“Lovely room - great staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely room - great staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sutton Place. The lobby area is lovely and we had a great room. It was an unusual U shape with two comfy beds, a big bathroom with lots of towels and toiletries and a great shower.In addition there was bathroom scales. But they must have been faulty because they showed I had put on more than a few pounds during my 2 weeks in Canada :-).
There was a large desk and 2 armchairs in the sitting room area and a decent sized wardrobe with a safe and an umbrella. All the staff were genuinely friendly and extremely helpful. Decent but fairly expensive buffet breakfast for about C$23 (about £18 after tax and a tip). But the waitress was delightful and had a super smile.
The only down points for me were charging C$6 (about £3.75) for a bottle of water in the room and the charge of C$6 for 20 minutes of WiFi/internet access.
But overall a great hotel, well located and ....... great staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel three times over the month of August that was broken with a cruise to Alaska.Excellent location in the heart of the city, close to many excellent restaurants and only minutes from Robson Street shopping area.On our second stay we were in a one bedroom deluxe suite that was fantastic. Heaps of room in both the bedroom and the lounge area with a well appointed bathroom. And most importantly the bed and pillows were very comfortable.We used the gym and the pool, both were great. Perhaps the outside seating area is getting a little tired but again it provided a nice area to soak up a few rays before drinks.Staff were all very accommodating and friendly, especially the doormen .My only small criticism is the delay sometimes in getting service at the Concierge desk. This is a very busy hotel so I guess this come with the territory. Would love to come back to Vancouver, and if we do we would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would not book the continental breakfast again with my room rate. I didn't think this was grea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked The Sutton so easily with the on line number, when we arrived we were so pleasantly surprised, valet service waiting for you, staff so caring and polite and friendly! Our room....clean, big, well stocked fridge, and so quiet! the location is perfect the sky train is only blocks away, shopping out the front door. we will stay at this hotel whenever we go to Vancouver, I have never stayed at a hotel that I have enjoyed as I did this one! We were over for a wedding and only stayed one night, we wished we stayed two! The other reviews say it all, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed in September for 2 nights prior to Alaskan cruise. Hotel is well located in central midtown and roughly half hour trip from the airport, with friendly concierge staff on entry. Half of building is residences, with a New York feeling to the building. Rooms were large and clean, and lovely bathroom and bed. Location makes it easy to get around town, and close to all restaurants and city activities and 5-10 mins from the port (in good traffic). Grocery store also handily next door (and a smaller shop within the hotel), and wifi hotspot coffee shop located directly across the road. Bike hire shop within 10 minute walk, which provide good way to explore the nearby Stanley Park. Price points in Vancouver are generally on higher end, however Sutton Place was a nice stopover and worth the stay and would stay again if heading through Vancouver.

Room Tip: Most rooms face into the city, with lakes not viewable. This is midtown
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Priaries
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I travel to Vancouver once or twice a year and have stayed a many different hotels in the city. I finally had an opportunity to stay at the Sutton Place. Since I was only staying for one night I was happy to find a room at Sutton Place via a deal I got through Expedia.

I arrived early (noonish) and wasn't expecting to have a room ready but wanted to store my luggage. My arrival was greeted with some unpleasant attitude from the front desk staff and I'm not sure what prompted this. I left my luggage and returned to the hotel to check in at five.

Upon my return a different person was at the desk (may have been the manager but I'm not sure. Certainly someone with a better more business like attitude). My earlier visit advised that their electronic system was down and was still down when I returned. It was clear that the staff had a busy and likely frustrating day and I commented to the person helping me that I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. This seemed to ease the check in process and it unfolded uneventfully.

I had a room on the 19th floor with a King size bed. I've no idea if this was what I would have gotten had there been no issue with their system but it was a lovely room! I'd stayed at two other hotel's during this visit (don't ask :-) and this was by far the nicest room. Let's be honest I'm not sure how old the hotel is but she is showing her age but in a classic Grande dame kind of way. The room was large, quite and nicely laided out. The bed was comfortable, the coffee good, bath towels large and plush. The T.V. had HD and was a pleasant surprize in it's quality.

Given the deal I got on the room (I used the 40% off unlisted hotel deal so didn't know until I paid what hotel I would get) it was a pleasant beyond expectations room. My husband and I are both civil servants and both travel frequently him for business and myself for pleasure - we've stayed in some wonderful hotels over the years. I hope the front desk was just having a tough day (though I will say I have difficult days in my work but we are expected to maintain a business like manner).

I'm glad I finally got to try the Sutton Place hotel - a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: My room wasn't facing Burrard St and was nice and quite. The location is great and it was easy t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite Hotel in Vancouver. From the time you drive up you are immediately greeted by friendly Valets, taken to checking in, were we had great service then taken to our room. Our room had a beautiful King size Bed, very clean, with large screen TV, mini fridge, large Bathroom, plus bath robes.
The location is excellent, we were able to walk to go shopping, our for dinner, plus we had tickets for Queen Elizabeth Threatre and that was only a 15 min walk, so it was great. Thank you to all the staff for providing such a great experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple