn so much from our guests and their expectations. Notes such as yours allow us to frame up constructive feedback and enable us to better serve our guests. I hope that at some point in the future you will give us another try.

Kind regards,
Kari Koskela
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I've never encountered such a caring group of people in a hotel. I'll be back! The restaurant servers, the concierge, the welcome desk - all excellent individuals who take pride in their work, and make you feel at home and welcomed.

Room Tip: Be sure to have a meal in the hotel restaurant.