“Great place to stay”

Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The rooms here are very clean, and the location is very convenient for Downtown Vancouver. Don't be fooled by the older exterior, as the interior is up to date and very clean. Try to get a room on a high floor, as these are the ones with the renovated bathrooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D L
There are newer reviews for Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I really enjoyed by stay at this hotel. The staff were very helpful, and the rooms were clean. We were placed at this hotel via Hotwire, and were very impressed. Great location - close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Everything was smooth upon check in, professional. I stayed in a suite which offered me a separate living room. I appreciated the extra space.

They share a fitness facility with a spa. The gym offers more equipment than I was typically used to in a hotel which was great. It was a full gym with plenty of cardio equipment and weights.

The only meals I ate at the hotel were breakfast buffets. They were a little pricey but good. Green Salad, cereals, fresh pastries & fruit.

The location was perfect

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here end of December, 2012. The hotel is very elegant and clean, centrally located with easy access to the shops of Robson and nightlife of Davie. The Christmas decorations were pretty amazing.

I got a special rate through another website, so it ended up being very inexpensive as well.

Two downsides: the rooms are a bit small, with twin beds, not the standard "doubles," and you can do much better than the hotel parking.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PrintDevil
Navid S, Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and like our location.
We do have a selection of rooms with two double beds and also we have several value-added packages that include parking on our website.
We thank you very much for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Wishes for a Healthy and Prosperous.
Best regards

Reviewed December 30, 2012

As many reviews state, this hotel is a class act. The service feels genuine and polished unlike at most hotels where staff is usually just skating along. My room was clean and nicely decorated in a formal English style, which is a nice visual change from all the modernism at hotels these days. Nothing appeared worn out or out of date to me, just classic. Cool old-fashioned bar downstairs, with lots of heavy wood and dim lighting. My only complaint is the exorbitant internet fee-- totally ridiculous in this day and age, especially at a luxury hotel. Perhaps they are trying to make up the difference for the well-priced room I found on Hotwire. But still, lame. Internet fee aside, this is a very nice hotel-- not out of this world perfect or anything, but perfectly worthy of a night's stay.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel.It is wonderful to know that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed your time in our Gerard Lounge.
Regarding your comment on internet charge. I am pleased to advise that we offer several value-added hotel packages on our website that include complimentary WiFi or hotel credit that can be used toward Wifi charge.
On behalf of the management and staff at The Sutton Place Hotel, we thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The elevator was used all the time by staff so they made it so busy for guest . I got a suit on the 16th floor when they used it I had to stop in each floor that they wanted to go which made so late and slow

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay in regards to our elevator use.
Your feedback is important to us as we use them as learning tools to improve our service. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to The Sutton Place Hotel.
Regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Sutton Place many times for business and it never disapoints. This time though I had a bit of a mishap and called down to the front desk seeking assistance. They sent the first-aid trained security personnel up to my room to assist me within minutes. They also had an equally well trained person on the morning shift who came to follow up and check on me. I am pleased to say all of the staff are professional and ready to handle any situation. Impressive!

Room Tip: Apartment side is spacious and wonderful, hotel side is lovely and quaint and some rooms are quite s...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business