“Central for downtown”

Ranked #29 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Kent
“Central for downtown”
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Booked a deluxe room here for a 2 night stay at the end of our holiday. Upgraded to a quiet room on the 19th floor, well above the city. Strange that our double room had 2 large single beds, but we did not query this as it was just 2 nights. Wonderful beds with additional feather mattressess (are they called toppers?) Slept really well.

Helpful staff on reception and concierge, friendly and gave good advice.

Good location in the middle of Downtown.

• Liked — Central position, comfortable beds
  • Disliked — City view
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Nice location, but the rooms, while clean and well maintained, are dated. Hotel takes lots of big groups, so the lobby can be a madhouse. Breakfast buffet is not worth the money.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Room decor is dated.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Bucks County,PA
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We loved the hotel's central location, room was very nice, bathroom was clean and roomy enough with nice amenties. Best thing was the incredible service. Hotel staff went out of their way to perfect our comfort . Concierge station was extremely helpful and courteous. Overall I would highly recommend staying at the Sutton Place Hotel. For great views, ask for an upper floor room facing the bay & mountains.

Stayed May 2008
Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2008

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Sutton and loved every minute of it! From the minute we walked in till the minute we left, they treated us like we were royalty.

The positives include evening turn down service complete with chocolates and a card with the next day's weather forecast. It's a little touch, but it just shows how guest focused they are. The concierge desk came in very helpful as we decided to venture outside the city on a couple occasions. They even knew where the new H&M was located in the mall even though it had only been open a week. He gave us very detailed directions, including which escalator to take and which way to turn once we got off of it. I can't say enough about the excellent level of service. The hotel is also one block away from Robson street, which has all sorts of shops.

The only negative was the cost to park ($28/day), but I'm from the cornfields of the mid-west where parking is always free.

Overall, I'd stay at the Sutton Place again in a heartbeat!

• Liked — Amazing Service
  • Disliked — Parking Fee
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed April 30, 2008

I usually stay at the Pan Pacific but I had a credit with Hotwire and I was able to get this for $129 a night. The employees were awesome! Super nice and efficient. The room was large and decorated nicely. The bath items were my favorite, BUT the stand alone SMA LL shower was so little that when I turned around my body would catch the adjuster and make the water boiling! It was at least 30 years old as was the tub (They were seperate) I HATED that shower! I give this hotel no more than 4 stars because of this. ALso, I had the A/C on and the A/C vent smelled like old maple syrup!

• Liked — Friendly staff and let us check in early
  • Disliked — THE SAMM stand alone OLD shower
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Carlii1964
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed April 19, 2008

The Sutton Place Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It is an easy walk to Robson St, Canada Place/ Convention Center, Davie St. Stanley Park and Gastown are longer but doable walks. My room was tastefully appointed. The service here is top notch- from the doormen to the housekeeping staff everyone is there to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The concierge staff is very knowledgeable and accessible as well. I could not have been more satisfied with my stay here. The only downside is that the business center has a stiff charge for internet usage, so I would walk a few blocks to Kinko's and use the computers there. I felt pampered at the Sutton Place Hotel!

• Liked — Personal service
  • Disliked — internet access cost
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Joshdent
Bellevue, WA
Reviewed April 1, 2008

We stayed here with friends for a weekend. We have visited Vancouver several times, and knew we wanted to be close to the main downtown area restaurants and shops. This hotel is in a prime location with many great restaurants and stores within walking distance. (only half a block away from Robson!) It was in a better location than even the downtown Hyatt! (where we stayed last time)

The service from the concierge was amazing and considerate. I've never had hotel staff bend over backwards as they did, in booking restaurant reservations, give passes to clubs, and being so knowledgeable with local restaurants. (and we had very specific criteria)

The only thing I could find that wasn't 'perfect' were the beds. The beds were just ok. I understand that everyone has their own preferences with beds, but I think the Hyatt's beds were more comfortable. However, since the service and location were great (and better), I'd rather stay here again.

• Liked — service, location, rooms
  • Disliked — beds, they were decent.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends