“Wonderful Experience!”

Vancouver Aquarium Admission
More Info
$77.14*
and up
Vancouver Trolley Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Lookout Observation Deck and Vancouver...
Ranked #8 of 356 things to do in Vancouver
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sea otters, steller sea lions and 50,000 other aquatic creatures await your arrival at Canada’s largest aquarium. Long-established as a global leader in marine research, education and conservation, the Vancouver Aquarium offers visitors an unforgettable experience through face-to-face engagement with a wide array of amazing animals. You can also immerse yourself in the 4D Experience Theatre, which combines the high-definition excitement of a 3D film with thrilling sensory effects! Find out for yourself why the Vancouver Aquarium is one of the world’s favourite aquariums..
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Don't miss your chance to visit the Aquarium! Whether you have kids or not...it's a great learning environment! There's so much to see & experience! Check out the interesting programs, the staff are terrific! Check out the gift store too, it's got some great stuff!

There are newer reviews for Vancouver Aquarium

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the aquarium and spent a lovely afternoon there with a friend. With the recommended visit time of 1-2 hours I wasn't convinced that it would be worth the $25 admission ($23 with the $2 off admission with a valid public transport receipt) but we arrived at 1.30pm and were there until closing at 5pm.

Although evidently much smaller than SeaWorld I really enjoyed the dolphin, beluga and sea lion presentations; rather than being focused on tricks the staff talked about the animals, their habitats and what we can do to halp preserve their natural environment.

There are 2 gift shops, and a cafe which is outdoors with the larger animal attractions- make sure to wear layers on a cold day as you won't want to miss the outside parts. There's also a 4D presentation of BBC's Planet Earth with some great effects- make sure to do that.
If you love animals and have a spare 3 hours I would really recommend the aquarium!

1  Thank travelqueenNi
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My 8 year old loved watching the blind sea otter Walter. Dolphins were also great. If you go during the week, the aquarium is not as busy.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was great, this is the second aquarium I've ever been to in my life and it was amazing. This aquarium is very diverse and very environmentally conscious. Especially with the garbage disposals and how everything is made from something besides plastic.

I went with the thought that it'd take only a few hours, but we stayed the whole day there watching the many programs that are available there.

The best things I saw was the penguin walk, which was adorable. I also saw the Beluga show, which was the first time I've ever seen a beluga, and I loved it. I also watched the dolphin show which left me in complete awe of everything. They have above ground viewing areas and well as below ground if you want to see these creatures in their natural habitat.

The food was good and reasonably priced and everything was in close distance. Since it was my first time in Canada, it was alittle confusing to get there. But it was well worth the walk with all the events going in the park.

I would definitely go again!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really appreciated the fact that a lot of the mammals, at least, in the aquarium were rescues. Beautiful facility!