“Good value and fun afternoon”
Review of Vancouver Aquarium

Vancouver Aquarium Admission
More Info
$76.32*
and up
Vancouver Trolley Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Lookout Observation Deck and Vancouver...
Ranked #8 of 358 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sea otters, steller sea lions and 50,000 other aquatic creatures await your arrival at Canada’s largest aquarium. Long-established as a global leader in marine research, education and conservation, the Vancouver Aquarium offers visitors an unforgettable experience through face-to-face engagement with a wide array of amazing animals. You can also immerse yourself in the 4D Experience Theatre, which combines the high-definition excitement of a 3D film with thrilling sensory effects! Find out for yourself why the Vancouver Aquarium is one of the world’s favourite aquariums..
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Plenty of exhibits to see with lots of well informed staff.
Enjoyable dolphin show without it feeling like it exploited them.
Ice creams were nice - long wait to get served though in a queue of only 3 people!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Feel the aquarium was poorly designed... I did not know which direction to go in the aquarium... Rooms opened into each other from both sides.... Limited exhibits... Very, very noisy. Best part was the 4D movie which was short but good... Very overpriced!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We stopped en route to our kayaking trip northwest if Vancouver - a great intro to the region! I was very impressed by their thorough focus on local issues, animals and ecosystems - yet also their international breadth. Also impressed by the research and marine mammal rescue/rehab programs. Places like this are so very important for education!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We visited San Diego SeaWorld prior to visiting Vancouver Acquarium. In comparison, the Vancouver Acquarium is quite small, especially the shark tank looks really cramped. Not wanting to get into the controversy of whether it's right or wrong to make animals do shows for entertainments - however the scale of the dolphin show is rather simple and not too appealing. Admission is too pricey and we finished seeing all the exhibits in less than a hour. It is afterall a good place to spend an afternoon if you are an Acquarium lover; otherwise there are other attractions within Stanley Park that in my opinion worth more to visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We loved the fact that this Aquarium is in the middle of Stanley Park. What beautiful surroundings. I loved the way they displayed the fish aquariums and exhibits. The shows varied from average to excellent. I read some reviews that say this is like every other aquarium = well we have been to at least a dozen aquariums and I guess you can say that about any of them but we loved them all and this one is a really good one too. I also like the fact they still have Cetacean shows. I understand that it is not ideal to keep them in captivity but from my personal experience it is because I have gone to aquariums and feel in love with Orcas (Sea World Orlando) and Beluga whales (Vancouver Aq) and sea animals in general that I have donated to causes that actually help them (I have donated well over $ 1000 to various charities and although that may not sound like much imagine how many other people do the same thing). We really enjoyed the experience of the Vancouver Aquarium!