“Great Stay”

Ranked #29 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto
“Great Stay”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Everything was smooth upon check in, professional. I stayed in a suite which offered me a separate living room. I appreciated the extra space.

They share a fitness facility with a spa. The gym offers more equipment than I was typically used to in a hotel which was great. It was a full gym with plenty of cardio equipment and weights.

The only meals I ate at the hotel were breakfast buffets. They were a little pricey but good. Green Salad, cereals, fresh pastries & fruit.

The location was perfect

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here end of December, 2012. The hotel is very elegant and clean, centrally located with easy access to the shops of Robson and nightlife of Davie. The Christmas decorations were pretty amazing.

I got a special rate through another website, so it ended up being very inexpensive as well.

Two downsides: the rooms are a bit small, with twin beds, not the standard "doubles," and you can do much better than the hotel parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank PrintDevil
Navid S, Manager at Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and like our location.
We do have a selection of rooms with two double beds and also we have several value-added packages that include parking on our website.
We thank you very much for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Wishes for a Healthy and Prosperous.
Best regards
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

As many reviews state, this hotel is a class act. The service feels genuine and polished unlike at most hotels where staff is usually just skating along. My room was clean and nicely decorated in a formal English style, which is a nice visual change from all the modernism at hotels these days. Nothing appeared worn out or out of date to me, just classic. Cool old-fashioned bar downstairs, with lots of heavy wood and dim lighting. My only complaint is the exorbitant internet fee-- totally ridiculous in this day and age, especially at a luxury hotel. Perhaps they are trying to make up the difference for the well-priced room I found on Hotwire. But still, lame. Internet fee aside, this is a very nice hotel-- not out of this world perfect or anything, but perfectly worthy of a night's stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel.It is wonderful to know that you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed your time in our Gerard Lounge.
Regarding your comment on internet charge. I am pleased to advise that we offer several value-added hotel packages on our website that include complimentary WiFi or hotel credit that can be used toward Wifi charge.
On behalf of the management and staff at The Sutton Place Hotel, we thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The elevator was used all the time by staff so they made it so busy for guest . I got a suit on the 16th floor when they used it I had to stop in each floor that they wanted to go which made so late and slow

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Sutton Place Hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay in regards to our elevator use.
Your feedback is important to us as we use them as learning tools to improve our service. Thank you again for your patronage and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to The Sutton Place Hotel.
Regards,
Toronto
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Sutton Place many times for business and it never disapoints. This time though I had a bit of a mishap and called down to the front desk seeking assistance. They sent the first-aid trained security personnel up to my room to assist me within minutes. They also had an equally well trained person on the morning shift who came to follow up and check on me. I am pleased to say all of the staff are professional and ready to handle any situation. Impressive!

Room Tip: Apartment side is spacious and wonderful, hotel side is lovely and quaint and some rooms are quite s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Sutton in a 2 bed suite.
Positives
- Well-situated
- clean
- courteous staff
- the suite was spacious, & well appointed
- great pool
- great views from the 14th storey

Could improves
- galley kitchen a bit cramped
- Wi-Fi $20 a day

This was a great place to recuperate after a flight from London. We would certainly consider staying again, and found Vancouver a pleasant and interesting place to explore, esp. the sky train & Lonsdale Quay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the overall positive review of The Sutton Place Hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be happy to welcome you again at the Sutton Place Hotel. Please visit our value-added packages on our website that offer complimentary WiFi or hotel packages.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I decided to do a staycation downtown (Vancouver) to celebrate our anniversary. It was in December so we couldn't break the bank either, so I booked a 5 star hotel on Hotwire and got the Sutton Vancouver hotel.

I was a little bit concerned because I had read mixed reviews and it seemed like those who got the hotel through Hotwire had bad experiences - possibly because they were given the non-renovated, lowever level, "cheaper" rooms.

I wrote the hotel, let them know it was a special occasion and expressed my concerns. It turns out I DID get a lower level room with 2 twin beds (one of the major complaints I saw in bad reviews). They offered to upgrade us to a king bed room for $15/night - so we did that. It was still very reasonably priced. I took some of the tips I saw on reviews and asked for a room higher than the 16th floor, and for something with a view, preferrable away from the hospital (because of noise).

When we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff and were told we got a room on the 18th floor. When we got to the room, we saw chocolate covered strawberries on a plate that read "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate - compliments of the hotel manager. The room was perfect - we got a very nice view of Robson street and English Bay, it was quiet and the room was clean. There was a big screen TV and window was almost floor-to-ceiling. We loved the room so much that we ordered room service and set up our own little table for two by the window. It was very romantic :)

In summary:
- Very friend, and helpful staff
- Clean, updated rooms
- Large windows with nice view
- Gorgeous large bathroom with marble countertops and floors. Shower and bath are seperate and spacious.
- Other reviews are right - they have the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on! If you are interested, they use the Simmon's Beauty Rest pilow top World Class 1 mattress.

My only complaint is that housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30am. You can also hear everything in the hallway. But these were pretty small cons compared to all the pros.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Camille B
Dear Guest,
Thank you for celebrating your anniversary at The Sutton Place Hotel and for sharing your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. I appreciate your time and effort to write such a positive reviews and it's my pleasure to respond. I am grateful that you had a wonderful overall experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best wishes for a Happy New Year!