“Lovely way to finish off our Canadian holiday”

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed February 9, 2013

After finding a cheap deal online, we stayed here for one night before flying home to Australia. Having stayed in Vancouver many times (and living here too), this was our first time at the Sutton Place. Conveniently located close to Canada Line's Vancouver City Centre Station, it was an ideal choice.

Check-in was a breeze AND we were able to check-in quite a number of hours before the advertised time - a huge bonus.

View was brilliant and we loved the location.

Upon checking out, we were able to store our bags all day, as our flight did not leave until late that night.

Would love to stay here again when we are next in Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank epmc
Write a ReviewReviews (3,175)

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my second experience at the Sutton Place and I have nothing negative to say about it. The location is great as it is in the heart of downtown with access to all the shopping and restaurants. The staff are very professional, the service is impeccable, the rooms are clean and well maintained. I absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

In January I booked a two night stay at the Sutton Place. This was my second time at this location in two months. I arrived in our new Dodge Ram 4x4 and paid $35.00/night for valet parking. I had washed the truck prior to going to the hotel so was 100% certain of the condition it was in upon arrival. I drove straight to the hotel from the ferry terminal and when I left the truck with the valet it was fine. The next day however it was damaged all along the box of the truck on the driver's side $1,000 in damage. The young man who brought us the truck said he noticed this damage and noted it in their log. After much dealing with the hotel and the valet company they have denied responsibility. Nice. Our room was basic and very clean however the toilet ran all night. The front desk advised us they would have it fixed that after noon while we were out and would be done by the time we returned. We this happened much later and when I came back from the pool around 4:45 to get ready for dinner I hung out in my bathrobe while two guys worked on the toilet and then had to clean the bathroom. The front desk suggested another room which luckily I viewed prior to accepting it because they were in the middle of pressure washing just a few floors below and the noise was simply unacceptable. No further choices were suggested. Finally though the bathroom was finished and we stayed put. I would not stay at this location again. Was very unhappy about the truck incident. Oh but they did give us one night free parking because the toilet incident. Wow seriously. We go to Vancouver frequently but our money will be spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele S
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my second stay at Sutton Place and it was just as good as the first time. Excellent service, clean and comfortable room and bed, everything is top notch. My only complaint was that the wireless Internet did not work for our entire stay (3 nights). We tried 5 different devices and none would connect unless we went down to the lobby.

This may sound odd but once again I found the elevator system incredibly impressive. We were in and out of the hotel multiple times each day and EVERY time there was an elevator ready at the lobby. The elevators are very fast. By far the best I've ever experienced at a hotel.

2  Thank Craigger79
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is in my home turf, so I have seldom had reason to stay here. Last week, I stayed for 3 nights, and the whole experience was flawless. Every staff member that I encountered was awake, engaged, sincere, helpful, informed. Even the housekeeping staff went out of their way to engage me in real conversation. For me as an HR practitioner, this speaks to the quality of leadership employed by the hotel, up to and including the General Manager.

The food was excellent, presentation was creative and serving staff were on the ball. I arranged an exchange with a friend, she was to deliver a book and pick up cash. She later told me that she did not even have to get out of her car, the door attendant and the concierge made it easy.

Kudos to the hiring, training and performance management in this property. Will always recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Navid S, General Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time and gesture to provide your feedback. I am very grateful for your kind words about our staff, it is my pleasure to work with a group of professionals that have bought into the type of service we want to deliver. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you back so that we can again demonstrate the service excellence and pleasant ambiance for which our establishment is renowned. Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I travelled to Vancouver for the first time on business. I chose to stay at the Sutton Place because of reviews I had read and its centralized location. I was immediately impressed with the hotel premises and the staff. Everyone was extremely polite, courteous, and professional. Miguel at the Concierge’s Desk was simply amazing. He went out of his way on several occasions to help me, and I applaud all of his efforts.

I will definitely stay at the Sutton Place for any future trips to Vancouver! Cheers!

~D.Jovanovic

1  Thank DEJnOC
Navid S, General Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
We appreciate the positive feedback on your recent stay. We are most happy to read that you found our staff professional and friendly. It is an honor for me to share your kind words with Miguel, our Senior Concierge. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fantastic hotel best location fantastic staff Was at the sutton place recovering from surgery with attendants We were treated like gold. Can't say enough good things about the entire stay. Spotless rooms. Fantastic layouts. Fantastic beds pillows and duvets. Top of the line appliances. Cute door men. Can't get any better than the sutton place.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lesliegrabove

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive review and inspiring compliments. It leaves us now to welcome you back many more times so we can deliver the highest standard of renowned Sutton hospitality that you have now come to associate with us. Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel. We wish you a speedy recovery.