“Perfect location, amazing service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
New Haven, Connecticut
“Perfect location, amazing service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2008

The Sutton Place Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It is an easy walk to Robson St, Canada Place/ Convention Center, Davie St. Stanley Park and Gastown are longer but doable walks. My room was tastefully appointed. The service here is top notch- from the doormen to the housekeeping staff everyone is there to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable as possible. The concierge staff is very knowledgeable and accessible as well. I could not have been more satisfied with my stay here. The only downside is that the business center has a stiff charge for internet usage, so I would walk a few blocks to Kinko's and use the computers there. I felt pampered at the Sutton Place Hotel!

• Liked — Personal service
  • Disliked — internet access cost
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joshdent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (659)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2008

We stayed here with friends for a weekend. We have visited Vancouver several times, and knew we wanted to be close to the main downtown area restaurants and shops. This hotel is in a prime location with many great restaurants and stores within walking distance. (only half a block away from Robson!) It was in a better location than even the downtown Hyatt! (where we stayed last time)

The service from the concierge was amazing and considerate. I've never had hotel staff bend over backwards as they did, in booking restaurant reservations, give passes to clubs, and being so knowledgeable with local restaurants. (and we had very specific criteria)

The only thing I could find that wasn't 'perfect' were the beds. The beds were just ok. I understand that everyone has their own preferences with beds, but I think the Hyatt's beds were more comfortable. However, since the service and location were great (and better), I'd rather stay here again.

• Liked — service, location, rooms
  • Disliked — beds, they were decent.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Soni181
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2008

I'd never stayed at Sutton Place (never even heard of it) before this particular trip, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I have stayed a several luxury hotels in the Vancouver area, and this is by far one of the best (only the Westin on the harbour comes close).

I travel for business, and found that the staff went out of their way to assist me. I thought the room was nice, very comfortable. The turndown service was phenomenal, way beyond mints on the pillow--the staff actually cleaned the room (already pristine), adjusted the lighting, turned on the radio, etc. I really appreciated arriving back after a long day at work--even better than having your mom take care of you! lol The reception desk was super. I wasn't there long enough to try the restaurant, but for early birds, there is a supermarket next door that serves a mean breakfast for folks on the go.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Friendly staff, really nice room, reasonably priced, good location
  • Disliked — Wish I would have had more time! I would have stayed an extra day at my expense
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank racMontreal
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

Stayed for 4 nights while on business. Great location as it is right downtown and close to Robson street where there are tons of decent restaurant.

The room is spacious with nice decor. The staff are just always there to help, was very impressed by the wonderful staff there. The gym was nice with some old but decent equipment.

Internet access was very slow while I stayed there.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lamj
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

We stayed here over spring break with the grandparents and kids in a two-bedroom suite. Many positives, few cons.

Pros:

(1) Very good-sized two-bedroom suites in the La Grande Residence.
(2) Modern, clean decor
(3) LCD TV with DVD player in living room, LCD in main bedroom
(4) 1.5 bathrooms
(5) Kitchenette
(6) Pastry treat on arrival
(7) In the middle over everything (close to Yaletown, etc.)
(8) Spa in hotel
(9) Wine shop with decent selection attached to hotel

Cons:

(1) "High-speed internet" not always high-speed -- and expensive at $15/day
(2) One of three elevators broken for entire stay, causing delays
(3) Maid service forgot to set up sofa bed for kids during entire stay

Overall, an excellent value in an excellent location for those traveling with kids

Stayed March 2008
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

This was our second time staying at the Sutton Place in Vancouver and it was once again an enjoyable experience. Valet parking and check-in were quick, very professional and friendly. The location is ideal for those who want to shop as all the designer stores and the Pacific Centre are within a short walking distance. We were there for a family event and the consierge pointed me to a florist - the arrangement that arrived was spectacular for what we spent. We ate in the restaurant for appetizers one evening and for lunch in the pub one afternoon and both meals and service were good experiences. The room was clean, bed was a tad soft (personal preference) but bedding was nice and the bathroom had some nice amenities although we didn't use them.
So, you may be wondering why I didn't give this hotel an over all experience of 'excellent' - well, it was because of the heating. When we arrived in our room it was hot - and actually it was the young man who brought up our luggage that mentioned the heat. He turned the heat down but an hour later we were still sweltering. I called housekeeping and within 10 minutes a fellow was there to look at the problem. Obviously, they had had this complaint before because he brought along a new air filter and installed it (the one he pulled out was disgusting but that may be part of a hotel heating problem). After this installation, with the heat still turned down, we went out for about three hours but when we returned the room was still sweltering.
What we finally did was turn the heat off and open the window. If we became too cold then we turned on the heat for a bit - not what I expect of a hotel of this class!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Ontarioannie
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2008

This was the best hotel experience I've had in years! I booked a luxury suite, premium 1-bedroom, through their website. It was less than $250 a night. I just can't say enough about what a great place this was to spend my downtime while in town. It was an absolutely wonderful 4 day stay at the hotel, from check-in to check-out. The location is central, and the room was actually a small apartment. It came with a fully stocked kitchen, dining room, big living room, bedroom, bathroom, and a deck. The decor was tasteful, the furniture was comfortable and attractive, everything was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable, the towels were big and fluffy, and there were so many amenities and nice little features. The service at this hotel is just impeccable. I used to stay at the Hyatt when I was in Vancouver, but never again. For the same price you can get so much more at the Sutton Place. My mouth doesn't usually hang open in amazement at customer service but I had so many "How wonderful!" moments while staying here. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The wonderful service!
  • Disliked — I have nothing negative to say--it was a great place to stay.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple