“Our Excellent Hotel in Vancouver”

Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel has friendly helpful staff straight away helping with the case,s with instructions on where to go to check in the room was more like a suite than a room clean tidy warm and very large the bed was comfortable and again large the view was excellent from the 25th floor we loved it and would recommend this hotel to everyone we will be staying there again the next time we visit Vancouver excellent evening meal cooked to perfection with the excellent friendly servers .

Reviewed October 3, 2012

It was a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons. The staff was extremely attentive especially the catering staff that looked after us in the Aspen Room. The Hotel Manager has done a really good job in leading his team!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The Four Seasons is quickly becoming my favorite hotel anywhere.

If you read my review of my last stay, there was a minor problem with one of the Fitness Facility staff. The problem was handled professionally by the front desk and the hotel general manager, who then followed up with a call to make sure I was satisfied with the outcome.

Upon arrival this time, we were treated like GOLD. An upgraded room was the start. Every time we used any service, or spoke with the front desk, they went over the top to make sure everything was perfect.

The hotel itself continues to be of great quality, is clean and up to date.

The rooms are well appointed, the fitness facility has everything you need (this is not a hotel gym), and the food at the restaurant (YEW) was fabulous. The pool area is fantastic with half the pool inside, and the other half outside. The outside pool is surrounded by a huge upscale deck area.

The staff as indicated is unbelievable. A prime example is the valet staff. The first afternoon we returned to the hotel and asked for a recommendation for dinner. We gave him our criteria and he provided several options, including directions. When we departed for dinner several hours later, the valet called out to us. He had some further suggestions that he thought we should know about. How he remembered us, let alone what we were looking for with so many people coming and going, speaks to their training and attention to detail.

Absolutely, positively – a great hotel !!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I love staying at The Four Seasons when in Vancouver. The location is perfect and you hardly feel as though you’re in the middle of downtown when you’re at the indoor/outdoor pool. I love to swim, hit the hot tub, or just relax by the pool… all while the keeners are working out in the awesome gym. It looks like a really great gym facility, but I’d rather hit the restaurant. YEW is one of the hottest spots in town and the menu is fabulous and their cuisine is delicious. And, most importantly, Four Seasons has incredibly comfortable beds!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for more space
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank VictoriaTaste
Kari K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear VictoriaTaste,

It’s early Monday morning and you’ve already gotten me smiling! I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and found some relaxation at our Club Four fitness facilities. Being in the center of the downtown core, I am delighted to hear that you had a peaceful and restful sleep on our signature Four Seasons beds. I don’t blame you for being tempted by YEW Restaurant + Bar. We have such great talents in that restaurant and the food that is pumped out of that kitchen, lead by Executive Chef Ned Bell, just keeps on getting better and better. Thank you for your kinds words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home for many future stays.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons Vancouver for two nights for our 10th wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Our room was on the 23rd floor and was fairly large for a city hotel, although I was kind of surprised at how tiny the bathroom was, given the size of the room. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I arranged beforehand for a bottle of Moscato d'Asti be sent to our room to celebrate the anniversary and it was there when we arrived, along with a tray of strawberries and chocolate.

We ordered room service twice during our stay. It arrived promptly and the food was fresh and hot. I had the pizza, which was very good and my husband ordered the burger, which he enjoyed. We also ordered a late night (3AM snack). I got the chowder, which was great.

The location of the hotel can't be beat. It's in the middle of everything and the Skytrain is literally right around the corner.

This was our second stay at a Four Seasons hotel and it definitely met all of my expectations. I would definitely stay here again the next time I visit Vancouver.

1  Thank Elizabeth F

Dear Lilly425,

Congratulations to you and your husbands for 10 years! Thank you for your loyalty and including us on such a momentous occasion. I am thrilled to hear that your stay was made memorable by our Room Service and Housekeeping teams. We are truly blessed to have such dedicated and professional individuals, and it is immensely rewarding to know our efforts are well received. Thank you for your kind words. We hope to have you back soon for many more future stays with Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts worldwide.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Only stayed one night before a cruise but this hotel is very good indeed and Vancouver seemed a marvellous place to stay much longer in.
We were pre-booked by the cruise line so cannot comment on value for money.
The room was huge with a big comfortable double bed, comfortable armchair, two other chairs and a separate (not built-in) writing desk. Great view of the city and the overlooking mountains from the 20th floor. Nice bathroom. All spotless. Only snag was no coffee maker in the room but we found out, only after breakfast, that there was free coffee from a machine in the foyer early in the morning. A bit awkward going down in your jimjams but we did see some taking it up the lift in dressing gowns.
The reason we didn't know was that we could find no hotel info in the room - usually you get a massive brochure - but maybe it was all on the TV system, we never investigated.
The staff were all courteous and helpful especially in the restaurant at breakfast where they were very attentive over my wife's food allergy. Having said that, the breakfast came to 65 dollars and only I had the full monty - probably the most expensive we've ever had anywhere!
The hotel location is excellent, right in the city centre near plenty of attractions, restaurants and shopping (including a mall in the same building). Even only a 10 minute downhill walk to the cruise ship terminal although we had a transfer arranged.
Overall a great stay, definately recommended.

Room Tip: Obviously higher floors for the best views. For a quick, cheap but tasty meal or snack head for the...

Dear Rufford18,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Thank you for your kind words and observations. I am so pleased you found our centralized location convenient – such a timesaver to have everything at arms reach.

I am pleased to share with you that we do offer complimentary coffeemakers upon guest requests through Room Service. So no need to get fully dressed for coffee the next time you are in!

Your frustration regarding the lack of a guest directory is totally understandable. As members of the Five Green Keys we recognize there is a high environmental cost to update and replace 373 guest directories on regular basis. Rest assured our Concierge, and the entire Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver team, are always on standby to assist in any way possible. Our personal and professional mandate is to provide personalized, authentic service to all our guests.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at YEW Restaurant + Bar, and that you felt confident with our actions regarding your wife’s food allergen as the safety of our guests is the upmost importance. I appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to breakfast prices. I am pleased to inform you that we do offer a breakfast to-go program, “YEW on the Fly”, which offers breakfast sandwiches and coffee starting at $10 from the bar. I would definitely encourage you to try it during your next stay.

Once again, thank you for your candid comments and complimentary words. We wish you safe travels in all your future endeavors and hope to have the pleasure of having back to our beautiful city of Vancouver.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great check in service where the gentleman offered us an upgrade to a corner room for an extra $40 can dollars.. We declined as we were only there for one night...

We arrived to our room which was just wonderfull big bright and very light with the ceiling to floor windows..

The king bed was fantastic with great crisp whip cotton sheets i will say it was like sleeping on marshmellows.

The full bathroom was excellent with nice bath and a great clear shower door and the shampoo.condi.shower gel was a great touch...There were more than enough towells..

There was no hairdryer this was delivered within two mins great fast service..

The hotel was located only four blocks away from the main shipping point so an easy 5 min walk to get our cruise..The gasswork area is located near to there to with a wealth of bars and restraunts and a very safe area with a great atmosphere..

In all a fantastic 5 star hotel with great service and even better location ;)

Dear Joanne028,

Thank you for your complimentary note. I am delighted to learn that you found our guest room well-appointed and spacious, and that you enjoyed our wonderful L’Occitane en Provence body products. Being in the center of the downtown core, I am delighted to hear that you had a peaceful and restful sleep on our signature Four Seasons beds.

I do apologize that there was no hairdryer in your room upon your arrival; however, I am pleased we were able to resolve the issue in a quick and efficient manner.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver home for many future stays.