“Eighth Floor Luxury”

Ranked #29 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Eighth Floor Luxury”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here as a part of a two week trip from Calgary to Victoria which was arrange by our travel company. A very nice hotel with great views from our 8th floor room. Excellent Bell Hop service and concierge. Unfortunately we found the breakfast too expensive for our liking so we ate at the Market Place (supermarket) just out of the door and across the junction to the right of the building. The hotel is a ten minute walk from the waterfront and Gastown where there is a steam powered clock. Everything else about the hotel was very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here for a conference from June 16-June 18 and it was an excellent experience.
The food was exceptional throughout the conference and the hotel staff was extremely helpful.
Perks of going to a conference at this hotel were that we got a reduced hotel rate and free wifi throughout our stay. It would be too expensive to pay for wifi otherwise, and in this technological age, it really should be free. But that is really my only critique of the hotel. The downtown Vancouver location is wonderful with exciting views from our room of the city.
Overall, I would easily recommend this hotel to other professionals or couples looking for a more upscale experience of downtown Vancouver.

Room Tip: I stayed in an Executive Suite for my final night and it was luxurious. If you can afford the extra...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a great location. The hotel seems to routinely have great promotional programs. I have stayed here twice in the last six months and for both stays was able to get free parking in the on-site underground parking facility. The 2 bedroom apartment in the Residence tower was lovely, the kitchen was very well equipped and there is a good quality grocery store across the street. I agree with other reviews that the rooms are showing a bit of wear but it did not diminish my experience. We were travelling with our 4 month old daughter and I was pleased to see a number of other families in the hotel. I would describe this hotel as accessible luxury, a high quality facility with exceptional service, without being excessively expensive or pretentious.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

this hotel is well placed and not to far to walk to the waterfront, the rooms are a good size and very well laid out, i was very impressed by the size of the TV in the room and the fact you could watch TV in bed without straining, the downside to Vancouver for us was the large population of homeless people, all begging for money, which at times was a little intimidating the city seem to do little to prevent this, which could put off people from visiting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I actually liked this hotel more than I thought I would - as I normally stay in smaller boutique properties but all my friends were staying here so I booked it as well. However whilst you can see this used to be an amazing property, it is well past it's prime and desperately in need of a face lift!

I stayed in a Executive Suite which was very spacious and in hindsight didn't really need to much space! There was a large lounge area but the sofas were really old and so I would sit on a towel on it! The bed was very comfortable and they had a good mix of pillows - it was just a shame that the window was so small as it made it quite dingy.

The bathroom was very clean and had a separate bath and the towels were very fluffy!! Also worth a special mention are all the hotel staff - from housekeeping to utilities to the concierge, I thought that everyone was very helpful and friendly.

I think my biggest pet peeve was that wi-fi wasn't included in the rate and to be honest I feel like it should be included as part of the standard package esp with a suite!

But it's a great location and for anyone who is visiting, I would recommend the hotel esp if you stay on the Grand Residences side where there are apartments, which I got to visit as I had friends staying there.

Room Tip: Book over in the Grand Residences for the newly refurbished rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Old, tired with scratched up furnishings. Bedding was well worn and in need of renewal.Carpets were filthy don't forget your slippers. Because we prepaid there was no free wifi, The bathroom was the only saving grace, clean with a good shower.

Room Tip: Never Prepay a room. Lesson learned
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My sister and I stayed at The Sutten Hotel recently! We were given an exceptional experience staying at this wonderful hotel, downtown Vancouver! Everyone was helpful and quick to answer any questions! The best bed I've ever had in a hotel! gorgeous view from the 13th floor! Lovely room, with everything you need! Very quiet and relaxing! We also had the pleasure of a very tasty Sunday breakfast! Just a very luxurious feel, for reasonable prices! I would easily go back again! So would my sister, when coming to Vancouver, to visit family!

Room Tip: Nothing to add!